ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 09-18-19, 05:54 PM

Slimmm is on a distinguished road
Aurobindo

I am a 49 year-old male of slender build. I was given a tentative diagnosis of ADD recently. It is tentative, because the psychiatrist is almost using trial and error at this point. I was given a Rx for Atomoxetine and then Adderall IR (10mg) a couple of days later.

I started Atomoxetine by North Star a few days ago. I took one 40mg capsule the first four days, and now am on one 40mg in the morning and one 40mg at night.

Atomoxetine has decreased my appetitite and gives me a feeling that is very slightly similar to a stimulant.

I didn't eat more than 1000 calories yesterday, and my last meal was a 6:00pm. This morning I took 40mg of Atomoxetine at 4:30am. While still fasting, I took 10mg of Adderall at 7:30am.

Over the course of the day I don't think I felt any differently than I had been when taking just the Atomoxetine. The only change in me seemed to be that my appetite decreased more.

I have read many disappointing things about Aurobindo Adderall online. However I have also read about some people who prefer it. Seeing that I have never taken an ADHD stimulant, and admittedly may not have ADHD, I have no real vantage point, and I am trying to educate myself as best as possible on whether my experience is down to the manufacturer or something else.

I have some experience with stimulants. When it was legal, I took ephedra a number of times in the early 2000's, and it stimulated me and had a very positive effect on my symptoms. On the other hand, I was prescribed Modafanil about ten years ago for sleep-apnea, and although I was stimulated, it did not help my symptoms. I drink a cup of coffee about three times a week, and I find that the stimulation has a slightly positive effect on my symptoms.

Since today's Adderall did not help my symptoms, I am trying to gauge if the lack of stimulation could suggest that these pills were no good. From the brief profile I have given, does it seem that I should probably have felt some stimulation from 10mg of Adderall?
Old 09-18-19, 08:26 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,344 Times in 7,818 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aurobindo

Welcome to the forum Slimmm

I’m definitely not a fan of Aurobindo Adderall but I think it’s too early to tell. It takes about a week or so for your body to get adjusted. Also, judging it’s effects while taking Amoxetine 3 hours earlier is askew. I’m curious, are you done with Amoxetine and now onto an Adderall trial, I assume?

Even though I hate Aurobindo you seriously need to give any stimulant a week or more especially, when first starting out. My first week on Adderall, I had more negative side effects than benefits. Things got better each day soon after as my body adjusted.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Slimmm (09-19-19)
Old 09-19-19, 06:43 AM

Slimmm is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the welcome Greyhound1. My psychiatrist gave me the option, and I chose Atomoxetine. I had a neuro appointment a few days later on an unrelated issue and the conversation turned towards ADHD. I mentioned that it was so hard to wait 4+ weeks to see if drugs work (and in this case I feel like I'm even waiting to see if really do have ADHD, as my symptoms vary).

She offered me a Rx for 3 Adderall just to try, and I accepted it. She said they are safe to combine and that they are even sometimes used together, which I confirmed here https://www.healthyplace.com/adhd/ar...atment-of-adhd.

Though I haven't been on the Atomoxetine for long, I thought I had a baseline by which to judge whether the Adderall does anything. But I can understand that that may not be the case.

I definitely understand about taking a week to get adjusted, but I was expecting to feel something. If these had been another brand, I would've just shrugged it off and figured "Ok, let me try this again after I've established myself on Atomoxetine or have given it up completely".

But after reading about Aurobindo, I feel like I don't even know if I took Adderall at all. Either way, I agree with you that it will be best to wait and to give Atomoxetine a full trial.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slimmm For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (09-19-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-19, 11:26 AM
Contributor

wonderboy has a spectacular aura aboutwonderboy has a spectacular aura about

I have been dispensed Teva generic Adderall IR.

This month Walgreens gave me Aurobindo.

My opinion is it is “smoother” than Teva, which at times,
gave me extreme anxiety.

It reminds me of the old Corepharma