ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-15, 11:36 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,792 Times in 8,903 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation
Re: What Made You Smile Today?

Called my local chain grocery store today to follow up on a written request I'd submitted to have them carry organic options, including UPC codes of specific organic items one of their different locations currently sell, as I was told if one carries it, they all can. Grocery manager told me to bring a list and he'd see what he could do....so I did......6 months ago. lol

No one followed up with a call, as they has promised to do twice in the last 6 months. So I called today and neither of the two folks I'd been dealing with were there, but the store manager took my call. I had my answers and a plan of action within the next 2 hours. I love it when things get done in a timely manner. lol

He called corporate and found out he can't get the items due to the plan-o-gram set up they use, but, he's willing to go stock up on a few cases of 2 or 3 of the organic things I buy most often and would most like to have access to. WOAH! What? Blew my mind. Sweet!!!!!! Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out with how I get them, how they get rung up if they aren't in the system, etc. But, hey, progress!

I had explained to him why I was so adamantly seeking the cleanest versions of food I could find and come to find out, he also conquered a big weight/health issue right out of college, dropped 80ish lbs. and is now heavily involved in the exercise and fitness industry, as well.

He requested I please introduce myself during my next visit and repeatedly congratulated me on my transition, etc. And he left a $25 gift card in the safe for me to pick up since I had to go do the legwork in gathering UPC codes, etc. and didn't get the respect of efficient follow through from his employees. And I can use it in the store that sells organic. lol

Meaningful heartfelt connections make my world go 'round. Grateful for the moments I make time to make them, and am able to receive them. Looking forward to the upcoming opportunities to discuss nutritional and health stuff with a chain store manager. Not a common scene in my world. lol

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
The Following User Says Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-17-15)
Old 10-26-15, 08:27 PM
Mrs dvdnvwls

Thanked 18,904 Times in 9,304 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing a ginniebean and Amtram post in one day made me smile.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BellaVita For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (10-27-15), Luvmybully (11-01-15), stef (10-27-15)
Old 10-26-15, 08:57 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,557 Times in 6,500 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Adele’s new single, “Hello,” made me smile.

It also made me cry, which continued after the song had ended, and I also had full rippling gooseflesh.

That on a first listen? No further consideration necessary...four stars.

Ticked all the boxes...song, performance, engineering.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Luvmybully (10-31-15), Unmanagable (10-26-15)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-15, 11:33 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Hooping in the moonlight while my mind chases down a dream or three.

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
Old 10-27-15, 02:27 AM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,267 Times in 8,229 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing my new pad!!!!

~Paulo Coelho
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-27-15), Luvmybully (10-31-15), Unmanagable (10-27-15)
Old 10-27-15, 09:31 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Just scored a new space for the community drum circle gatherings to be held in the colder months. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! A new roof to raise!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-27-15), namazu (10-28-15)
Old 10-28-15, 10:46 PM

aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

I finished making my salsa!

Tomatoes and onion were soaked for a day in a mix of apple cider vinegar, lime juice, canola oil and spices (cumin, ground chipotle peppers, Penzeys Arizona Dreaming blend, etc.).

The orange bits are fresh habanero pepper.

Overall, it is fragrant and quite spicy, with medium-low capsicum heat.

ian_salsa by aeon314159, on Flickr
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Luvmybully (11-01-15), namazu (10-28-15), stef (10-29-15), Unmanagable (10-28-15)
Old 10-28-15, 11:07 PM
Jr Member

George S is on a distinguished road

My 8 year old granddaughter. Dee-lightful! :-D
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to George S For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-28-15), Luvmybully (11-01-15), namazu (10-28-15), Unmanagable (10-28-15)
Old 10-30-15, 09:20 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Realizations coming to light that many remain too distracted, or convinced otherwise, to even try to notice. Grateful for the continual visions and desire to keep seeing.

aeon (10-30-15)
Old 10-30-15, 11:59 AM

I had a good breakfast.

A simple thing that has effect on my affect and many other things as well!

It was good because it nourished and consisted of not-considered-breakfast-food goodness.

Better to eat what my body needs than to eat what my culture says I should eat.
The Following User Says Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (10-30-15)
Old 10-31-15, 09:48 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

All the strangers I cross paths with who make time to acknowledge my presence, be it a momentary knowing glance, a smile after our eyes connect, making a point to verbally greet me or wish me well, and sometimes, feeling comfortable enough to share the deepest most sacred parts of your soul with me.

You're one of the main reasons I look forward to what the next day brings. Respect and gratitude to all. Even to the rare ones that makes me uncomfortable in any way. There's a lesson in there somewhere. May I gracefully retain the wisdom.

aeon (11-01-15)
Old 11-01-15, 11:02 AM

A friend said this to me:

I have made many kids happy with the joy of unicorn poop.

This, among many other things, gives me the hope to be friends for ever and ever.

And if you think I am joking, about any of it, please understand that I am not.

The Following User Says Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Luvmybully (11-01-15)
Old 11-01-15, 07:18 PM

Thanked 4,205 Times in 1,562 Posts
Luvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond repute

Technically, this was from yesterday, but today is the day I looked at the pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1031151547f.jpg (115.6 KB, 6 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Luvmybully For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-01-15)
Old 11-04-15, 08:25 PM

Hoppimike is on a distinguished road

Saw a trading card and board game shop in town. Magic: The Gathering and all that. Guy in there was pretty cool and we joked about Mountain Dew and Doritos. That was pretty sweet!
Old 11-04-15, 10:41 PM

Thanked 21,528 Times in 11,548 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppimike View Post
Saw a trading card and board game shop in town. Magic: The Gathering and all that. Guy in there was pretty cool and we joked about Mountain Dew and Doritos. That was pretty sweet!
There is a great guy on here that plays that game!

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969