ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-06, 05:23 PM

gitnrdone is on a distinguished road
I finally got my diagnosis and meds today!

I'm so happy today. I had posted here the other day about being worried that my psycologist was only going to treat me for depression. But today I saw the psyciatrist at the office and he said that my depression definitely seems to be secondary to my ADD and that he feels that treating the ADD will help the depression. .....Exactly what I have always felt was the case!

Anyways, he prescribed Adderall (20mg). But when I picked up the prescription today it said "Amphetimine Salts"????? I guess this is the generic form of Adderall???

I took my first dose at 12:00 and I still feel good. Definitely feel more alert. Not tons of energy, but more "with it" and I noticed when I was talking on the phone with my sister in law earlier that I was having a much easier time, following the converstation and responding to her. Don't understand why I have a problem with that sometimes. But I really did notice a difference today.

Now.... for my husband. How do I tell him? He thinks I went to the Doctor about our son (it's the same doctor who sees my son with Autism). I've put off telling him but I'm not exactly sure why. I know he won't be mad or not understand what I'm going thru (he takes lexapro for anxiety). Maybe it's because I feel some self esteem issues or something with the ADD diagnosis. I don't know, but I have to tell him. I'm sure he'll know somethings up, because I'm feeling awfully "frisky" today!!!....(definately not the usual for me).
Old 04-13-06, 05:26 PM
Jr Member

LEO11111111 is on a distinguished road
You could print out this post and let him read it
Old 04-13-06, 05:28 PM
ADDvanced Member

Moody Blonde is on a distinguished road
"Amphetamine Salts" is generic Adderall. So congratulations on finding a doctor who listened to your symptoms!

Don't feel bad about telling your husband. I mean, if he's taking Lexapro for anxiety, then he, I think, would understand all about the chemical/nerological thing.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-06, 05:35 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

chloe516 will become famous soon enough
congratulations! It's very difficult to admit there is a problem (ADD) to others, so you definitely have to find a way to tell him that is comfortable for you. You are fortunate that you feel he will accept it and you will have that support!

"Success is the prize for those who stand true to their ideas!" -Josh S. Hinds

Old 04-13-06, 07:58 PM
Contributor

Bob1951 will become famous soon enough
gitnrdone,

Always a delight to hear from another ADHD Pennsylvannian. We definitely make Penn's woods a more interesting place to live especially around full moon.
A quick sidebar:
King Charles II granted William Penn what is now our woods on March 4, 1681 to settle a debt with Penn's old man. Since then Pennsylvania has played a hugh rule in US history. I love my peice of Pennsylvania. We are now just a tad over 325 years old.

What to do about husband?

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
- Yogi Berra

Yogi the man. Never could beat his advise.

Bob
I think the conviction and the intensity and the passion and the sincerity - the honesty - you feel these qualities when you hear this record, and that's what makes it so compelling - Joshua Redman on Trane's "Love Supreme"

It is what makes us ADHDers compelling also - Bob1951