ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Men with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Men with ADD/ADHD This forum is for men to discuss issues related to being a man with AD/HD.

Old 03-15-17, 04:54 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 25,754 Times in 12,617 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can you picture yourself Dancing in Public/locales?

My mom was quite fond of dancing in Walgreens
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-15-17), Fuzzy12 (03-15-17), Little Missy (03-15-17)
Old 03-15-17, 09:06 PM

fisherfisher will become famous soon enough

How do you people get any shopping done while you dance? If I got to dancing in the store my groceries would end up being $200 worth of nothing I needed.
Old 03-15-17, 09:21 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 18,637 Times in 9,935 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherfisher View Post
How do you people get any shopping done while you dance? If I got to dancing in the store my groceries would end up being $200 worth of nothing I needed.
They usually don't play that many good songs in a row.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-17, 08:48 PM
Jr Member

unwitting is on a distinguished road

I always try to avoid any situations where dancing would be a possibility. It's not something that I enjoy doing, and yes it feels silly... people would tell me that i'm just too shy or self conscious, but its really not that (only kind of). Even if I was all by myself and I knew no one could see me i wouldn't.

My rule for this: it is always better to not dance than dance.

Think of those times where you saw a guy who was forced to dance with his friends, and so he moves really awkwardly but you can tell that he is uncomfortable and just doing it because his friends wanted him to. I don't wanna be that guy, whose only kind of half into it, i would rather be the guy who just stays sitting by himself drinking his beer while his friends are out dancing.
The Following User Says Thank You to unwitting For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (04-21-17)
Old 04-21-17, 12:51 AM

DorianGrayII is on a distinguished road

Noway.. I am way too self-conscience to even consider the possibility of dancing in public.

I do enjoy watching others (others with talent that is). For me it is akin to watching someone perform magic... as it is so far removed from my own ability.
The Following User Says Thank You to DorianGrayII For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (04-21-17)
Old 04-21-17, 03:48 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 28,717 Times in 12,982 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I used to dance like a freak when under the influence and I was so drunk I didnt care what people thought. Now, I have to be in a really comfortable, yet social gathering type place and it still takes me awhile to warm up and get the courage to dance.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (04-21-17)
Old 04-21-17, 05:41 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,169 Times in 12,622 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by unwitting View Post
I always try to avoid any situations where dancing would be a possibility. It's not something that I enjoy doing, and yes it feels silly... people would tell me that i'm just too shy or self conscious, but its really not that (only kind of). Even if I was all by myself and I knew no one could see me i wouldn't.

My rule for this: it is always better to not dance than dance.

Think of those times where you saw a guy who was forced to dance with his friends, and so he moves really awkwardly but you can tell that he is uncomfortable and just doing it because his friends wanted him to. I don't wanna be that guy, whose only kind of half into it, i would rather be the guy who just stays sitting by himself drinking his beer while his friends are out dancing.
That's exactly how I feel to. Even on my own I feel awkward dancing. It's just not something I enjoy. I'm also absolutely rubbish at it. I really admire people who dance well...or even people who just dance. A lot of the skill of dancing (in a club I mean) is really just about confidence but if I just don't have thst confidence and if I just don't enjoy it why do people keep insisting i dance?

It seems like this basic social skill that just everyone has to have. If you don't like dancing people think you are a party pooper.