ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Strattera
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Strattera (Atomoxetine HCI)

Old 04-17-08, 10:23 PM
ADDvanced Member

canukie is a jewel in the roughcanukie is a jewel in the roughcanukie is a jewel in the rough
Question Tolerance with Strattera?

Just wondering if people have experienced tolerance...by that I mean, have had Strattera stop working after a while. Any comments?
Old 04-17-08, 11:00 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,559 Times in 770 Posts
Grafter has a brilliant futureGrafter has a brilliant futureGrafter has a brilliant futureGrafter has a brilliant futureGrafter has a brilliant futureGrafter has a brilliant futureGrafter has a brilliant futureGrafter has a brilliant futureGrafter has a brilliant futureGrafter has a brilliant futureGrafter has a brilliant future
Re: Tolerance with Strattera?

I've been taking it almost four years now. Current Rx is 60mgX2/day.

My wife has noticed me becoming much more agitated, angry, quick-tempered, and impatient. As of the past few weeks I have become unbearably forgetful, absent-minded, and inattentive.

I've set up two appointments for the following week to see hwat's going on with me. My counselor, and a new psych. I'm not sure whether this is a behavioral issue or a chemical one. However, my intuition is telling me it's the meds wearing off.

A couple of years ago my Doc bumped me up to 120 from 60 because the 60 wasn't having much effect on my focus. That worked for awhile. Then I started getting to the point where I couldn't slow my mind down at night and he added Trazadone as a sleep aid.

Hmm, to answer your question, yes, I believe that the Strat is no longer working. But I'm not sure that a tolerance can be built up to it. I'll be asking in my appt's.

FWIW, Strattera has been extremely helpful for me over the past few years and worked very well in my case. For awhile I thought I got lucky and was able to keep everything in relatively good. I'm a bit disappointed that it may not be working anymore. But it's been a pretty good four years anyway.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grafter For This Useful Post:
Alphawave (11-08-18), canukie (04-18-08)
Old 04-18-08, 08:33 PM
ADDvanced Member

canukie is a jewel in the roughcanukie is a jewel in the roughcanukie is a jewel in the rough

Thank you Grafter. I hope you get things straightened out!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-18, 05:44 AM

PI-ADHD 29 is on a distinguished road

I'm 64 kg and taking 80 mg. I've started to feel the effect of drug is decreasing. Still I can focus well but not as good as before. Should i give time off and then restart? Or should i increase the dose?
Started with ritalin 10 mg (worked only for two weeks)
Now; strattera 80 mg+54 mg concerta +20 mg ritalin (doesn't work because of tolerance)
For about two years local corticosteroid pomades for atopic dermatitis.