ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 07-17-18, 06:00 PM

Chadjt3 is on a distinguished road
Re: How long did it take to figure out your perfect dosage of Adderall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unverified View Post
I'm on the IR version. Both the 15 and 20 give me two different outcomes, both in which are not usually my normal character. 15 I initially felt a mood improvement, along with mellowing out but also being very bland. Shortly after, the mellow and flat feeling wears off but my anxiety also returns. 20, I get the mood boost and become very talkative..as it wears down it turns into the mellow flat mood.

With both, I still have an improved thought process but 20 could simply be euphoria and the anxiety relief with 15 is short lived.
I would consider having her look at your underlying anxiety. Have you always had anxiety? If so it can just be intensifying it.

My only other medication is gabapentin which is for anxiety. I take it as needed, such as if I'm going out into a crowd or I'm just unusually on edge.

Gabapentin is a good option because it is not addictive in nature, and does a good job for the "bodily anxious" type of person.

Just be careful in what you take man. Adderall is a life saver for us, but some doctors hand people crap, and the wrong crap at that.
Old 07-18-18, 05:57 PM

esmala02 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
Same dose for over twenty years. It works the same every day.

As long as it is Sandoz brand.

Hmm interesting you find a particular generic good.

And to answer the main question, for me at least (i have many used different medications) i often find the dose that helps quite fast, but usually i get annoying side effects... so i basically try to balance between benefits and problems, which takes time.
The Following User Says Thank You to esmala02 For This Useful Post:
Chadjt3 (07-18-18)
Old 07-19-18, 12:27 PM

Chadjt3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmala02 View Post
Hmm interesting you find a particular generic good.

And to answer the main question, for me at least (i have many used different medications) i often find the dose that helps quite fast, but usually i get annoying side effects... so i basically try to balance between benefits and problems, which takes time.
Have you used different adhd meds? If so what has been the best for you and why?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-18, 06:20 PM

unverified is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadjt3 View Post
I would consider having her look at your underlying anxiety. Have you always had anxiety? If so it can just be intensifying it.

My only other medication is gabapentin which is for anxiety. I take it as needed, such as if I'm going out into a crowd or I'm just unusually on edge.

Gabapentin is a good option because it is not addictive in nature, and does a good job for the "bodily anxious" type of person.

Just be careful in what you take man. Adderall is a life saver for us, but some doctors hand people crap, and the wrong crap at that.
I've always suffered from anxiety, anything small from setting ana alarm, having an appointment, to friendly competition made me nervous.

I did try gabapentin, but I had to take a really large amount to find relief, which seems dangerous since it's meant for nerve pain.

I'm pretty careful with the meds, I don't crave for the Adderall nor does it do anything extremely crazy for me. It's a step in the right direction, but my anxiety is still very much an issue.
It helps me cut down on caffeine, more cognitive thoughts and curiosity, no pit in my stomach feeling from anxiety BUT I'm still avoiding things that make nervous for no reason.