ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-17, 04:57 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,869 Times in 13,521 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What Made You Smile Today?

Tigger coming on my lap for a big snuggle and

And watching Ebony feeling playful earlier today and playing the game of Tigger hide in the tunnel and Ebony and Tigger try to catch each other through the tunnel

Of course, the moment Ebony realised she and Tigger had a audience she decided to run off to avoid the scary "People Watching Me Play With Tigger" monster, bless her <3

(To be fair, doesn't take much for Ebony to decide something's scary and run off and hide from the scary thing) <3 even years later, long after her rescue, poor little girl <3

(((((Ebony means everything to me)))))

(((((And so does Tigger)))))
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (10-29-17), stef (11-12-17), WhiteOwl (11-18-17)
Old 11-12-17, 12:32 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,557 Times in 6,500 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Target has brought back their Bull Terrier in their advertising.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (11-12-17), stef (11-12-17)
Old 11-12-17, 07:48 AM

Thanked 21,524 Times in 11,546 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
Target has brought back their Bull Terrier in their advertising.

Cheers,
Ian
Big Bull Terrier fan here. Love them.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-12-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-17, 04:05 PM

midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Ebony playing football with her dinner, taking it out of the bowl and letting me skitter it across the floor and brave girl chasing it across the hallway floor

Old 11-12-17, 04:11 PM

Thanked 5,752 Times in 2,462 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
Big Bull Terrier fan here. Love them.
There are a few bull terriers living in my new apartment building. Mostly Staffords I believe. I find them quite scary.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-12-17)
Old 11-12-17, 04:15 PM
Contributor

wonderboy has a spectacular aura aboutwonderboy has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Re: What Made You Smile Today?

As simple as this: A free OCD day! I am so happy!

And, my grandmother, Gami, will be our of the hospital today (She had a stroke)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wonderboy For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-12-17), Little Missy (11-12-17)
Old 11-12-17, 04:32 PM

Thanked 21,524 Times in 11,546 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
There are a few bull terriers living in my new apartment building. Mostly Staffords I believe. I find them quite scary.
Bull Terriers do not look anything like a Staffordshire and they are not scary dogs. They are fondly known as the clowns of the terriers. They have eyes like Yul Brynner and long snouts and kind of piggy-like ears. Lovely animals.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-12-17), Hermus (11-12-17)
Old 11-12-17, 04:53 PM

aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

I just had a 90-minute phone call with Mum, and we had each other laughing.

And we talked about Bull Terriers.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (11-12-17), stef (11-12-17)
Old 11-12-17, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
Bull Terriers do not look anything like a Staffordshire and they are not scary dogs. They are fondly known as the clowns of the terriers. They have eyes like Yul Brynner and long snouts and kind of piggy-like ears. Lovely animals.
Staffordshire terriers are so sweet natured. It's humans who train agression into them. I've known a few Staffies while volunteering at the rescue kennels.

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
stef (11-12-17)
Old 11-12-17, 05:00 PM

Cheers,
Ian

Last edited by midnightstar; 11-12-17 at 05:07 PM.. Reason: resizing pic, no other edits
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Hermus (11-12-17), Little Missy (11-12-17), stef (11-12-17)
Old 11-12-17, 05:56 PM

Thanked 5,752 Times in 2,462 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
Staffordshire terriers are so sweet natured. It's humans who train agression into them. I've known a few Staffies while volunteering at the rescue kennels.
Dogs, like humans, are often for a large part the product of their upbringing. The worst I find people who train Staffies for dogfighting. Those people should be locked away with just stale bread and water.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-13-17), midnightstar (11-18-17)
Old 11-13-17, 12:58 AM

Part of the reason I like to grocery shop is because I get to see children being children.

And so this evening I did. There was this family grouping of one young man, a half dozen young women, and two young-ins doing their thing, with running and laughing.

The young man apologized for the children's behavior, and I said to him "no problem."

And then I smiled and said to the man "Do you know why it's not a problem? It is because children are the light and the joy of the world."

Immediately, two of the young women started crying, and unexpectedly, the young man gave me a hug and kissed me on each cheek.

And the young women formed a little line and each of them in turn gave me a hug and a kiss on each cheek. A couple of them said "bless you" in Spanish as they did so.

And at the end, it was one big group hug, and the children, not knowing what to do, joined in, and I could feel one of them clamped to my leg.

And then it was over, and as I went to my cart I had tears in my eyes, and I heard the young man say "Vaya con Dios."

I am still filled with a quiet happiness.

Blesséd Be,
Ian
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (11-18-17), peripatetic (11-19-17), stef (11-18-17), Unmanagable (11-18-17), WhiteOwl (11-18-17)
Old 11-18-17, 10:59 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,792 Times in 8,903 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation

After almost three years of having given up all forms of caffeine myself, strictly for the health of it, and having greatly benefited from doing so, the hubby finally comes to me this morning and asks if he can use some of my roasted dandelion root for his morning warm beverage instead of his usual coffee selection...and he likes it!

Yay! Happy dance up in here!!! His adrenal glands, etc. are gonna be so relieved, if only for a day. Then he opened his food cabinet to put something away and I see how he's changed to much cleaner versions of other things. Double yay!

I stopped trying to verbally encourage cleaner consumption habits as I eventually realized people won't ever change until they somehow prompt it within themselves, or get forced into it via life circumstance, and by suggesting anything they aren't ready to hear, I tend to be dismissed rather than embraced...so I simply continue to demonstrate the benefits more than I talk about them, unless I'm asked.

Having someone I care so deeply about actually wish to continue to become more aware of how they can more healthily care for themselves and the environment around them via what they choose as their fuel sources, and then watching them actively do it....f'n priceless.

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-18-17), peripatetic (11-19-17), stef (11-18-17), WhiteOwl (11-18-17)
Old 11-18-17, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
Dogs, like humans, are often for a large part the product of their upbringing. The worst I find people who train Staffies for dogfighting. Those people should be locked away with just stale bread and water.
Stale bread and water is too good for them. Make THEM fight to the death instead of making the dogs do it.

Anyway, what made me smile was Tigger insisting there was Bed Mice this morning in bed and trying to tunnel under the duvet to find The Magical Land Of Bed Mice

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
WhiteOwl (11-18-17)
Old 11-18-17, 05:47 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Thanked 1,231 Times in 520 Posts
WhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud of

I finally bought the Nikon camera kit I was drooling over, as a Christmas/anniversary/birthday present for myself. And I found a photography Meetup group where the organizer helps with taking/storing pictures, using your camera, etc. I think it's so nice he does all this for free, just to help people! I signed up for one of the meetings next month.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (11-19-17)