ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > Children's Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Children's Diagnosis & Treatment This forums is for parents to discuss issues related to diagnosis and treament of children with AD/HD

Old 06-27-17, 02:49 AM

roy2017 is on a distinguished road
ADHD and Kids Medications

Dear All

I am from India and my son has ADHD. He is 7 years old now. The school has advised us to go for medications or else he has to go out. This is his second school. So I had just put him ADHD on medications after shrugging it off for 4 years. We tried a lot to help him out with alternate therapies. He is on Ritalin now with 5 mg dose. We had no other choice except put him on medications with normal schooling or home school without medicine. We were worried if we take him out of school then he will miss his child hood schooling which is so important!
Can any parent share there experience with medication. We are worried about the long term effects and also increasing dosage with age if required. His IQ is superior level and easily get bored in class. Cannot sit for more than hour in school and goes outside the class.

Any success stories in kids

Regards
Old 06-28-17, 06:03 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,461 Times in 14,483 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ADHD and Kids Medications

http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145739

This is the story about my son. He is 21 now and even better than when I wrote this. I figured it would be better for you to just read it rather then me try retyping it.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 06-29-17, 12:26 AM

roy2017 is on a distinguished road

Hello Sarah !

Thanks for sharing your personal experience. Its indeed inspiring! made me feel a lot better. Will keep you posted as my kid starts his course.

Cheers !
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-17, 10:41 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Caco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud of

My son started the medication last year at age 13. Once we found the correct medicine that worked best for him his grades improved drastically, and he didn't get send to the office very much. He's not perfectly well behaved, he is a kid after all, but the medicine helps control his impulses and increases his focus. I take him off of it on the weekends so he can eat more. That was the only down side I saw.
The Following User Says Thank You to Caco3girl For This Useful Post:
sarahsweets (07-14-17)
Old 07-19-17, 12:24 AM
Banned

ThinkBob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145739

This is the story about my son. He is 21 now and even better than when I wrote this. I figured it would be better for you to just read it rather then me try retyping it.
Will check this out