ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-19, 10:21 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 15,545 Times in 7,487 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Come on In If You're Online And Say Anything: Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
You think meteorologists are dealing with facts? They are competing with
Mother Nature. They can have an off day as well.
They are dealing mainly with probabilities. Itís certainly reasonable for them to get it wrong occasionally. It just seems they arenít any better at predicting the weather than they were decades ago. All the TV news stations brag about having all the latest and greatest scientific equipment such as 3D Doppler radars and such and all claim to be the most accurate.

I just havenít seen much improvement over the years and get tired of them always hyping the weather and themselves especially, when they get it wrong.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (01-02-19), mctavish23 (01-03-19)
Old 01-03-19, 12:56 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,215 Times in 12,238 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post

I just did some more shopping at walmart (a major retail store over here on this tiny plot of land called the USA across the itsy bitsy pond called the ocean)...they had the rest of their christmas stuff at 75% off...it was SUPER picked over, but I was able to pick up a few cute things...especially some super cute miniature ornaments in the shape of little teddy bears dressed in Santa outfits and some other really cute ones that look like mini shovels...I also got these big signs that are in the shape of wooden sleds.
I picked up a few more things for my Christmas Village, some cute Christmas themed porcelain plates (including one with Santa on it that says "Santa's Cookies lol), a big wooden sign with an image of Santa standing next to a snowman and they're both covered in sparkly glitter...and the sign lights up...
And a SUPER cute, really big porcelain cookie jar that looks like a big gingerbread house haha .

Originally I was only planning on having my living room decorated.
Now I've ran out of room to put things in my living room lol!
So now I'm starting to decorate my kitchen!!

I'm lucky I get to live alone. I'm lucky I have the support and encouragement of someone.
I'm not only NOT taking down my Christmas Tree or decorations...but I'm adding to it all and expanding past my living room! lol
I love the thought of a cookie jar that looks like a gingerbread house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
They are dealing mainly with probabilities. Itís certainly reasonable for them to get it wrong occasionally. It just seems they arenít any better at predicting the weather than they were decades ago. All the TV news stations brag about having all the latest and greatest scientific equipment such as 3D Doppler radars and such and all claim to be the most accurate.

I just havenít seen much improvement over the years and get tired of them always hyping the weather and themselves especially, when they get it wrong.
Maybe in your corner of the world there hasn't been much improvement, but
I can see some really big improvement in weather forecasting here in Tornado
Alley.

When I was a kid, the tornado sirens only sounded when someone in the area
saw one touch down with their own eyes. Now the doppler radar can see the
difference in wind flow and pick up a hook echo, and can tell when the tornado
touches down by the debris ball (usually dirt, sometimes buildings).

Warning time has gone from less than 5 minutes to more than 15 minutes on
most storms. That's a big improvement. And a year or two ago there was kind
of competition among the local forecasters on their success rate, and it was
higher than 50% for sure.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (01-03-19)
Old 01-07-19, 09:36 PM
Jr Member

BlimeyMooshroom is on a distinguished road

I swear, I'm TurtleBrain Though... I locked myself out of my account thinking never to come back, but then here i am again..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlimeyMooshroom For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (01-07-19), Lunacie (01-08-19), midnightstar (01-08-19), psychopathetic (01-07-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-19, 10:40 PM

Thanked 21,611 Times in 11,594 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlimeyMooshroom View Post
I swear, I'm TurtleBrain Though... I locked myself out of my account thinking never to come back, but then here i am again..
Welcome Back Turts!

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (01-09-19), psychopathetic (01-07-19)
Old 01-07-19, 11:16 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,573 Times in 7,747 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

(((((((Turtle))))))

Hey there stranger! lol

Still enjoying minecraft?

