ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 05-15-19, 12:44 PM

italianstallion is on a distinguished road
Re: Dumbfounded; how can this be possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipitrees View Post
Well - for me, the vyvanse definitely has a MUCH shorter experience than the 12-14 hours its supposed to have.. I'd say 4-5 hours roughly. In terms of the adderall and ritalin, they literally felt like sugar pills; no effect whatsoever. It's strange I know, and I don't know what to do about it. Especially when I have experienced effects in the past from these drugs! Apparently, generics are notorious for being variably effective.. but this is next level I feel like. :/

As for the link... I posted it in this original post.. but the moderator took it down:/ as I am a newbie, I don't want to **** them off... am I not allowed to link to other forums? haha... seems kinda silly.. but type in google "Be very careful with low doses of stimulants reddit" and it should pop up as the first article.
I have the same issue with vyvanse, I'm lucky if I get 4-5 hours. I was off it for a long time but just started taking it again. For the first couple days I've been able to get the boost I seem to have needed by drinking a coffee around the 4 hour point or taking a low dose of adderall instant release and then I seemed good for the rest of the day. My mood was better, happier and did not feel so fatigued. My doctor recommended using instant releases as a booster.

So it basically seems that I cannot get the benefits I'm supposed to by just taking one thing, I need a combination that I'm still trying to figure out. If I take vyvanse, it builds a base but I need to boost it with an IR or something to really get the positive effects for the full day, otherwise I sputter out after the first 4 or 5 hours.
Old 05-16-19, 05:08 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,009 Times in 15,307 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateadultadhd View Post
If the psych knew about your previous opiate history, he probably wouldn't have prescribed stimulants due to the nature of addiction/reliance it can trigger.
A good doc will be knowledgeable about substance abuse, self medication and treating adhd. I am an alcoholic in recovery and have been on stimulants for 14 years. Treating someone with adhd with stimulants actually lessons the chances that they will look to self medicate with other things.
Quote:
Your body hasn't normalized from the previous use, the detox doesn't happen that quickly. Using stim and opiates worked fine because you have production of the neurotransmitters from both stim and opiate mechanisms. But yeah, I think you should come clean to the psych who can give you better insight cause he doesn't know all the variables here since the opiates have been omitted! Best of luck
I agree that the OP's body hasnt had enough time to bounce back. A week off heroin isn't much. I work with drug addicts and alcoholics and IME its about 3 months until they feel somewhat back to baseline after quitting heroin.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 05-16-19, 05:12 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,009 Times in 15,307 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Serendipitrees: Since vyvanse works for you but only for a few hours I suggest you try dexedrine or dexedrine spansules. Its the same amphetamine that is in vyvanse but it is broken down in the body differently and its mechanism of action is different. Its been around for about 70 years and tends to be the "smoother" amphetamine. I took the spansules for 7 years before switching to adderall xr. I tried the adderall xr/ir combo and just using ir as a booster and the ir did nothing for me other than make me clench my jaw and have panic attacks. I swear by the xr but I have to take it four times a day because it only lasts me about 4 hours.

I carried a watermelon?
Sponsored Links