ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Site Suggestions & Feedback
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-17, 04:27 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Location: Floating around on a melting iceberg, north North America Canada
mildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If i started a new forums similar ADDForums,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
I understand that this topic is important to you.

I would be more interested in discussing how "natural development of
self regulation" is delayed in those with ADHD.
Abnormally consistent unsafe, anxious, sad, angry, feelings, delay natural development of self-regulation.

m
"In the history of the human race, those periods which later appeared as great have been the periods when the men and the women belonging to them had transcended the differences that divided them and had recognized in their membership in the human race a common bond" -Haile Selassie I
Old 03-11-17, 12:09 PM

Thanked 22,490 Times in 10,363 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildadhd View Post
Abnormally consistent unsafe, anxious, sad, angry, feelings, delay natural development of self-regulation.

m
Ah, since I believe genetics is the main cause of ADHD and you seem to believe
early childhood trauma is the main cause of ADHD, we have little to discuss
with each other.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 03-11-17, 12:18 PM

Thanked 25,690 Times in 11,940 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to discuss early childhood trauma and how it's related to adhd or other disorders but i have to admit mild I often don't understand your posts ot the terms you use. I just don't have the necessary background knowledge and I really struggle to understand what you are trying to convey.

I don't expect you to explain everything I'm super simple layman terms to me though. It wouldn't be a discussion but more of a seminar.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
mildadhd (03-11-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-17, 12:54 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,294 Times in 8,628 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

mildadhd: It seems to me that Fuzzy is really on to a good thing with her very last comment. When you have posted discussion threads here in the past, you've often been dissatisfied with how the discussion proceeded out of your control.

On a discussion forum, you aren't supposed to be in control. It's supposed to be a free-for-all that goes in all kinds of different unexpected directions - that's the point.

If instead you were using a different format, not a forum at all but something totally other, where the expectation is not a discussion among equals (like it has to be here) but one speaker and many listeners (like a blog or a personal web site), you might be more satisfied with the results.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
The Following User Says Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-11-17)
Old 03-11-17, 12:57 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 16,229 Times in 9,161 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

mild, maybe you could use your blog on ADDF and encourage people to comment on your blog? Not sure if this has already been suggested.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
All paranoia can go fart in the litter tray.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-11-17), mildadhd (03-11-17)
Old 03-11-17, 02:29 PM

Thanked 25,690 Times in 11,940 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdnvwls View Post
mildadhd: It seems to me that Fuzzy is really on to a good thing with her very last comment. When you have posted discussion threads here in the past, you've often been dissatisfied with how the discussion proceeded out of your control.

On a discussion forum, you aren't supposed to be in control. It's supposed to be a free-for-all that goes in all kinds of different unexpected directions - that's the point.

If instead you were using a different format, not a forum at all but something totally other, where the expectation is not a discussion among equals (like it has to be here) but one speaker and many listeners (like a blog or a personal web site), you might be more satisfied with the results.
That's not what I meant. I meant that I lack the required background knowledge to discuss the specific issues that mild wants to discuss using specific terminology that I don't understand really. Therefore I can't discuss the topic or mame a helpful contribution especially using this particular terminology.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-11-17)
Old 03-11-17, 03:16 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,294 Times in 8,628 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
That's not what I meant. I meant that I lack the required background knowledge to discuss the specific issues that mild wants to discuss using specific terminology that I don't understand really. Therefore I can't discuss the topic or mame a helpful contribution especially using this particular terminology.
I knew that wasn't your meaning, but when you mentioned seminar, it seemed to me that a seminar or lecture format was what mildadhd had perhaps been (consciously or unconsciously) aiming for all along.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
The Following User Says Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-11-17)
Old 03-11-17, 04:54 PM

Location: Floating around on a melting iceberg, north North America Canada
mildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
Ah, since I believe genetics is the main cause of ADHD and you seem to believe
early childhood trauma is the main cause of ADHD, we have little to discuss
with each other.
Genetics involved in the natural development of self-regulation, develop in interaction with the environment.

Infants who inherit more sensitive temperaments are more hyperreactive to distressful experiences, than infants born with more robust temperaments, making delays in the natural development of self-regulation, even more likely.

m
"In the history of the human race, those periods which later appeared as great have been the periods when the men and the women belonging to them had transcended the differences that divided them and had recognized in their membership in the human race a common bond" -Haile Selassie I

Last edited by mildadhd; 03-11-17 at 05:16 PM..
Old 03-11-17, 05:24 PM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 16,574 Times in 7,909 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

MODERATOR NOTE:

Since members seem to be done providing site suggestions and feedback here, I am closing this thread.

If you wish to discuss development, environment, genetics, and/or other topics, please start a new thread in the appropriate subforum (not here).

While it is to be expected that the replies from a diverse community of members may diverge from the thread-starter's initial intent and encompass a wide range of perspectives, this forum is not meant to be a "free-for-all". (Please see 4chan and its kin if that's what you desire.)

We have guidelines to help ensure that members with different backgrounds and interests can participate and seek support and coexist.

There are also some forum sections (e.g. Scientific Discussions) where the format of the discussion is explicitly constrained. Those constraints are explained in the stickies associated with the subforum.

In general, members are welcome to set (reasonable) parameters for their threads, including a desire not to discuss certain topics. If you wish to limit the discussion in your thread, please state, in the very first post, the intended topic and boundaries of the thread. This will help other members understand and respect your intent.

We encourage members who wish to consolidate and share their own thoughts (without inviting a full discussion) to make use of the blog feature (in your User CP) and the Journaling section.

As always, if a post violates our site guidelines, please do not reply to it or derail the thread with commentary, but instead report it using the report button () at the top of the post.

Thank you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (03-11-17), mildadhd (03-11-17)
Closed Thread