ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-18, 02:46 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,478 Times in 3,092 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nut View Post
Hi Frase, not being provocative, just based on your cupla posts: Do you have enough insight to rule out your ex as being the problem person? -LN

She certainly has her own problems to deal with and can be a bit of a handful at times (as is expected). But I think a series of poor choices has led her down the path that she's currently on. So yes, she has to take some responsibility for that, but at the same time, I also understand how hard it can be to make the right choices when you can't think clearly most of the time.

I guess i'm guilty of feeling sorry for her. I've known her for about 12 years and feel like I perhaps could have done something in that time to help keep her off this path. I just want to help her out. I'm not looking to get anything out of it in return, I just want her to be ok.

She says and does daft things, but she isn't stupid. She has a head on her shoulders, she just needs to realize it herself.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-08-18), Fuzzy12 (05-08-18), Little Missy (05-07-18), midnightstar (05-07-18), psychopathetic (05-08-18), stef (05-07-18)
Old 05-08-18, 05:22 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,567 Times in 15,079 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

So I wasnt crazy... had a "migrating" stitch-basically an internal stitch that desolves gets anchored with a stronger one that evetually breaks down, well the stronger one pushed up through the surface and the knot that was tying it was festering below the surface. No yucky stuff in it but I had to sit there while he wiggled it back and forth to get it out. Put me on an antibiotic. Last night had a fever, arm was hot and had so much pain. This am I took a tylenol 3 so lets see if that helps.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (05-08-18), Lunacie (05-08-18), midnightstar (05-08-18), psychopathetic (05-08-18)
Old 05-08-18, 07:20 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,371 Times in 7,648 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

That was hard to read. I almost had to stop at the 'wiggle' bit. Sounded painful and highly uncomfortable...I don't even want to think about it! lol

(((Sweets)))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (05-08-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-18, 06:59 PM

Thanked 30,349 Times in 13,985 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in such a lousy mood today And i can't figure out why. Work sucks. It's too difficult, there's too much talking and I'm just too dumb to keep up with people almost half my age. I feel so drained. Worn by k out. I absolutely hate the meds. I still can't think clearly. I'm able to stay on task but I can't progress with my task because I'm not able to think clearly. My mind feelsike w wagon on a carousel. It keeps turning and turning but I'm not getting more than a glimpse of the world around me. I mean I can stay on task but I can't t focus on actual words or sentences for long enough to decipher the meaning.

Ineed to sleep more.even though fuzzling is sleeping through now on most night I get less than 6h just because I go to bed too late.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (05-10-18), aeon (05-09-18), Lunacie (05-08-18), psychopathetic (05-08-18), stef (05-09-18)
Old 05-08-18, 07:08 PM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

I have no words to help you out of this...

But I just want to say I love you Fuzz Fuzz! Your ups and downs, highs and lows. I feel so lucky to have been able to be your friend over these past few years.

I don't know how me saying this is helpful...but another member here on the forums just reached out to me letting me know they appreciated me and our friendship and it really felt nice to hear.

So I'm hoping the same will be true for you. That even for just 1 nano second you'll feel even just slightly better.

Whatever the future holds...thank you for being my buddy Fuzzy-Wuzzyness.

I'm sorry you're feeling overwhelming amounts of pressure right now . I've been there and i get filled with so much desperate anger.

((((((((((((((Wuzzy))))))))))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (05-09-18)
Old 05-09-18, 10:33 AM

I miss my dad .

I wish he was back in town. I'd convince him to do some bbq today. Maybe head up into the mountains or something.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (05-09-18), midnightstar (05-09-18)
Old 05-09-18, 12:18 PM

Thanked 26,075 Times in 12,165 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
I miss my dad .

I wish he was back in town. I'd convince him to do some bbq today. Maybe head up into the mountains or something.
Sorry you're feeling lonely today.

Some of that day out with your dad sounds good.
But you know he'd say something to make you feel bad, worthless, stupid.

I hope you can take this time away from him to build your confidence
because you are NOT bad, worthless, or stupid.

psychobubba

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (05-09-18), midnightstar (05-09-18), psychopathetic (05-09-18), stef (05-10-18)
Old 05-09-18, 01:54 PM
Contributor

LyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to behold

New med prescribed.

