ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Desoxyn
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Desoxyn methamphetamine hydrochloride (also known as desoxyephedrine)

Old 04-13-17, 06:49 PM

elite242lbs is on a distinguished road
Re: The Holy Grail? -Desoxyn Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncingoffwall View Post
Generally, amphetamine psychosis occurs in doses well above the therapeutic limit. And the jury is still out as to whether meth is actually neurotoxic at low doses.

Desoxyn (or any stimulant) is generally recognized as safe at doses at or below the therapeutic limit. It's only contraindicated in individuals who have a history of prior psychosis, high blood pressure or cardiovascular disease.

The user you mentioned may have been abusing his medication, or was already schizophrenic and would've had a psychotic break regardless of stimulant use.
How would one determine the therapeutic limit? Ive seen some on 15mg/day others up to 70mg/day.
Old 04-14-17, 11:51 AM
Contributor

Bouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite242lbs View Post
How would one determine the therapeutic limit? Ive seen some on 15mg/day others up to 70mg/day.
I believe the FDA-recommended maximum dose is 30 mg a day. Usually 20-25 mg a day is the effective dose. 70 mg is pretty high.

The potency of D-Methamphetamine is roughly 2:1 over D-Amphetamine, but it's subjective effects seem quite different. In most cases, D-Meth doesn't feel as "speedy" as D-Amp.

So, 70 mg of D-Meth could be equivalent to 140 mg of D-Amp. YMMV.
Old 04-14-17, 01:55 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,661 Times in 1,108 Posts
Joker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond repute

The bad thing about methamphetamine is that it's neurotoxic at high doses. Because of the stigma against it, it's evidently super expensive, and hard to come by. They're hesitant to prescribe it, because I suppose the DEA pays extra close attention to who is prescribing it and how much.

I can imagine at an equivalent dose, methamphetamine being relaxing. Of common ADHD meds it's probably the most similar to dexedrine and/or Vyvanse, and I thought Vyvanse was very calming. I am way more chilled and calm on Vyvanse (so I suppose, also, dextroamphetamine), and Adderall as well, compared to Ritalin. Ritalin, to me, has more physical stimulation, and I am just a lot more cold, emotionless, and down to business on Ritalin than amphetamines.

I have never taken desoxyn, but I did try meth and coke in the past. Of course I was taking probably 20x a therapeutic dose, and cramming it up my nose instead of taking it orally. Therefore the effects were nothing that would be helpful in the least, unless reorganizing the silverware drawer 18x or making a boat out of cardboard is useful. Also who knows what was in it?

For that reason I cannot recommend this.

I don't think it's unusual at all to find adderall and dextroamphetamine relaxing, and I would not be surprised if 5 or 10 mg of prescription methamphetamine would be as well. But the other things are working okay for me, my insurance covers them, they aren't stigmatized, and are less neurotoxic, although maybe at such low doses, desoxyn isn't harmful, either.

The Drifters Game:http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141997
The Following User Says Thank You to Joker_Girl For This Useful Post:
Bouncingoffwall (04-14-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-17, 02:22 PM
Contributor

Bouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to all

Desoxyn fascinates me as a pharmaceutical medication rather than a street drug. I was at one time an abuser of street meth as well; street meth is a very different (and impure) animal. Unless you had Heisenberg making your meth, it could consist of really... well... anything. Drug dealers are not honest, scrupulous people concerned with the public's health. Route of administration is a big factor too, and inhaling 250 mg dirty meth into your bloodstream has an entirely different result than ingesting a 5 mg "clean" pill. Same goes for snorting (which is far less efficient that smoking).

The potential to have mostly the cognitive improvements, without the "speedy" feeling, appeals to me. I would be sharper, more measured, and more organized without the artificial gregariousness. I wouldn't have to deal with weird (yet harmless) sensations in my chest, or the occasional feeling of a lump in my throat. I want the cogntive enhancements, without the other stimulating effects, at the lowest dose possible.

