ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-14, 06:19 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,792 Times in 8,903 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation
Re: What Made You Smile Today?

Synchronicity makes me smile.......often......and I'm in a story-telling mood. Get comfy and buckle up. I'm not responsible for those who trip over my flow.

A Day of Detachment

Sorting through my late mother-in-law's belongings as of late has prompted me to seriously start detaching from all this materialistic stuff I have cluttering up our house, and ultimately, my brain.

I decided to start trying to sell off some stuff, took pics, posted and priced, offered to accept offers and/or barters, but there were no takers w/in 3 days via fb or craigslist.

My patience wears thin in waiting for responses and having to mess with the processes, so I packed it all in the car to donate at the local thrift shop in my travels today. This also totally validated that I now have absolutely no desire to attempt online sales/shipping/etc. of my crafty work.

I promised myself that items I wish to rid of by attempting to sell it isn't gone w/in a week, it gets donated. A week was too long. If I hadn't done that in the very moment I thought of it, it would still be sitting around a year from now. I need to clear some serious space to enact some big changes and I feel this is going to be very effective for me. It definitely feels good.

The things I used to view as sentimental still mean a lot to me, but I no longer feel I need to have it in my sight to put hands on it. They all have my heart print. Especially the stuff still in the boxes that haven't had eyes laid on them for years.

The love value of it all can move forward to comfort or entertain someone else now. It's more than served it's purpose in my life. I'm now aiming for functional vs. "foofy". I just had a vision of the amount of dust that will be outta here, too!!!!! Hot damn!

Sitting here waiting/hoping for monetary rewards from it is clogging up my productivity and ability to move past thinking of all the valuable/functional space I'm wasting with it, so, POOF!. The shop I usually donate to uses 100% of the money they make to support the local homeless shelter, so it feels like a win, win.

Meanwhile, I stopped to browse the homegrown goodies at the opening day of the local farmer's market and someone yelled my name from across the way. It was a very dear former co-worker that I'd totally lost touch with over the past year or so.

She and her friend ended up wanting all the stuff I was going to donate. One of the items I had crafted, and another I had purchased on a trip with our former supervisor, so she got some powerful sentimental love charges from it, too. Everything found it's new purpose rather nicely today, all because I was willing to let go. Other stuff got released in the process to clear some much needed head space, too.

Hmmm.......I might just make market day my new goal for clearing clutter each week. See how much magic can come of it and how many paths I cross. Yeah!!

Letting go of stuff, while getting my love cup filled with laughter and hugs from a dear old friend, a few new acquaintances, and a bunch of market peeps made today a damn good day. Love vibrations, raised like a mofo.

The coolness factor even extended beyond that. I was also donating a bbq grill accessory kit to the local peeps who manage the market and do a spectacular community garden, volunteer cook-outs, etc. with the local children's organizations, and anyone interested. They're all about each one, reach one, teach one.

The bbq tool kit was my "corporate gift" of ten years in state employment and was still in the box, unwrapped and apparently pretty under appreciated by me. It wasn't a sincere gift of thanks from the state, from my viewpoint. More like a cookie cutter catalog consolation prize for hanging in there. Hahahahaha!! The path of how things get to where they are going is so much more significant in my life now than it's ever been.

But anyway, the notion that sparked my desire to give this specific group the bbq set is:

The gentleman that heads it up is a former co-worker from that same place of employment, along with several other market peeps who were former co-workers turned farmers that I always knew were "my peeps".

We were all pretty much viewed as "crazy, weird, conspiracy theorists, hippies, unprofessional, unruly, etc." by many in the formal, politically charged workplace. Imagine that. But we all got s*** done, had fun, and were dearly loved by our students.......and that's why we were there and loved what we did - minus - the BS.

We all started resigning and filtering out within a several year span and have eventually ended up back together in more wholesome and healing environments, still doing what ignites our passions, looking out for each other the best we can, spreading out into more creative and positive uncharted territories, and doing some really powerful, nurturing stuff in the community. Yeah!!!! F*** the sytem.

So anyway..........as I was pulling in to park at the market, I look up and see one of the state vans I used to drive rather often, from our former place of employment, pulling out and leaving the market. Yep. Let it go. Let it all go. I'm still convinced, even through my crappiest days of worry and fear that creeps in, that it's all still happening just as it should be.

