ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Meditation and Spirituality
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-16, 09:33 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,720 Times in 8,871 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation
Re: Affirmation and Quotes

"Digest yourself
and then He who is your true Self
can begin His ministry." ~Mooji

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
Old 01-13-16, 12:29 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

“You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness” ~Terence McKenna

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
Old 01-13-16, 12:39 PM
Committee Member

Bethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant future

"Be excellent to each other." — Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
The Following User Says Thank You to Bethylphenidate For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (01-13-16)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-16, 12:17 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

"When we have been in a state of overcoming for much of our lives, it can be difficult to surrender to the fact that there is no longer anything to overcome.

Wilfull overcoming and goal-centeredness become an entrenched way of being- one that is associated with our very survival- and it can be difficult to slow down and realize that we made it out.

That we are no longer at risk. That we created a healthier, safer reality.

This is as true for people who overcame poverty as it is those who made it out of unsafe home environments.

Many of us- and I am one of them- have great difficulty recognizing and integrating the fact that we are no longer back there.

Our minds know we got out, but our animal bodies are still carrying the same anxieties that fueled our overcoming.

In my own experience, the key to the shift in awareness is developing our capacity for surrender to our bodies.

Only when we can drop down below our willful warrior, only when we can slow down and truly FEEL the change, will we be able to integrate the fact that we are no longer back there.

For us to know the war is over, we have to allow ourselves to breathe deeply into the beautiful world that we have created with our own efforts.

We have to raise the white flag in our hearts. This is no easy feat- surrendering brings up the old anxieties at first- but if we stay with it, it will become a natural way of being. And the wars of overcoming, slowly a thing of the past." ~Jeff Brown

Old 01-15-16, 01:11 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 19,612 Times in 10,438 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

“The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of those depths.”
― Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (01-15-16), Unmanagable (01-15-16)
Old 01-15-16, 05:13 PM
Mrs dvdnvwls

Thanked 18,899 Times in 9,304 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unmanagable View Post
"Pain can't be transcended. Too much of that and it just gets concretized. Big blocks of pain obstructing the path, turning into weapons that turn inward against the self.

Don't believe the ones who say you can rise above it, or meditate it away. It doesn't go away, those ways. It goes away when we move deeply into it, and move it on through.

Pain is not an illusion- its as real as real gets. I try to never forget how good it felt to cry as a child. At the end of the release, I had new eyes and a regained freshness of appreciation.

And I also try to never forget what it has feels like to repress tears as an adult. I feel agitated, disconnected and ultimately depressed. I think of depression as frozen feeling.

When I thaw them out by feeling and releasing them, the depression lifts. It's not the pain that will kill us. It's all the efforts that we make to pretend its gone. The feel is for real." ~Jeff Brown
Whoah, that's a really good quote.

I tend to internalize my feelings, not deal with them, and distract myself as much as I can from them.

I guess it's scary because I can have big emotions sometimes.

Thank you for this.

*Edit* I decided to focus on the pain I was feeling, I guess I was stuffing some stuff down all day. I felt an immediate release when my awareness shifted to actually feeling. Wow. Thank you. It's not as scary as I thought.
The Following User Says Thank You to BellaVita For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (01-15-16)
Old 01-15-16, 08:13 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaVita View Post
Whoah, that's a really good quote.

I tend to internalize my feelings, not deal with them, and distract myself as much as I can from them.

I guess it's scary because I can have big emotions sometimes.

Thank you for this.

*Edit* I decided to focus on the pain I was feeling, I guess I was stuffing some stuff down all day. I felt an immediate release when my awareness shifted to actually feeling. Wow. Thank you. It's not as scary as I thought.
It was scary as crap at first, but it's amazingly powerful and healing. Thanks for sharing your experience in trying it out.

Old 01-15-16, 10:36 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

"It is not what appears in the mind that is the trouble, but the meaning you give it. It is your belief that empowers it. Does the perceiver suffer from the sense of separation?" ~Mooji

Old 01-16-16, 11:59 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

"Someone once told me that human beings have three dimensions: how you see yourself, how others see you, and how you want others to see you. The closer the distance between the three dimensions, the more at peace you are and the more stable you become." ~Marwa Rakha

Old 01-16-16, 09:52 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

"Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one." ~Jane Howard

Old 01-17-16, 12:32 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

"Sometimes we forget how far we have traveled while we are looking ahead to the next steps.

Good to lie down and remember what it took to get this far, all those karmic hoops we had to jump through, all those overcomings.

Good to stroke our face with love and to remind ourselves how much courage it took and who we would have become if we hadn’t braved the journey.

Good to say ‘thank you’ to the inner spirit that walks within and beside us, whispering sweet somethings in our inner ear, reminding us that we are simply and utterly worth fighting for.

We ARE simply and utterly worth fighting for." ~Jeff Brown

The Following User Says Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (01-17-16)
Old 01-17-16, 10:41 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

"Real fearlessness is the product of tenderness. It comes from letting the world tickle your heart, your raw and beautiful heart. You are willing to open up, without resistance or shyness, and face the world. You are willing to share your heart with others." ~Chogyam Trungpa

Old 01-17-16, 11:15 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

"Once I've been given a dream answer or, in many cases, a poetic refining of my question, I look for ways to dream it forward. To fully acknowledge a dream means finding ways to walk it in the world: to materialise the ineffable.

Maybe this just means carrying your symbol in your heart, letting it change the way you see things, or maybe you'll render the dream in paints or song. Perhaps you'll fashion an altar for your animal helpers, or maybe you'll even take the risk you've been prompted to take, stepping further in the direction you know you've been nudged.

Dreams make the inner life substantial, giving it dimensionality, colour and form. Ritual is the further enfleshment of the unseen; a way of feeding that which is nourishing you so that your living conversation with the holy in nature grows in strength and vocabulary. " ~Toko-pa Turner

Old 01-17-16, 10:10 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 19,612 Times in 10,438 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

“Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.”
― Richard Bach

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (01-17-16)
Old 01-17-16, 10:42 PM
Committee Member

Bethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant future

"The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are." ― Carl Jung
The Following User Says Thank You to Bethylphenidate For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (01-17-16)