ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-04, 11:34 PM
ADDvanced Member

P_Stampy is on a distinguished road
P_Stampy - Australia

hey im 23 from australia.... was diagnosed with ADD when i was 16 years old.

Um..... was crap at english, but was ok with maths and comptuers and some science during school.. have had a number of dif types of jobs over the last 5 yrs also. I finished year 12 and at the end instead of my parents saying well done, it was more like "we're surprised you finished". mostnly had comptuer jobs (help desk/ sys admin) but also done data netry, envelope stuffing and have worked in a bank.

was a bit destructive when i was little (apparetnly nearly broke a kids neck when i was 5 in pre school)...

i hate it when i forget to take ritalin cos im just so dumb with out it. i cant think properly or talk properly

went a bit psycho at the end of last year and cut the top of my left arm up a bit but that has all healed now. im not sure what i was trying to achieve. i had a few drinks and just started crying uncontrolably and hitting my head and for soem reason cut my arms?!

i hate being stupid tho, i just do things that afterwards im like "wtf did i do that for". sometimes i think killin myself would just make things easier, but i wanna do things like get married and have a family. i dotn feel like that at the moment but somtimes i do. i got a great BF now too
Old 08-17-04, 11:45 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

jaimegerise has disabled reputation
Welcome!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-04, 12:11 AM
ADDvanced Member

thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-04, 11:20 PM

Tara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to all
Welcome to ADD Forums!!!
Old 08-23-04, 02:05 PM

biker is on a distinguished road
P stampy,
Hi my name is Jim and I am part of the ADD Forums Welcoming Committee. On Behalf of ADD Forums we would like to extend a warm welcome to our community.

If you have any questions or need any help at the forums please feel free send me a private message (pm).

Also when you get a chance Please be sure to read the http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75
(Forum Guidelines) .

In the event that I'm not available when you are at the forums, Please feel free to pm any of the following people. (Mary, Draga, Spirit, any of the Moderators (top of the Forums home page in green) or any of the Admins (names are bold at the top of Forums home page in red)) They will be more than happy to help you.

Sincerely,
Gymsocks
ADD Forums Welcoming Committee
Old 08-23-04, 02:43 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,073 Times in 579 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the ADD Forums, P_Stampy! Don't forget to visit the International section of the Forums

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 08-24-04, 06:36 PM
ADDvanced Member

already done.. who changed the title on me?
Old 08-27-04, 09:33 AM

Draga has disabled reputation
Welcome to the Forums

Please do not think me cold, for I do want loving arms to hold, but I am so sick of being used and abused...If I die alone tomorrow I die unbruised.
Old 08-27-04, 11:54 AM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,073 Times in 579 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Stampy
already done.. who changed the title on me?
That would have been done by one of the Forums staff, to be in compliance with the way posts are expected to be made in the intro section of the forums.

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 08-27-04, 11:06 PM

shadowfax has disabled reputation
Hello, I'm a brand new member, too (haven't even introduced myself yet). I read your e-mail and my heart went out to you. Please, please, don't give up...and please try to start FORGIVING yourself. Nobody ever wants to be born with ADD, and most of us don't like the way it makes us behave.
Also, why don't you try taking Concerta instead of Ritalin? You only have to take it once a day, in the am. It's also doesn't suppress the appetite as much. I take it with my breakfast, so it's easy for me to remember. I also put it and the other vitamins/meds I take out on the counter the night before, right by the microwave so I can't miss them!
I hope this helps; pls let me know!
Old 08-30-04, 10:45 PM
ADDvanced Member

im in australia, they dont have as many things here..theyve got ritalin, ritalin LA, dexies, and have only just got straatsomething..... price diferece? ritalin = $48 a box, ritalina LA $55 a box, dexies are something like $20 (never had them) and strat is $150 per box.
tried taking ritalin LA once but i always forgot to take it in the morning.. there fore i was stuffed for the rest of the day.gone back to normal ritalin which i can carry around with me and its heaps better.