I love it when moments like that make my days so full of magic, and validates what I feel and know is right for me, that I don't have time to think of the things that anger, hurt, or disappoint me. The road that's led me here has been, and still is, quite eventful, painful, taxing, instructional, exhausting, adventurous, exhilarating, heart breaking, heart illuminating, and pretty f'n amazing.

__________________________________________________ ____
*Whew* Thanks for letting me get that out of my head.

If you made it this far, I'll see if I can get you one of those consolation prizes. Meet me at the market next week and I'll hook you up. Hahahahahahaha!!!

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
The Following User Says Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
stef (04-05-14)
Old 04-02-14, 06:58 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,240 Times in 2,409 Posts
eclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond repute

What Jung said about inconsistency being human fuel.
The Following User Says Thank You to eclectic beagle For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (04-02-14)
Old 04-02-14, 08:26 PM

Thanked 10,946 Times in 5,878 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

My crazy n funny *** co worker, the warmer weather that's now on its way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (04-02-14), Unmanagable (04-02-14)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-14, 08:45 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,391 Times in 7,662 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

This:

lol this kid is made of pure win!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (04-06-14), Unmanagable (04-02-14)
Old 04-02-14, 10:57 PM

Thanked 30,370 Times in 13,993 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a squirrel running along on top of our garden fence. Last year we had lots of squirrels. This year all far I've hardly seen any.I've missed them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (04-02-14), Unmanagable (04-02-14)
Old 04-02-14, 11:01 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,968 Times in 9,011 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
I've missed them.
Don't worry; your aim will improve.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (04-02-14), psychopathetic (04-02-14), Unmanagable (04-03-14)
Old 04-02-14, 11:14 PM
Mrs dvdnvwls

Thanked 18,904 Times in 9,304 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute

David Archuleta's new video of which he mentioned he got lots of letters and said thank you....

SO THAT MEANS HE SAID THANK YOU TO ME!!!

Cuz I sent him a letter
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BellaVita For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (04-04-14), psychopathetic (04-03-14), Unmanagable (04-03-14)
Old 04-03-14, 12:29 PM
Forum Guru

mad83 is a splendid one to beholdmad83 is a splendid one to beholdmad83 is a splendid one to beholdmad83 is a splendid one to beholdmad83 is a splendid one to beholdmad83 is a splendid one to beholdmad83 is a splendid one to behold

Fuzzy12 (04-03-14), psychopathetic (09-10-14), Unmanagable (04-03-14)
Old 04-04-14, 08:40 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

The ever increasing chorus of morning birds that I awake to each day. Looking forward to the cricket chorus at night, too.

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (04-04-14), someothertime (04-04-14)
Old 04-04-14, 08:48 AM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 15,328 Times in 7,383 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

The calendar made me smile when I was awake enough to realize it is Friday.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Stevuke79 (04-04-14), Unmanagable (04-04-14)
Old 04-04-14, 08:50 AM
Well Modulated Moderator

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,193 Posts
amberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant future

Two of my big kids (17 & 20) crammed in a tv box like they were sitting in a birchbark canoe... They were having so much fun. It was hilarious.
someothertime (04-04-14), Stevuke79 (04-04-14), Unmanagable (04-04-14)
Old 04-05-14, 12:31 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

The blue bird that landed outside of my window.

The sunrise and blue skies.

Realizations and release.

Confirmation from the heart.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (04-05-14), Greyhound1 (04-06-14)
Old 04-05-14, 12:36 PM

Thanked 4,240 Times in 2,409 Posts
eclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond repute

New thread idea, maybe this one will stick.
The Following User Says Thank You to eclectic beagle For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (04-05-14)
Old 04-05-14, 04:56 PM
Mrs dvdnvwls

Thanked 18,904 Times in 9,304 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute

My boyfriend woke me up so sweetly today...

He sat on the bed and said "hey pretty girl" and gave me a giant hug
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BellaVita For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (04-06-14), psychopathetic (04-06-14), Unmanagable (04-05-14)
Old 04-05-14, 05:17 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 15,328 Times in 7,383 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking about what my daughter found with me the other day. We both got so excited.

image.jpg
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (04-05-14), psychopathetic (04-06-14), Unmanagable (04-05-14)