ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > Children's Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Children's Diagnosis & Treatment This forums is for parents to discuss issues related to diagnosis and treament of children with AD/HD

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-12, 05:16 PM

dhdb97 is on a distinguished road
Medication choices

My 9yo son was diagnosed in Dec 2012 with ADHD type 1 combined. We started him on medication trials in Feb 2012. So far he has taken Adderol 5mg, 10mg, and 15mg. No positive changes were noted. He had recently started taking Concerta 14mg, and now he is taking 28mgs. Again, no positive changes have been noted. He has lost 3lbs in the last 2 months. His pediatrician is a bit unsure of what to do next. It seems most children have responded in some sort of positive way by now. It has become frustrating for us at this point. Like all parents, I just want what is best for my child. Am I ecpecting too much too soon with the medication? Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Thank you for your assistance. Dan N.