ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-18, 04:09 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 29,511 Times in 13,600 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Come on In If You're Online And Say Anything: Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
I'm back online-ish. In a residential program for a week or two but out of IP!
Peri. You are back. How are you? It's so good to see you.

Also, happy birthday again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (06-17-18)
Old 06-17-18, 04:57 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,860 Times in 13,047 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

So it was our summer concert today, with all of the setting up, tuning, waiting around, buffet afterwards - I was out from 2:20 until 8:20
I'm drained
it really was a lovely day, though.
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (06-17-18)
Old 06-17-18, 05:33 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,860 Times in 13,047 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

wait, no - 2:20 until 10:20
8 hours of people
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (06-17-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-18, 04:09 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,299 Times in 7,112 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Been working on a lot.
Lots of positives in my life.
Some negatives.

Making friends and getting out to do community events.
Taking group/therapy serious
Giving CBT an honest effort
Working towards meaningful employment
Asking for help from others

...Not cleaning laundry like I should
Continual struggle with apartment
Being addicted to my computer
Not getting a whole lot done
Horrible sleeping issues again
Being selfish and focusing on myself lately

I'm making a ton of progress though. I can feel an adult in me emerging...and I've felt him before over the years, but it's like he's right there. And damn I like him! He's strong and charming. Intelligent and humble. A leader. Empathetic. Strong. Brave...
I'm a good guy. I'm strong enough to handle more in life. He can be pushed.

Yet I'm just waiting. Waiting for the fall. Like...I can't possibly keep making strides in life. Right? I always trip myself up at some point and crash. It's gotta happen here shortly again. No?

We'll see.

I do know that I've got more support here in the 3d real world than I've had in a great while.
I just need to remain focused.
First thing I really need to focus on for now...as in this next week or 2...is getting my sleep back in control.

I can change guys. I can step out of that pattern I'm in of always falling down...never letting myself really be successful in life.
I'm done some horrible things in my past...and that stuff drags me down hard...but dang it. I was a kid when I went through that stuff. Not that it makes it alright...just that I was so young and confused and out of control.
Holy heck how I've grown since then. I'm a completely different person now. And I love a lot of the parts I've become...a lot of the parts I can be.

I think over these next months I'll be moving ever closer to letting myself love myself again. Letting myself move on from my past. Not to forget it, but to accept that it was done, but that I deserve self forgiveness and that it's okay for me to love the person I am now.

Sorry for the sappy/odd post.
I think I'm just about ready to move on.

And yet...I'm scared I could crash and crumble at any moment.
It's what I've always done.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (06-19-18), midnightstar (06-19-18)
Old 06-19-18, 09:04 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,230 Times in 14,331 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
finallyfound10 (06-23-18), Fraser_0762 (06-19-18), psychopathetic (06-19-18)
Old 06-19-18, 04:56 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 21,943 Times in 12,953 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

*donates hugs and choc chip cookies to ADDF*
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (06-19-18), Lunacie (06-19-18)
Old 06-19-18, 06:40 PM

Thanked 33,412 Times in 15,094 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

i leave residential treatment tomorrow morning to start IOP and then i get to go home and play with my girl all afternoon and, finally FINALLY!!! sleep in my own bed. i'll be discharged from here tomorrow and then hop on muni to IOP.

i'm pretty excited but also nervous. i'm afraid i won't have a proper affect, i'm afraid that i will have too much stress and the voices and intrusive thoughts will return. i'm afraid i'll have command hallucinations again and end up in hospital again.

deep breaths... i need to practice my 321's and just be ready to be flexible. which is often not so hard for me, but right now, i feel so fragile in a way...shattered and *just* barely patched up...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (06-19-18), stef (06-20-18)
Old 06-19-18, 06:51 PM

Thanked 25,401 Times in 11,803 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
i leave residential treatment tomorrow morning to start IOP and then i get to go home and play with my girl all afternoon and, finally FINALLY!!! sleep in my own bed. i'll be discharged from here tomorrow and then hop on muni to IOP.

i'm pretty excited but also nervous. i'm afraid i won't have a proper affect, i'm afraid that i will have too much stress and the voices and intrusive thoughts will return. i'm afraid i'll have command hallucinations again and end up in hospital again.

deep breaths... i need to practice my 321's and just be ready to be flexible. which is often not so hard for me, but right now, i feel so fragile in a way...shattered and *just* barely patched up...
Hoping that IOP leaves you feeling stronger and more flexible ...
like the tree that bends in the wind instead of snapping in two.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (06-19-18)
Old 06-19-18, 07:18 PM

Thanked 33,412 Times in 15,094 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
Hoping that IOP leaves you feeling stronger and more flexible ...
like the tree that bends in the wind instead of snapping in two.
thank you, luna xx
Old 06-23-18, 03:51 PM

Thanked 25,401 Times in 11,803 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

TV sizes have gotten ridiculous.

My daughter's boyfriend just bought her and her daughter a new one.
She wanted to watch movies at home instead of going to a theater.

This thing is bigger than a twin bed!

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (06-23-18)
Old 06-23-18, 09:27 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,299 Times in 7,112 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
TV sizes have gotten ridiculous.

My daughter's boyfriend just bought her and her daughter a new one.
She wanted to watch movies at home instead of going to a theater.

This thing is bigger than a twin bed!
I know! And they're so cheap now!! It's crazy and wonderful at the same time!! lol

(((((((MOM)))))))
I'll always fondly remember.