ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-19, 04:03 AM

momagain42 is on a distinguished road
Re: Come on In If You're Online And Say Anything: Part III

well.... .people sometimes say "im sorry" out of habbit. Lots of people do. Because no one told them that "excuse me?" Is the proper response. I never say Im sorry for something I couldnt controle. So, someone bumps into u at the store, or someone asks you to move over a bit so they can get through...... oh, no problem.....or excuse me is fine.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momagain42 For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (11-03-19), midnightstar (11-01-19), psychopathetic (11-01-19)
Old 11-01-19, 06:05 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 22,396 Times in 12,059 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

yepper

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (11-03-19)
Old 11-01-19, 08:20 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,837 Times in 14,099 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by momagain42 View Post
well.... .people sometimes say "im sorry" out of habbit. Lots of people do. Because no one told them that "excuse me?" Is the proper response. I never say Im sorry for something I couldnt controle. So, someone bumps into u at the store, or someone asks you to move over a bit so they can get through...... oh, no problem.....or excuse me is fine.
i think a lot of people say i'm sorry when they don't need to
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
namazu (11-01-19), psychopathetic (11-01-19), Rebelyell (11-10-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-19, 09:36 PM
ADDvanced Member

Monox D. I-Fly has a spectacular aura aboutMonox D. I-Fly has a spectacular aura about

Me included. That's why people don't take me seriously anymore when I give actual apology.
Old 11-02-19, 06:43 PM

Thanked 30,777 Times in 14,153 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by momagain42 View Post
I think it's a cultural thing in many cases. Here in the UK you basically say sorry for everything and excuse me is used mostly when you are trying to get someone's attention as in "excuse me, could I just squeeze past?"

I have gotten used to it now (I havent grown up in the UK). I actually quite like it. It's makes things pleasant and easy. Eg if I bump into someone then I will say sorry and the other person will usually say sorry too.

Just musing by the way. You are probably right that in many cases sorry isn't technically the correct response.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (11-03-19), stef (11-03-19)
Old 11-02-19, 06:52 PM

Thanked 30,777 Times in 14,153 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Fuzzling is quite a timid little girl. Especially right now she's going through a phase again where she's scared of everything. She recently started a new pre school so we were worried that it was the stress of that. She is quite comfortable with adults and loves talking to them but she isn't very good with other children.

Today hubby and me and our friends planned to go to the gym and leave fuzzling and our friends' child (one of the few kids she likes .. at times) in the crèche there. I was fully prepared for fuzzling refusing to stay in the crèche without me but was hoping that maybe her friend's presence might reassure her a bit. When we got there this crazy little girl walked straight into the crèche without even turning back. Her friend on the other hand cried his little eyes out because he didn't want his parents to leave. So fuzzling came out again and tried to reassure him and comfort him. I felt bad for the little boy and for my friend but I was also super happy that fuzzling went in so boldly and then tried to comfort her friend. I'm always worrying about her social skills and her separation anxiety so I'm hoping this is a sign of improvement.

I'm wondering if it's because my mum is here at the moment. She drives me absolutely up the wall and we keep arguing bexause I don't like her interfering in how we bring up fuzzling and I think that some of the things she says to fuzzling are a bit dodgy but maybe she's got a positive influence on her. Or maybe it's the new preschool. Anyway I really hope she'll learn to be a bit more confident. I'd hate for her to miss out on experiences because of her fear.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (11-03-19), mctavish23 (11-03-19), midnightstar (11-03-19), namazu (11-02-19), stef (11-03-19)
Old 11-03-19, 04:13 PM

Thanked 26,973 Times in 12,580 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Fuzzy, the internet is being wonky and wouldn't let me quote your post.
It's lovely that your little one is showing empathy towards your friend.
And it's lovely that you and your hubby got to get out and spend to time
with friends away from the parents for a few hours. I wish everyone could
have the kind of relationship my daughter and I have.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (11-04-19), mctavish23 (11-03-19), namazu (11-03-19), stef (11-03-19)
Old 11-03-19, 06:43 PM

Thanked 10,332 Times in 3,250 Posts
mctavish23 has disabled reputation

If I listen to too much of the "Talking Heads Live 1983,"will it make me

weird(er)?

U U Welcome
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mctavish23 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (11-03-19), stef (11-03-19)
Old 11-09-19, 05:18 PM

Thanked 10,332 Times in 3,250 Posts
mctavish23 has disabled reputation

I think Todd Rundgren's "(I Don't Want to Work) I Just Want to Bang On the

Drum All Day," is the ultimate "ADHD song."

Robert
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mctavish23 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (11-09-19), namazu (11-09-19), Rebelyell (11-10-19), stef (11-09-19)
Old 11-10-19, 06:12 PM

Thanked 11,534 Times in 6,095 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was more take this job n shove it,sly smile n chuckle.
Old 11-10-19, 06:13 PM

Thanked 11,534 Times in 6,095 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Boy if I had a dollar for Everytime I said f this job I'd be retired already lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (11-10-19), namazu (11-10-19)