Which always puts me in the mood of "Why the f*** do I need all these pills to lead a semi normal life???!!!" And I'm still not normal! Every day is it's own struggle.

Most people don't take 7 pills every night. Or have to deal with the aftermath of missing those pills. Or have emergency pills in their purse because who knows what will set me off today.

The hell can't I just be normal?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LyrinMeow For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (05-09-18), peripatetic (05-09-18), PoppnNSailinMan (05-09-18), psychopathetic (05-09-18), stef (05-09-18)
Old 05-09-18, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyrinMeow View Post
"Why the f*** do I need all these pills to lead a semi normal life???!!!"
OH, BOY!!!

IT'S EVERYBODY'S FAVORITE GAME SHOW!!

IT'S TIME FOR "GUESS THAT ******* WORD!!"

--------------
Okay, so it starts with an f...and is a 4 degit word!
This one should be easy!!

"Why the FOOT do I need all these pills to lead a semi normal life???!!!

...No.

"Why the FOOD do I need all these pills to lead a semi normal life???!!!

Hmmm...that can't be it either.

OH!

"Why the FART do I need all these pills to lead a semi normal life???!!!

...but still. It just doesn't make sense.

Let's move on?

"Why the FARM do I need all these pills to lead a semi normal life???!!!

GRRRRR!
I feel as if I'm getting REALLY close. But I just can't quite gettin there!

OMG! I GET IT NOW!

So...it's an f word. Starts with an f...ends with a k???
Even further...starts with an fu..ends with a k????
SHAME ON YOU!

The word you're trying to say is clearly:

"Why the FUNK do I need all these pills to lead a semi normal life???!!!

Such a harsh word!!!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (05-09-18), Lunacie (05-09-18), LyrinMeow (05-09-18), midnightstar (05-09-18), stef (05-10-18)
Old 05-09-18, 03:43 PM

Thanked 34,099 Times in 15,438 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
New med prescribed.

Which always puts me in the mood of "Why the f*** do I need all these pills to lead a semi normal life???!!!" And I'm still not normal! Every day is it's own struggle.

Most people don't take 7 pills every night. Or have to deal with the aftermath of missing those pills. Or have emergency pills in their purse because who knows what will set me off today.

i feel you. i take five prescriptions daily plus have two PRNs and i'm moving up on my main AP so it comes out to a current six pills in the morning, a couple of more throughout the day, plus seven pills at night. it's a little over the top. that said, i was in the hospital for almost six weeks in january-february-march, so apparently they're necessary. it still sucks though. x
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (05-09-18), midnightstar (05-09-18), psychopathetic (05-09-18), stef (05-09-18)
Old 05-09-18, 05:27 PM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have no words to help you out of this...

But I just want to say I love you Fuzz Fuzz! Your ups and downs, highs and lows. I feel so lucky to have been able to be your friend over these past few years.

I don't know how me saying this is helpful...but another member here on the forums just reached out to me letting me know they appreciated me and our friendship and it really felt nice to hear.

So I'm hoping the same will be true for you. That even for just 1 nano second you'll feel even just slightly better.

Whatever the future holds...thank you for being my buddy Fuzzy-Wuzzyness.

I'm sorry you're feeling overwhelming amounts of pressure right now . I've been there and i get filled with so much desperate anger.

((((((((((((((Wuzzy))))))))))))))
Aww psycho yes the same is true for me. I read your post last night when I was in the pits and it did make me smile and feel a bit better. I'm lucky to have you as my friend too!! And i'm so freaking glad that you are back again from hibernation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (05-09-18), stef (05-10-18)
Old 05-09-18, 05:28 PM

Quote:
I miss my dad .

Is visiting him an option?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (05-09-18), stef (05-10-18)
Old 05-09-18, 05:32 PM

Quote:
New med prescribed.

I have beenp asking myself that (why the hell I can't just be normal)? I only take dex but I'm hating it. I hate the side effects. I hate how it makes me feel. I hate worrying if I'm taking too much or too little or if I'll get tolerant to it and then be screwed. I hate feeling like a fraud. I hate having to surreptitiously pop them in my mouth at work every two hours while pretending that I'm not doing anything dodgy at all.

