ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 11-16-10, 01:06 PM

ThomasTT is on a distinguished road
Adderall makes me TIRED???

I'm 37 years old and have had for many years the classic symptoms of ADHD. A few months ago, I went to see a psychiatrist, who prescribed adderall for me. (20mg of the regular (non XR) x twice a day) I find that when I take the adderall, I'm often MORE tired during the course of the day than if I don't take it or before I started taking it. I also don't seem to get much effect from it either, I really can't tell much of a difference after taking it. I have talked with several people who have taken or are taking adderall, both prescribed and non-prescribed and they can't figure out how I'm not feeling the effects and how I could actually feel more tired than without it. I'd guess that the regular non-XR adderall may have more of a "crash" effect as it wears off, but I can literally take my pill early in the morning, have breakfast and then easily lay down and go back to sleep.

My doctor is hard to get in to see, he's always booked and my next appt. is after Christmas, I don't want to just stop taking the adderall, but I'm getting sick of being tired all of the time. Has anyone else had these symptoms?
Old 11-16-10, 02:21 PM
ADDvanced Member

Syndrox has a spectacular aura aboutSyndrox has a spectacular aura about
Re: Adderall makes me TIRED???

Get real Adderall XR to notice a different. Same can happen to me on lame pills.