ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Strattera
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Strattera (Atomoxetine HCI)

Old 10-29-18, 06:57 PM
Jr Member

Hodgo77 is on a distinguished road
Re: Strattera with Insomnia

Hi Sarah,
the doc says stay with 40mg if it was working (after titrating up from 10mg over a period of 4 weeks), which it was, then it started not working. the doc recomended upping the dose if I felt like I had to. Which I did to 50mg. Which I did not like and felt worse than 40mg.

Anyways I'm starting low again, like I said I'm going to do 4 weeks of 20mg. Maybe I'll get used to that then up to 30. But ATM even 20mg if making me feel like I stated above.
Old 11-05-18, 07:15 PM
Jr Member

Ok so now on day 17 on 20mg, still can't get more than 5 hours sleep unless I take a Diazepam, even then I still wake up around 3 and kind of day dream until I have to get up for work. I am sooooo tired.

Motiviation/focus/energy is still a problem.

Anxiety has been greatly reduced, which I think is why I'm still taking it.

Not sure if it's worth going any further with this med though, the side effects are doing my head in.
Old 11-06-18, 09:09 PM
Jr Member

So I never took anything yesterday or this morning.

Slept way better last night. Today I feel motiviated, happy, looking forward to the future and have already started planning in my mind etc. Although I can feel my ADD brain is hyping up, thoughts are going a little too fast so focusing is a little bit of a problem for me this morning.

It's funny how after coming off a med you realise just how different you were on it. But I had to come off it to see it.

So to sum up, for me Strattera just has too many negative side effects. Even on 20mg I had no motivation, felt very disconnected from the world and was generally sad and moody. My sleep was a shambles. I just had no drive to do anything for me or for anyone else. My future was not in my thoughts, it was all just too hard.

On a positive note Strattera calmed my mind, my thoughts were slower and so gave me time to think. My focus was better, I forgot less. I could converse better (if I could be bothered). But the negative effects were just too much.

The highlight for me re Strattera is how much it helped with my anxiety, it calmed my mind so much that I had time to "intercept" those negative thoughts before the emotion kicked in. I was able to speak and present for more than 1 hour in front of a room with 30 people, several times. the room included a VP and Exec, plus other big wigs from the company I work with.

Anyway I think I'm going to try neurofeedback. I've tried meditation and mindfullnes which are both very helpful, Neurofeedback just seems like these but with a feedback loop.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-18, 08:18 PM
Jr Member

Same feelings today as yesterday folks.

Funny how fast it's gone from my system.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hodgo77 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (11-07-18)