ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-20, 12:44 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 17,423 Times in 8,204 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Come on In If You're Online And Say Anything: Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
I had just about given up this time. Very surprised to click my link today
and have the forum open up again. Hello Forum!
Same here. I always fear the worst when we go down. It’s nice to have a pleasant surprise for a change.

Just received an unwelcome surprise on Tuesday. My aunt has been extremely healthy her entire life. She never smoked, never drank, ate very healthy and exercised. Just diagnosed on Tuesday with stage 4 liver cancer which has spread to her kidneys and intestines. Prognosis is not good.

Last edited by Greyhound1; 11-12-20 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: TypOcd
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (11-12-20), mctavish23 (11-14-20), namazu (11-12-20), stef (11-15-20), tudorose (11-13-20)
Old 11-12-20, 01:16 PM
ADDvanced Member

benito is on a distinguished road

I'm really sorry for you
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benito For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (11-14-20), Greyhound1 (11-12-20), stef (11-15-20)
Old 11-12-20, 04:05 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,894 Times in 12,951 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
Same here. I always fear the worst when we go down. It’s nice to have a pleasant surprise for a change.

Just received and unwelcome surprise on Tuesday. My aunt has been extremely healthy her entire life. She never smoked, never drank, ate very healthy and exercised. Just diagnosed on Tuesday with stage 4 liver cancer which has spread to her kidneys and intestines. Prognosis is not good.
That sucks. Sorry to hear that.

On the other hand, I don't have cancer. Have been coping (not very well)
with horrible episodes of diarrhea. Finally thought I'd found a link to the
diuretic I was put on following my bout with kidney failure.

Asked the PCP if I could switch back to the combination blood pressure /
diuretic I used to take and never had any problems back then. Took some
convincing and some blood tests but she agreed.

All fine for about a week and then the diarrhea was back. So for a week
I just took the blood pressure med and no diarrhea, but the swelling in\
my feet and lower legs was getting bad again.

PCP has not been especially helpful in figuring this out, but she did order
stool samples which show nothing wrong. Good news, no cancer. But I tried
the diuretic again and the diarrhea this morning was the worst it's been.

Warning, this is graphic. So I need the water pill but I can't deal with any
more ****ting the bed the minute I wake up. **insert crying emoji here**

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me

Last edited by Lunacie; 11-12-20 at 04:18 PM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (11-14-20), Greyhound1 (11-12-20), mctavish23 (11-14-20), namazu (11-12-20)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-20, 12:14 AM
Contributor

SashaBV has a spectacular aura aboutSashaBV has a spectacular aura about

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. So far, I've had a mother with Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer and an older sister with Stage 4 Glioblastoma Cancer. Neither survived for a year after diagnosis. Both were thought to be fairly healthy people. They are getting better at treatments for these cancers, however. Sorry about your diarrhea, Lunacie. I've had a couple of bouts with severe digestive conditions now. It made me really miserable and it took so long to find out what was wrong...seemed like it would never end. Both times I managed to recover eventually, but now I'm always expecting more digestive problems to pop up!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SashaBV For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (11-14-20), Greyhound1 (11-13-20), namazu (11-13-20)
Old 11-13-20, 12:25 AM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBV View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. So far, I've had a mother with Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer and an older sister with Stage 4 Glioblastoma Cancer. Neither survived for a year after diagnosis. Both were thought to be fairly healthy people. They are getting better at treatments for these cancers, however. Sorry about your diarrhea, Lunacie. I've had a couple of bouts with severe digestive conditions now. It made me really miserable and it took so long to find out what was wrong...seemed like it would never end. Both times I managed to recover eventually, but now I'm always expecting more digestive problems to pop up!
Sorry about my mom and sister. Same thing for me but my sister was 5 years
younger than me. This was after losing my grammy and my gramma-in-law
both to cancer. My daughter had very early cervical cancer but fortunately it
was caught early and treated. That was 21 years ago.

Can I ask what they finally decided was causing your digestive problems?
And what they did to treat it?

