ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-09, 11:56 AM

TwistyOne is on a distinguished road
Does looking at a PC/TV screen drain focus?

I'm wondering, because spending lots of time looking on the screen makes me a bit... well... unfocused.

Disregarding what exactly you would be reading/watching/browsing, do you find this to be true?

Seems like it strains the eye more than other things, and thus drains more focus than for example, reading a book. I think that tiredness in any part of the body, especially the eyes, can drain focus in tasks that require their use.

Are there any interesting readings around (preferably on the web) about what 'focus' actually is and how it works? I bet that would be highly helpful in managing my brain energy and all that.
Old 10-25-09, 05:18 PM
ADDvanced Member

madelefant is on a distinguished road
Re: Does looking at a PC/TV screen drain focus?

Visual media is much different and consuming than written word. For me it is one of the things that make me look at my own issues as one of sensory integration. I am very visually distracted or even over stimulated. My best thinking is while not focused on any objects and really with my eyes closed.
There is no thing endowed with life—from man, who is enslaving the elements, to the nimblest creature—in all this world that does not sway in its turn. Whenever action is born from force, though it be infinitesimal, the cosmic balance is upset and the universal motion results. ---Nikolai Tesla