ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-09, 12:50 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 11,306 Times in 5,519 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute
can anyone relate

i think i may have reached my correct dose of meds

i have recently realized several symptoms of mine that i never was able to see

i caught myself setting a plate of food down because i was full (thats the farthest into my impulsiveness i will go for now, but other seemed affected as well)

i felt real emotions ( i always faked my way through a laugh or sympathy and all other emotions) and it was a great feeling and i never knew that s what they felt like (not sure what symptom that is or what that means)

till now i have just been going with the flow, great the meds made my legs still or listen a little better but this is way different, i wasnt looking for this because ive been on meds for while and just thought that was is good as it gets

until now none of those things were symptoms to me because im approaching 30 and there is no "the old me " to compare myself to, and now i want to approach this with my pdoc alot more aggressively instead of my ten minute monthly med adjustment visit

just wondering if anyone relates?
The Following User Says Thank You to daveddd For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (12-04-09)
Old 12-04-09, 02:39 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

kwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to all
Re: can anyone relate

I understand how you feel. lots of things start to *click* a lot once you've kind of advanced and learned a bunch of things. It's an awesome feeling to understand a joke you never understood before or enjoy activities you never used to enjoy. Life seems a little more complete or meaningful.
“Sometimes you've got to let everything go - purge yourself. If you are unhappy with anything . . . whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you'll find that when you're free, your true creativity, your true self comes out.”
The Following User Says Thank You to kwalk For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (12-04-09)