ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Depression
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-16, 04:29 PM

nicol88 is on a distinguished road
Re: Can't Help Thinking of "The Rose"

nice way, thx

Last edited by namazu; 10-02-16 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: fix due to YouTube embedding issue
The Following User Says Thank You to nicol88 For This Useful Post:
20thcenturyfox (10-09-16)
Old 01-14-17, 06:29 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,033 Times in 612 Posts
excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold
Re: Can't Help Thinking of "The Rose"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20thcenturyfox View Post
Not to suggest a simple fix for complex problems (and, other than it comes every year, I guess there's nothing wrong with hating winter), but winter does have its own beauty and appeal if anyone wants to reframe it more positively.

I won't bore you winterhaters by waxing lyrical about snowflakes and sun dogs, auroras and woodsmoke, or the crisp sound of skates on ice.

But there's always that line in Bette Middler's "The Rose" (penned by Gordon Mills):
Just remember in the winter
far beneath the bitter snow
Lies the seed that with the sun's love,
In the spring becomes the rose.
(Not sure if I can post a link to this beautiful and inspiring song and lyrics, but it's on Youtube under "the Rose by Bette Midler+lyrics.)
Seasonal depression is very common. It gets so dark and dreary looking during winter plus the fact that everything looks dead
Old 09-28-18, 08:50 PM

excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold
Re: Depression!!!

Depression is a pain in the but.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to excel For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (09-28-18), stef (09-30-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-18, 11:18 PM

Where we live can have an impact on our depression. Dark and dreary places can heighten our depression.
The Following User Says Thank You to excel For This Useful Post:
stef (09-30-18)
Old 09-30-18, 08:25 AM
ADDvanced Member

lisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel View Post
Where we live can have an impact on our depression. Dark and dreary places can heighten our depression.
I've heard good things about light lamps, a friend recommended verilux. I've never tried it/them.
The Following User Says Thank You to lisariver For This Useful Post:
stef (09-30-18)
Old 09-30-18, 09:38 AM

Thanked 27,109 Times in 13,166 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

A light lamp really can take the edge off the dark winter days. I used it especially on sundays, just when it starts getting dark out; and 10-15 mn in the morning.

strangely, ritalin helped so much with this problem.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
lisariver (09-30-18), Little Missy (09-30-18)
Old 09-30-18, 10:13 AM

Thanked 21,513 Times in 11,541 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Dark and gloomy days are when I come alive.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
excel (09-30-18), lisariver (09-30-18), SashaBV (09-30-18), stef (09-30-18)
Old 09-30-18, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
Dark and gloomy days are when I come alive.
Not Me I am the opposite
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to excel For This Useful Post:
lisariver (10-01-18), Little Missy (09-30-18), stef (09-30-18)
Old 09-30-18, 03:49 PM
ADDvanced Member

SashaBV will become famous soon enough

In Texas, we have way too much sunshine, there are people who get depressed because of high heat and too much sun, some have to stay inside a lot during the summer, especially those having very little tolerance of high heat or having repeated cases of skin cancer. I have both of those now that I'm getting old. This September has been very unusual, lots of rain, so lower temps some days, some cloudy cooler days. OTOH, high humidity and high numbers of skeeters has been hard and yard work hard to get done.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SashaBV For This Useful Post:
lisariver (10-01-18), Little Missy (09-30-18)
Old 09-30-18, 04:57 PM

Thanked 21,513 Times in 11,541 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

The sun can be relentless here at times. It is like breathing only hot air in and out.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
excel (09-30-18), lisariver (10-01-18)
Old 10-05-18, 06:41 PM

Now that the days are getting sorter, depression is starting to settle in. We are getting those dark dreary days. Autumn can be a depressing time of year. With cooler temperatures, we can sense winter is right around the corner.
Old 10-05-18, 09:22 PM

Thanked 10,944 Times in 5,877 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Fall/ winter I want to sleep alot..lost my dad in November n mom in February and between those dates holidays that weigh on me even more for failed opportunities chances n just the fact my loved ones are gone to never be able to celebrate the holidays ever again with them
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
excel (10-05-18)
Old 10-06-18, 12:53 AM
Jr Member

carrythestars is on a distinguished road

Rebelyel I am sorry about your dad and mom..I lost my father in febuary to suicide...he'll never see his grandson my sister's baby boy my nephew and I'll never get to talk to him again. It is still so heavy and weighs me down. My sister was born on his birthday.
I just get so lost in my mind and isolated when I'm really depressed and cry constantly and have a hold on nothing. I get lonely and need someone to talk to but then have no one to talk to and get even worse. When I was in the hospital the first time last winter I had him to message every night...and he told me he wished he could goto a hospital too. It's raining here now every day and getting cold. Last winter I got so depressed I had to go stay in the hospital...I'm scared for this winter...really scared, I do have a job now...but I don't know hopefully it does make a big difference.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carrythestars For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-15-18), SashaBV (10-15-18)
Old 10-14-18, 07:31 PM

I lost my mom in febraury
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to excel For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-15-18), stef (10-15-18)
Old 10-15-18, 06:43 PM
ADDvanced Member

SashaBV will become famous soon enough

To all of you feeling sad or depressed now. My mother and sister both died in February and my father in June. For me, summer is worse because I can't tolerate the heat, way too hot. I was told many people here are sad in summer. This week is hard because it's both cold and rainy all week...too long for me! I wanted to get some things done outside, now I have to wait.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SashaBV For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-15-18), stef (10-15-18)