Last edited by Bouncingoffwall; 04-14-17 at 02:37 PM.. Reason: Typos...
Old 04-21-17, 06:14 AM

chiefbandit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncingoffwall View Post
Desoxyn fascinates me as a pharmaceutical medication rather than a street drug. I was at one time an abuser of street meth as well; street meth is a very different (and impure) animal. Unless you had Heisenberg making your meth, it could consist of really... well... anything. Drug dealers are not honest, scrupulous people concerned with the public's health. Route of administration is a big factor too, and inhaling 250 mg dirty meth into your bloodstream has an entirely different result than ingesting a 5 mg "clean" pill. Same goes for snorting (which is far less efficient that smoking).

The potential to have mostly the cognitive improvements, without the "speedy" feeling, appeals to me. I would be sharper, more measured, and more organized without the artificial gregariousness. I wouldn't have to deal with weird (yet harmless) sensations in my chest, or the occasional feeling of a lump in my throat. I want the cogntive enhancements, without the other stimulating effects, at the lowest dose possible.
I dont think they inhale 250mg because i read somewhere on this forum that lethal dose is 125 mg.

Dismayed that i am, i have no choice but to rely on the 'animal' because my country makes adhd meds illegal due to widespread abuse. They have some off-record Bangladesh(or pakistan) 10mg ritalin available which costs around 3.5 USD. I take 20mg and wont feel a thing. What is probably worse is most of the psychiatrists themselves are not familiar with add.One doc pleaded me not to take ritalin because you are only 'ADHD' when you are a child and have 'hyperkinetivity'. One assistant prof doc with a med student beside him, didnt believe i have add when i told him i think i have add. He said if i was, i would have been diagnosed since i was a child. Now that i think about it, i become furious. That day he could had killed my life if i was to believe him. Whats more, there will be multiplier effect as he failed as a teacher. He prescribed me Lecithin(yea i am no doctor but please stop trying to tame the bane inside me by throwing flower petals at it!!!). He asked me to come back again in 2 weeks times. I didnt go back, to see a asst prof psychiatrist in private hospital put heavy dents on my wallet. Though, half of the doctors i met were very understanding and willing to help me. They wrote ritalin prescriptions for me thereby endangering their license because ritalin is classified under 'illegal drugs'. Though of cuz the catch here is that there is no ritalin here except one.
It is sad to think that there are tens of thousands others undiagnosed in my country who wont make it so far in life despite them trying so hard shedding blood, sweat and tears EVERYDAY. Well, this is not your Merkel's Germany or Uncle Sam's America i guess.

Anyway, this 'animal'. i had taken for two months already. It costs around 3USD and packs a 45mg punch. Well
Old 04-30-17, 05:10 AM

I am starting to adapt to my " desoxyn". I am not drinking coffee in the morning cuz it gives me tics and anxiety. But as a person who grew up with undiagnosed add for years caffine cant just simply be swept off the menu. I drink coke zero in the morning and black coffee in the afternoon.
Also, please guys, d-meth is demonized for a reason, but dont get me wrong,u should really consider it as a medication when all else fails.
I lost my libido now but i am willing to pay my price for it becuz i have no partner.
NEVER TAKE Ssris with (ie. Lexapro etc) and anti- histamines(chlorpheniramine etc for anxiety) together with d-meth. I wished i learned this earlier.
Dont drink when on d-meth, but if you need to limit yourself esp if you are tired.
Take tgt with other add drugs like ritalin or adderall only when you need to.
I am taking benzodiazapine( called xanax or alprazolam), i had avoided using this so much becuz i wanted it for my special moments(u know the downest low when you cry, body shaking). But dmeth is making my anxiety worse.
Tire yourself out. Yes you are totally amped up no need to sleep and all that but dont. Read a book, study, watch tv on your " borrowed time" becuz u will pay the price.
I pay my price on weekends, sleeping whole day, and even then my head is abit hazy at work due to prolonged use.
NEVER. abuse your Adhd drugs. With great power comes great responsibility. Cliche' i know, but think about it. You may pop an extra Ritalin 10 mg or two when out with friends at night or even offer them. BUT, you need to prepare for the Ritalin Crash. AND OR with Desoxyn COMBINED!! Scary stuff, you can do Really stupid things on it. And, i am a gentleman who refrain from using the stupid word at all. May be cuz i am called by it by others too many times.

