ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 10-11-10, 10:07 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 17,516 Times in 7,316 Posts
Amtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond repute
Sleeping all day. . .

I'm thinking that this is just a personal side-effect of needing medications for sleep that make my sleep a bit lighter, along with regular use of Adderall. Last time I was using 60mg/day of XR, I would take a day off every 6-8 weeks (usually unintentionally - I'd start by sleeping too late to take my morning dose) and just spend the whole day sleeping.

I did that yesterday. I woke up to eat, watched a little TV with the family, and other than that, the whole day was spent sleeping. I'm feeling much better today. When this used to happen before, I found it very disturbing. Now, though, I can see that it was a pattern where I just needed to have a day to catch up and let my brain and body have some shut-down time. Nothing's wrong, it's just that sleeping comes hard to me, and being awake and productive during the day is kind of an unnatural state. After a few weeks of that, it's time for a rest.

Does anyone else experience this?