ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-18, 11:00 AM
Jr Member

emmaugoh is on a distinguished road
One way/Pattern of thinking process. Always the Hard Path

Is this just me or everyone withn ADHD. How i can i spend hours, days, weeks, months thinking about a particular solution to a problem in one way. Whenever i hyperfocus its always on a particular side of a solution, turning my mind to the others side of a solution is always hard till someone bails me out.
I don't normal normally proffer solutions to people because I know my mind won't rotate around such problem to get various solutions.

And most of the solutions that comes from my mind are the hard one the easy ones seems to elude me just some part of my mind thinks that easy is boring. I fight with everything in my life just to find out there is an easy way and that's what everyone is doing.
In school when certain questions are asked, my mind keys to one answer and nothing else but when i start hearing answers from people (majority) , i will be like, 'why does this elude me all the time, why can't I think like others, why always following a controversial path'

Of course sometimes it's beneficial and most times it's a curse.

I have not yet get medication on ADHD. Don't know if it's related to it.
The Following User Says Thank You to emmaugoh For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (10-28-18)
Old 10-28-18, 01:21 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 15,209 Times in 7,322 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: One way/Pattern of thinking process. Always the Hard Path

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaugoh View Post
Is this just me or everyone withn ADHD. How i can i spend hours, days, weeks, months thinking about a particular solution to a problem in one way. Whenever i hyperfocus its always on a particular side of a solution, turning my mind to the others side of a solution is always hard till someone bails me out.
I don't normal normally proffer solutions to people because I know my mind won't rotate around such problem to get various solutions.

And most of the solutions that comes from my mind are the hard one the easy ones seems to elude me just some part of my mind thinks that easy is boring. I fight with everything in my life just to find out there is an easy way and that's what everyone is doing.
In school when certain questions are asked, my mind keys to one answer and nothing else but when i start hearing answers from people (majority) , i will be like, 'why does this elude me all the time, why can't I think like others, why always following a controversial path'

Of course sometimes it's beneficial and most times it's a curse.

I have not yet get medication on ADHD. Don't know if it's related to it.
I think it’s probably related to ADHD, hyper focus and anxiety/obsessive thinking. It’s very difficult for me to change gears or thoughts when I’m fixated or hyper focused on a problem. Usually, just continue to spin my wheels getting no where. Getting no where and the waste of time is when my anxiety kicks in. This just perpetuates the situation into an obsessive thought cycle.

If you have been diagnosed with ADHD, medication may be quite helpful.

Last edited by Greyhound1; 10-30-18 at 09:25 PM.. Reason: Added comma for clarity
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
PoppnNSailinMan (10-29-18)
Old 10-28-18, 01:48 PM
Jr Member

emmaugoh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
I think itís probably related to ADHD, hyper focus and anxiety/obsessive thinking. Itís very difficult for me to change gears or thoughts when Iím fixated or hyper focused on a problem. Usually, just continue to spin my wheels getting no where. Getting no where and the waste of time is when my anxiety kicks in. This just perpetuates the situation into an obsessive thought cycle.

If you have been diagnosed with ADHD medication may be quite helpful.
Exactly what am going through. Obsessive thinking with no headway cos am stuck on a circle of thought that might be a hard solution but to move away from that thought pattern to another is near to impossible unless I am thinking from a written book or am writing what am thinking.

Am not yet on medication
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-18, 05:49 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,437 Times in 15,029 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Medication has been a life saver for me.

I carried a watermelon?