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 01-07-19, 11:31 PM

Thanked 11,099 Times in 5,953 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

What does it mean if a person says another person is sensitive?are they calling this person gay or a wimp in a nice way? What does sensitive even mean ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (01-08-19), tudorose (01-10-19)
Old 01-08-19, 05:48 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,023 Times in 13,602 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
What does it mean if a person says another person is sensitive?are they calling this person gay or a wimp in a nice way? What does sensitive even mean ?
Depends on the person saying it. Some say it to be nasty (like "you're too sensitive, grow a thicker skin" kinda thing and for others, sensitive means kind and gentle.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (01-09-19)
Old 01-08-19, 05:48 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,023 Times in 13,602 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Squees - I had Willow snuggling up on top of me in bed early this morning <3
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-08-19), mctavish23 (01-09-19), stef (01-08-19)
Old 01-08-19, 11:10 AM

Thanked 27,178 Times in 13,194 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
Depends on the person saying it. Some say it to be nasty (like "you're too sensitive, grow a thicker skin" kinda thing and for others, sensitive means kind and gentle.
also it can mean that they think you're "touchy" and take everything personally. that can be said kindly ,or not...
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (01-09-19)
Old 01-08-19, 12:42 PM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know why, but I'm thinking about the judge I had 10 or so years ago when I was looking at some possible prison time for a fight I got into with my sister's abusive boyfriend.

And how lucky I was. How kind and sincere the judge ended up being.
Goodness knows how many cases that judge had over his lifetime...and he didn't know a thing about me. He could've easily treated me like yet another criminal, and glossed over my case.
But no...from the first moment he treated me with respect and openness. I never felt like he thought I was just another number. He really wanted to hear me and my lawyer out...and he was just such a genuinely honest person. I was TERRIFIED of him at the time...I can't put into words how overwhelming my anxiety was that this man had so much power over me...he could decided to have me locked away in a prison for years...
But dang...he was just so awesome. I swear he was on my side the whole time.

lol he asked me to rise my right hand so I could take an oath to tell the truth and such.
So I raised my hand...
He then (kinda sternly) told me to raise my 'other' right hand haha... xP
The people in the court room all chuckled at that...and I leaned over to the microphone and with a really shaky voice told the judge that I was VERY nervous. He chuckled in a very loving sort of way and told me that he could see that lol.
I don't know why...but the way he chuckled and what he said, calmed me down a lot. It's the way he said it...it wasn't in a condescending or judgmental sort of way...it was in a compassionate sort of way...almost like he felt a bit bad for me for being so scared sitting there.

And then we got to restitution...my sister's boyfriend had to go to the hospital and had a huge medical bill from it all resulting in the fight we got into.
...it was awesome. Even his lawyer seemed to be on my side here! He told the judge that he'd been trying to contact his client (the abusive boyfriend) for over a week at the jail (shocker...he was there for abusing my sister...) to talk about the case and to figure out what he wanted...but that he refused to see or call the lawyer so he (the lawyer) wasn't going to press for restitution from me.
The judge wanted nothing to do with making me pay a penny back. <3

My sister's abusive boyfriend's lawyer gave me an offer...I could plea guilty and take a felony and a year of probation...but I wouldn't have to go back to jail.
I hated the idea of having a felony on my record. It'd haunt me for the rest of my life...but dang, I was so scared of going back to jail!
So I was going to take the offer. My lawyer informed the judge of it in court...and the judge looked me right into the eyes, an in a very sincere, very sympathetic way...asked if I was completely sure that I wanted to take this plea bargain. My lawyer informed the judge that I was really scared of facing anymore jail time...
The judge then asked me if I'd like him to take a short 15 minute break, so I could go talk to my lawyer to really make sure I wanted to do this.
haha...I mean...I swear the judge was pretty much telling me directly...DON'T DO THIS DUDE!!!
So I did. I went and talked to my lawyer...and I decided to turn down the offer.
Thank God!

In the end the judge gave me time served (I'd spent 3 weeks in jail from this event), I had to wear an ankle monitor (house arrest) for 1 year, and he gave me 1 year of probation...and if I broke probation, I'd have to do 1 year of prison.
No restitution owed.
And the really important thing is...it was going to be a misdemeanor.

Then I started probation...and pretty much instantly I loved my probation officer haha. She was really freaking nice, though she was also very stern and one of those ladies that no question could make your life very difficult if you got on her bad side.
She became a friend rather than a probation officer lol. I loved going in and seeing her. I was always giving her a real hard time about her age, and we pretty much just joked around and chatted in our sessions.
Probation was suppose to be a punishment...but really it ended up being almost a reward lmao. I really did like seeing her!
Plus it was unsupervised and the judge didn't give me any special requirements I needed to do (like community service or anything)...