Enjoy your Dex, do great things with it, be motivated at work and school, be confident that today is going to be a good day. NOT the day when you put in so much effort,the BEST that you can, yet still be frowned upon by others. Go the extra mile with it, learn a new language, new hobby, improve yourself, after work at night.

Good luck and have fun, i hope you find your Med that work for you.
But throw in some caution at the same time.( for eg, i refrain myself from learning how to "chase the dragon".) Again, with great power comes great responsibility. No, i dont think it is cliche at all.
Old 04-30-17, 05:25 AM

In the future, i want to try the infamous Vyvanse and Adderall so much. Or the dare i say it?!, Dexedrine!!! Or the Desoxyn in its purest chemical virgin form without other isomers and all that.When i can move out of my country of cuz
Old 04-30-17, 07:15 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 28,717 Times in 12,982 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

In your previous post I thought you said that ritalin was the only options. Did I miss something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefbandit View Post
I am starting to adapt to my " desoxyn". I am not drinking coffee in the morning cuz it gives me tics and anxiety. But as a person who grew up with undiagnosed add for years caffine cant just simply be swept off the menu. I drink coke zero in the morning and black coffee in the afternoon.
Also, please guys, d-meth is demonized for a reason, but dont get me wrong,u should really consider it as a medication when all else fails.
I lost my libido now but i am willing to pay my price for it becuz i have no partner.
NEVER TAKE Ssris with (ie. Lexapro etc) and anti- histamines(chlorpheniramine etc for anxiety) together with d-meth. I wished i learned this earlier.
Dont drink when on d-meth, but if you need to limit yourself esp if you are tired.
Take tgt with other add drugs like ritalin or adderall only when you need to.
I am taking benzodiazapine( called xanax or alprazolam), i had avoided using this so much becuz i wanted it for my special moments(u know the downest low when you cry, body shaking). But dmeth is making my anxiety worse.
Tire yourself out. Yes you are totally amped up no need to sleep and all that but dont. Read a book, study, watch tv on your " borrowed time" becuz u will pay the price.
I pay my price on weekends, sleeping whole day, and even then my head is abit hazy at work due to prolonged use.
NEVER. abuse your Adhd drugs. With great power comes great responsibility. Cliche' i know, but think about it. You may pop an extra Ritalin 10 mg or two when out with friends at night or even offer them. BUT, you need to prepare for the Ritalin Crash. AND OR with Desoxyn COMBINED!! Scary stuff, you can do Really stupid things on it. And, i am a gentleman who refrain from using the stupid word at all. May be cuz i am called by it by others too many times.

Enjoy your Dex, do great things with it, be motivated at work and school, be confident that today is going to be a good day. NOT the day when you put in so much effort,the BEST that you can, yet still be frowned upon by others. Go the extra mile with it, learn a new language, new hobby, improve yourself, after work at night.

Good luck and have fun, i hope you find your Med that work for you.
But throw in some caution at the same time.( for eg, i refrain myself from learning how to "chase the dragon".) Again, with great power comes great responsibility. No, i dont think it is cliche at all.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Old 04-30-17, 11:28 PM

perhaps, the post before that. Also, previous page .
Old 05-01-17, 04:34 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 28,717 Times in 12,982 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefbandit View Post
What do you mean by this? Many of us can take SSRI's, SNRI's or tricyclics while taking amphetamines. I dont think its fair to say this as if it is fact and scare someone who takes both, or who may take both.

Quote:
Why is this? Do you take breaks on the weekend? If you are taking too much and feel this burned out then you are on the wrong med or dose.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Old 05-01-17, 07:51 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 18,637 Times in 9,935 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
What do you mean by this? Many of us can take SSRI's, SNRI's or tricyclics while taking amphetamines. I dont think its fair to say this as if it is fact and scare someone who takes both, or who may take both.

Why is this? Do you take breaks on the weekend? If you are taking too much and feel this burned out then you are on the wrong med or dose.
He is using street meth. Location, location, location...

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969