ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TEENS AND YOUNG ADULTS WITH ADD/ADHD > Hangout
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Hangout A place for teens with AD/HD hangout and talk about what's on their minds.

Old 01-01-16, 02:50 PM

Asatekin is on a distinguished road
Re: Hi everyone!

Hi my name is elif. I am 23 and from turkey. And my country one of the worst place to have add nobody will believe you when u took ur mom to three different doctors she never believe that u have a problem. Even the doctors dont have any idea except talking to u two min and given you med. next week i have 11 exams and i am sure jon snow knows more than me about my exams. I in deeply depression. Hopelessly i am looking people like me
Old 06-23-16, 07:09 AM

Random dude is on a distinguished road

Hi Courtney, I'm M. I'm 15 years old, studying in high school. I seem to have inattentiveness symptoms, but I'm not sure. People say I'm inattentive because I'm a teen. Up until 9th I had very few problems, my grades were inconsistent, but were never below a B+. You too had inattentiveness right? Could you tell me whether I'm ADD or just simply stupid and lazy?
Old 07-17-16, 04:02 AM

b74x(a3xx) is on a distinguished road

Eh just want to say hello and feel a bit good because i finally came to sign up .
So , im a 15 y/o male teen and i think i might have add/adhd I got a LOT to talk about and that is definitely going to be so much rambling . just because , idk aDD maybe ?
hmm appears like i have it :| just the fact that its utterly hard to stop typing in a unrelated thread and one the fact thay when i hyperfocus on a tv show .......

ok to end this (hyperfocus) i wanna say that im happy i found here . and i'd like to be able to shake some of the ADD outta my head .

Greetings from Echo papa (EP) ( i feel ashamed to type myself out :| ?)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-16, 08:14 PM

JohnFrusciante7 is on a distinguished road

Hello! I'm John and i'm from portugal. I was diagnosed when i was 12 years old. I've finally decided to join one of these forums. I've always been a little embarrassed to expose my personal opinions on the web. My self esteem is not that great and i always fear that i might look dumb a stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnFrusciante7 For This Useful Post:
pooka (09-26-16)
Old 10-17-16, 01:16 AM

asiAchiever is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone. I'm Paul, I'm from Virginia, USA. I was diagnosed a few weeks ago, at 15 years old.
I like to swim, and I play violin, mostly for fun, but I've taken it pretty seriously in the past.
So far, I love this community. Everyone seems super nice and welcoming, but at the same time it seems kinda dead. Wish that more people used this website more often, but despite the lack of constant activity, it's great.
Old 11-12-16, 06:56 PM

ADHDSquid is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone! I'm Syd, and I live in New Hampshire.

A bit about my ADHD
I've been dealing with ADHD as long as I can remember. I've never been able to get a proper diagnosis, as I'm petrified of job discrimination because of my ADHD, and as a result I can't get ahold of meds that would make it easier to function. I mean I can, but I refuse to buy them under the table from other kids in my town. Anyway, I remember having a lot of the inattention and distractibility problems when I was younger, and the hyperactivity is becoming more and more prevalent, but everything is worse these days, except for how poor I am at controlling my frustration and emotions - I'm still just as bad as ever.

Fun facts!
I love pop-punk, punk, hardcore, metal/deathcore, and post-hardcore. Concerts are the one environment where I fit in, because no one expects you to be "normal" and I firmly believe everyone should go to Warped tour. I also want to be an astrophysicist when I'm older, and I love my current job as an assistant coach with the one adult that's ok with my ADHD
Old 12-31-16, 01:46 AM

Adriana20899 is on a distinguished road

Hey i go by adriana and I'm 17. I think i suffer from adhd bit I'm not sure. While most of the symptoms say that I've inattentive adhd, this is something that tell otherwise.
Is it possible to concentrate more when its truly essential ?
For eg, if you have your exams in a few hours and you know that you have to do something to pass, will you be able to concentrate?
Pls help me out
Old 12-31-16, 02:24 AM

Adriana20899 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random dude View Post
Hi Courtney, I'm M. I'm 15 years old, studying in high school. I seem to have inattentiveness symptoms, but I'm not sure. People say I'm inattentive because I'm a teen. Up until 9th I had very few problems, my grades were inconsistent, but were never below a B+. You too had inattentiveness right? Could you tell me whether I'm ADD or just simply stupid and lazy?
I've the same problem. It started in 9th. I can't concentrate. Even if i have my book in hand 247 i may not even glance at it. Instead i might be in my dream world or in my phone doing random **** (even things i normally wouldn't do when I'm doing nothing) . Even when i try to concentrate i can't do it for more that 30 mins. On the contrary I'm mostly very focussed in class as opposed to when i study alone. I also tend to zone out a lot when someone's talking to me. I'm horrifically unorganised and careless. Sometimes when someone's telling me something is telling me something important, i find it very difficult to understand and comprehend it(i have to repeat those words several times to understand what it means). I'm also absentminded. If someone comes to me and says hey it would takee a few moments to recover and talk back
All my life I've thought i was stupid wierd and lazy but now I'm begining to think that i might be suffering from adhd
Ps:i took several online tests and the results showed positive
Pls help me out!!!