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (11-14-20), mctavish23 (11-14-20), namazu (11-13-20)
Old 11-13-20, 07:56 AM

Thanked 5,800 Times in 2,479 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All so that was like 21 days down? What's gonna happen to everyone when it actually goes down for good?
Emre22 (11-14-20), Greyhound1 (11-13-20), Lunacie (11-13-20), mctavish23 (11-14-20), namazu (11-13-20), TheDreamer (11-16-20), TurtleBrain (11-15-20)
Old 11-14-20, 02:48 PM

Thanked 10,576 Times in 3,322 Posts
mctavish23 has disabled reputation

Glad to see things are back up. Hope all is well.

Greyhound your aunt is in my thoughts and prayers.

Ya'll tc

Robert
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mctavish23 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (11-14-20), Lunacie (11-14-20), namazu (11-14-20), stef (11-15-20), tudorose (11-21-20)
Old 11-15-20, 08:25 AM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,782 Times in 880 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all

Specifically this forum thread and the one about “what’s bothering you“ is my go to place for just posting (Or venting) whatever is on my mind at the moment. I haven’t even looked at other sections of this forum for years it seems.
Emre22 (11-15-20), mctavish23 (11-22-20), namazu (11-15-20), stef (11-15-20)
Old 11-15-20, 05:28 PM

Thanked 28,049 Times in 13,507 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Hey!
I had really given up trying to check if the forums were back.
Good to see everyone
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (11-17-20), Lunacie (11-16-20), mctavish23 (11-22-20), namazu (11-16-20), TheDreamer (11-16-20)
Old 11-16-20, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
Hey!
I had really given up trying to check if the forums were back.
Good to see everyone
I hadn't totally given up, but I didn't really have any hope left.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Andi (11-18-20), mctavish23 (11-22-20), namazu (11-16-20)
Old 11-16-20, 03:46 PM
Minecraft Mod-rater

TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all

The awkward moment when you offload an app to make more room on your phone but accidentally download it again...
mctavish23 (11-22-20), namazu (11-16-20)
Old 11-16-20, 05:13 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

News about vaccines are really helpful , there is light at the end of tunnel at least.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (11-17-20), mctavish23 (11-22-20), namazu (11-16-20)
Old 11-17-20, 04:12 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

I am studying my banking and finance exam, i took as elective course. I really like banking and finance profession , first of all these lesson taught me practical knowledge , i bought a government coupon bond during summer and i really had hard time to analyze profit etc. now i am able to calculate more complicated ones . I always felt like education is useless i have never practiced in my daily, it isnt case in this lesson. I hope i can take another banking and finance lesson next semester, because it is my last semester to take. we can't take any course that we wish , mostly lessons requires precondition lesson. I have taken introduction to economy for engineers before thats the reason i can take this course this semester
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (11-17-20), mctavish23 (11-22-20), namazu (11-17-20), stef (11-18-20)
Old 11-17-20, 11:18 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 17,423 Times in 8,204 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Me and my OCD have pandemic fatigue! Haven’t been to a restaurant, barber, traveled and so much more in 9 mos. So sick of wearing a mask 10hrs a day at work, all day, everyday.

I gotta keep reminding myself at least, I don’t have COVID. OCD will keep motivating me to be hyper-vigilant regardless of how tired I am of living this way. It still really sucks though.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Andi (11-18-20), Lunacie (11-18-20), mctavish23 (11-22-20), midnightstar (11-18-20), namazu (11-18-20), stef (11-18-20), tudorose (11-18-20), TygerSan (11-18-20)
Old 11-20-20, 09:20 AM
Minecraft Mod-rater

I wouldn't call myself a morning person, I just wake up too early in the morning and have trouble getting back to sleep, but then I suddenly feel sleepy later in the morning. Also, for some strange reason, I have trouble falling a sleep in bed, but I seem to have no problem dosing off while sitting somewhere else when I actually have to be focused on something...

My brain be trolling me... you're in bed, haaa! keep you awake! ... you're trying to focus while in front of other people, imma put you to sleep! haaa!
Andi (11-23-20), Lunacie (11-20-20), mctavish23 (11-22-20), namazu (11-26-20)