I just hate them so, so much.

And yes, every day is still a struggle.

I do hope though that the new med will help you in some way and not cause too.many unpleasant side effects.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-09-18), psychopathetic (05-09-18), stef (05-10-18)
Old 05-09-18, 10:51 PM

Thanked 14,556 Times in 6,500 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

The latest Update for Windows 10 thrashed my computer at work leaving it in a state where it could not boot, nor could it be repaired by any utility or my known bag of tricks and techniques.

Fortunately, I could boot with an Ubuntu .iso and see that my files were okay...but Windows had totally **** its diaper.

This is the second time this has occurred, and this time, instead of spending time bewildered, I got peeved.

I had to reinstall Windows 10 from scratch and then suffer its endless updates.

And of course a dozen driver installs for the Intel NUC’s sexy bits and bobs.

Then it was a reinstall of all my apps...Kaspersky, browsers, Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office, and a dozen other this and thats.

Like...7-Zip, Filezilla, a bulk renamer, PuTTY, typeface sets, dup file finder, Dymo label app, EFI Command Workstation, Stamps.com, the driver for the Apple Magic Mouse, and on and on...

But this time I got smart...when I was done, and things were running smooth, I backed up the whole lot with Macrium Reflect and then created bootable rescue media, as well as a schedule for incrementals to a spare Seagate enterprise spinner.

So if this kind of cluster ever happens again, I can laugh and be up and running in about 10 minutes.

I’ve been using a personal computer of some flavor since 1977...41 years ago.

I like Windows 10 well enough...it doesn’t fuss too much, and I can make it do my bidding.

But in all that time, I have never encountered as cruel a mistress as Windows 10...she will cut you to the quick and laugh as you lie there, bleeding.

So make sure you have a solid backup strategy, kids. Let my lesson be your warning.

So my being bothered is over, and I am back in the saddle. But yikes, talk about screwing the pooch.

Sigh,
Ian

Last edited by aeon; 05-09-18 at 11:02 PM.. Reason: typesetting error
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (05-09-18), Little Missy (05-09-18), stef (05-10-18)
Old 05-09-18, 11:09 PM

Thanked 26,075 Times in 12,165 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
The latest Update for Windows 10 thrashed my computer at work leaving it in a state where it could not boot, nor could it be repaired by any utility or my known bag of tricks and techniques.

Fortunately, I could boot with an Ubuntu .iso and see that my files were okay...but Windows had totally **** its diaper.

This is the second time this has occurred, and this time, instead of spending time bewildered, I got peeved.

I had to reinstall Windows 10 from scratch and then suffer its endless updates.

And of course a dozen driver installs for the Intel NUC’s sexy bits and bobs.

Then it was a reinstall of all my apps...Kaspersky, browsers, Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office, and a dozen other this and thats.

Like...7-Zip, Filezilla, a bulk renamer, PuTTY, typeface sets, dup file finder, Dymo label app, EFI Command Workstation, Stamps.com, the driver for the Apple Magic Mouse, and on and on...

But this time I got smart...when I was done, and things were running smooth, I backed up the whole lot with Macrium Reflect and then created bootable rescue media, as well as a schedule for incrementals to a spare Seagate enterprise spinner.

So if this kind of cluster ever happens again, I can laugh and be up and running in about 10 minutes.

I’ve been using a personal computer of some flavor since 1977...41 years ago.

I like Windows 10 well enough...it doesn’t fuss too much, and I can make it do my bidding.

But in all that time, I have never encountered as cruel a mistress as Windows 10...she will cut you to the quick and laugh as you lie there, bleeding.

So make sure you have a solid backup strategy, kids. Let my lesson be your warning.

So my being bothered is over, and I am back in the saddle. But yikes, talk about screwing the pooch.

Sigh,
Ian
Sounds like it was overloaded and simply broke down from the load.
You need dually wheels on that truck I think.

I hope your backup does just what you need it to do if this happens again.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-09-18), Greyhound1 (05-09-18), stef (05-10-18)