I love that judge. He was such an awesome guy. A real upstanding, honest, empathetic man. I feel SO lucky that I had him as my judge.
From day one he always seemed like he was on my side.

I wake up thinking about him.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-08-19), mctavish23 (01-09-19), midnightstar (01-08-19), Rebelyell (01-12-19)
Old 01-09-19, 12:12 PM

i went to my support/wellness group I go to twice a week...they're 2 hours long and some of the members smoke, so we take a 10 minute break mid group.
My therapist, one of the people who runs the group stepped out during the break.
When everyone came back from the break, my therapist had a big yellow manilla envelope and announced to the group that it had been left at the front desk for her, from an anonymous person with the instructions to hand out the cards inside to all the people in group.

Inside the manilla envelope there was a bunch of smaller red envelopes..each with the members of the group's name on one.
So they were handed out, and we all started to open them up. One of the ladies pulled out a cute card with a black and white kitten with a funny black top hat on his head..and it said "Happy New Year!". She then opened up the card...and a $50 bill fell out and landed on the table in front of her.

The rest of us soon caught up to her...and sure enough...inside every single card was a $50 bill.
Nothing was written...no signatures or anything...inside the cards. There's no way to know who did this!

A couple of the members were moved to tears, one of the members was over joyed because before this they were struggling to come up with the last bit of money they needed to come up for rent this month...
I was just stunned! I think I must've went into shock because my brain literally just froze and sat there for a couple of minutes just blank.

i just don't even have words. I mean...wow! That's a lot of money, and every single person in this group struggles financially.
Omg...

I've had so many blessings over the last year. It's amazing.
I don't mean to bring up religion, and I understand if this needs to be taken out of this post...but sometimes I can't help but wonder if a higher power out there isn't just helping me out. Lately I've been wondering if maybe my mom isn't still around helping me through. Man I miss her

(((Hugs)))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-09-19), mctavish23 (01-09-19), midnightstar (01-09-19), MusicChild131 (01-09-19), Rebelyell (01-12-19), stef (01-11-19)
Old 01-09-19, 09:52 PM

Thanked 10,206 Times in 3,210 Posts
mctavish23 has disabled reputation

Rebel,

Remember, in the words of the late/great Ricky Nelson :

"Ya can't please everybody, so ya got to please yourself."

Yeah, and also remember to smile a lot at remarks like this

U R Welcome
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mctavish23 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-10-19), psychopathetic (01-10-19), Rebelyell (01-10-19), stef (01-11-19)
Old 01-12-19, 06:03 PM

Thanked 26,215 Times in 12,238 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Got a new script for my eyeglasses a few days ago.
Didn't see any frames I really liked online at Zenni.
So decided to go to an eyeglass shop today to try some frames on.

Walked in and handed my script to the technician and she said "Oh my god."
Yeah, it's that strong.

My daughter's first thought was we should call the corporate office to say they
need to train their techs to not offend customers.

My first thought was "This gal seems to know her stuff cause she realized it's
a very strong, very difficult prescription.

Definitely wanted metal frames again, but didn't think I wanted half frames,
even though they are so popular right now. But after trying on several pair I
liked those the best. Getting the anti-glare coating to slow down the cataracts
and the deterioration of my eyes.

And next week I can go pick up my $250 eye glasses.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (01-12-19)
Old 01-12-19, 08:40 PM

I really like glasses...not sure why, but I always thought they were cool. As a kid I was always begging my parents to get me sunglasses...and I'd totally rock them around the house, even at night lol.
It wasn't till i was 12 or 13 that I actually needed prescription glasses. Though I didn't tell anyone...I was super excited by it haha.

Glad you found some frames you're happy with!!

(((((((Lun-Luns)))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-13-19)
Old 01-12-19, 11:02 PM

Thanked 11,099 Times in 5,953 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I was watching bar rescue and even tho I don't even have close to the business sense the more I think bout it the more I can relate to Jon tapper the host.when things get to a point where I'm like I can't stand this moronic B's I get real loud and tell it like it is real quick.kerping it real 24/7 365 days a year for those phonies who forget or won't keep it real ;-)