ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

Old 01-26-17, 09:22 PM
Contributor

Lloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of light
The big reason why many of us don't seem to have social lives is because..

Your average person today which passes as 'normal' is anything but normal and it just seems everyone has gone insane, I think we're the normal ones to be honest that still appreciate things like friends, family and staying true to our principles. We are good hearted people surrounded by zombies, look into the eyes of these people, they are dead inside. It scares me tbh, while I read everyone's posts on here I get the feeling of kindheartedness from people that are only asking for a fair shot in life.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lloyd_ For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-26-17), Gypsy Willow (07-05-17), Little Missy (01-26-17), Nytroflow (01-27-17), RextheDog (05-16-17), someothertime (07-06-17), stef (01-27-17), Unmanagable (01-26-17)
Old 01-27-17, 05:11 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,737 Times in 12,820 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The big reason why many of us don't seem to have social lives is because..

Thinking that every one else is a zombie probably doesn't help with having a social life.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-27-17), kwalk (07-14-17), Lunacie (07-05-17), namazu (01-27-17), peripatetic (05-19-17), someothertime (07-11-17)
Old 01-27-17, 05:19 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,222 Times in 13,237 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I like my social life.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-17, 08:12 AM
Mod-A-holic

sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I also dont choose to see others as zombies.

I carried a watermelon?

Old 05-16-17, 03:36 PM

RextheDog is on a distinguished road

I know what the OP is saying. Only I see them as cyborgs, connected by brain waves to the rectangular thing they're holding in their hand and can't stop staring at all day. I'm pretty anti-social myself, but then I still would like to have friends, too. Paradoxal? You bet. But, such is life.

There just aren't many people that I really, really like - or trust for that matter. ADHD or not.

As for how you "see" someone, as long as you're not going up to them and screaming "ARE YOU NOTHING BUT A ZOMBIE?" I say you're as entitled to your opinion as anyone else.
kwalk (07-14-17)
Old 05-19-17, 11:47 AM
Jr Member

goldsprinkles is on a distinguished road

I personally don't see everyone as Zombies. If anything, I kind of feel as though I'm the weird one.. I'm constantly living in a day dream.... Sigh
Old 05-19-17, 05:31 PM

Thanked 1,847 Times in 1,167 Posts
Pilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I also dont choose to see others as zombies.
We just have to not be as comfortable , and unsure of ourselves. The rule that helps is that if someone isn't willing to make the round trip it's company not worth keeping.
Old 05-19-17, 06:04 PM

Thanked 19,261 Times in 10,240 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Probably because I'm pushy, loud, obnoxious and the best dancer. And I smile too much and laugh too hard.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (07-05-17), Greyhound1 (05-19-17)
Old 07-05-17, 05:18 PM
ADDvanced Member

Gypsy Willow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RextheDog View Post

There just aren't many people that I really, really like - or trust for that matter. ADHD or not.
I feel the same way. I also get annoyed by shallow people, passive/aggressive people and people who interrupt me when I'm talking and/or arent' listening.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gypsy Willow For This Useful Post:
kwalk (07-14-17), Lunacie (07-05-17)
Old 07-05-17, 05:40 PM
I eat shades of red.

Thanked 22,046 Times in 9,318 Posts
Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have a social life because I live in a rural area without transportation.

When I live in a suburban area with access to mass transit and people in general, I tend to have a social life.

And I mean I don't just have ADHD, I am also autistic.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fortune For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (07-06-17), aeon (07-05-17)
Old 07-07-17, 11:30 AM

Free to Fly will become famous soon enough

My social interactions are boxed in by where I work or play. The 2 don't cross, except for 2 long term friendships. One for 40 years, and the other for 15. My ability to care about people is severely limited. I don't come across as a very caring individual. Possibly because I can't figure out what you are thinking, because what you are saying is BS. I don't trust people.
Old 07-08-17, 06:00 PM

MyNameIsDima is on a distinguished road

I don't see peoples today as zombies.. i just not look t them and trying not to show my feelings and trying not connect to them..
Because of it, my social life look like empty box of nothing. I was hurt by many peoples.. so i decided step back and stay with my family. In addition, a failed relationship (mainly because of me) made me take a few steps backwards
Old 07-09-17, 05:44 AM
Mod-A-holic

I think saying that "most of us dont have social lives" is sort of unfair, I think alot of us struggle socially but I dont think that automatically translates into not having a social life.

I carried a watermelon?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Fortune (07-10-17), kwalk (07-14-17)
Old 07-09-17, 05:56 AM

Metroblue is on a distinguished road

Aside from Zombies and untrustworthy people....I take Adderrall for Chronic Fatigue and talk too much! Prior to Adderrall (which doesn't help my Fibro brain) I stayed indoors for 10 years, had to quit work and only going to functions that I had to). My energy level is amazing and can live again, however I see and have been told that I irritate people with my constant talking and jumping from subject to subject. Wondering if there is another Med that gives me the energy I need without the constant babble?
Old 07-10-17, 09:35 PM
I eat shades of red.

Thanked 22,046 Times in 9,318 Posts
Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I think saying that "most of us dont have social lives" is sort of unfair, I think alot of us struggle socially but I dont think that automatically translates into not having a social life.
Bingo.