ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Sleeping
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-10, 07:29 PM
Jr Member

AbuNoor is on a distinguished road
bed-wetting?

My daughter living with ADD was dry for years and then when my mother-in-law died last year she started wetting the bed again, and still wets the bed at least two or three times per week.

I don't really know what to do. All I have been doing so far is having her go to the bathroom before bed and having her strip her bed and hand me the wet stuff so that I can go wash it, while simultaneously not making a big deal about it (so as to not either give her attention for something "negative" or build on any anxiety she already may be exhibiting).

I have had her checked out for a physical cause, and her pediatrician cannot find one.
Old 05-25-10, 08:54 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Werl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to behold
Re: bed-wetting?

I suggest getting a bed alarm.

A teenage male from central Alberta, diagnosed with ADHD, borderline Aspergers, and a non verbal learning disorder.
Old 05-25-10, 09:31 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 8,467 Times in 2,827 Posts
RedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond repute

Kids go through bed wetting phases.

If you do a search, you will find many threads on this topic here.
The absurdity of working so hard to continue doing something you don't like can be overwhelming. And the longer it takes to feel different, the more it starts to seem like everything might actually be hopeless bull. ~ Hyperbole and a Half
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-17, 05:47 AM

pickandgrin is on a distinguished road

What is the solution for the bedding? as bedding is really expensive here in Australia and I cannot change it again and again!
Old 04-15-17, 05:21 PM

Thanked 21,793 Times in 7,941 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of kids bed wet. It will clear up on its own. What you are doing is the right thing
Old 04-19-17, 12:12 AM

Thanked 1,537 Times in 926 Posts
Laserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to behold

I'll admit I had a few problems with that while taking a variety of different types of sleep-inducing medications together. I've kept to just Temazepam and haven't had any problems. It was that mixed some non-controlled substance ones that caused the problem.

She was told that it was. There was just a moment of silence before
the woman proceeded bravely on. "Well, I'm wondering, then, how serious my
condition is. This prescription is marked `NO REFILLS'".