ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Education
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Education This forum is to discuss issues related to ADD and higher education.

Old 10-27-11, 09:50 PM

user123 is on a distinguished road
Question Hatting life right now! I just want to give up? Thanks to college!

I'm not suicidal but I'm just stressed out. I actually love school but everything is not working out. First off I Hate that I'm on meds (vyvanse & xanax). I dont want to depend on them for the rest of my life. I'm in the u.s by myself and my parents are so proud of me with my school and everything (basically they're my motivation). I dont get bad grades but I don't feel like i deserved any of my grades that was givin to me. I Felt most of it was luck. (I'm not just saying that). My life is not going the way i want it. Even the smallest stuff... ex I'm ALWAYS late to class and everywhere else and I mean always. I don't think i've ever actually studied (like really studied) not just memorize powerpoint in my life. I somehow always passed with a good grade. I tried to do extra credit and stuff like that and the professors are usually flexible with everything or drop the lost grade. I have always had a way, somehow. I have the motivation inside but i cant get myself to do the stuff I want. I know im not dumb or lazy but i cant explain why. I'm just so frustrated now.
The Following User Says Thank You to user123 For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (10-29-11)
Old 10-27-11, 10:58 PM

entrepreneurKid will become famous soon enough
Re: Hatting life right now! I just want to give up? Thanks to college!

I feel the same way!

It's like you read my mind!

Seriously, I feel so burnt out & tired right now. I'm always on the run! etc..
Always late for stuff, today was a day packed with moments like that.
I logged in just now, cause I feel exactly how you feel right now dude. I logged on thinking someone maybe replied to some threads I posted, maybe some helpful information would be in there.

Anyway, you're not alone dude! I'm here hahaha..

I'm 25 by the way, just turned 25 yesterday.
I started a business in early 2008, from the house. Now I have a warehouse, dude I am going crazy!

Hey, so you're on meds right? I was thinking about taking meds- kinda decided not to. So they don't work?

And listen man, I know EXACTLY! what you mean! when you say you know you're not lazy or dumb, you just can't get yourself to do what you want to do.

And you started by saying something about suicide.

I've had this thought- I'm so lucky that I"m not a depressed kinda guy, cause if I was.. I might have seriously considered Suicide by now.

You know what man?

Here are my thoughts, and please listen!

The things that are stressing us out- School, Work etc..
That is not what life is about! It's what we sorta should do during the day so we can have a nice future etc.. BUT! It's not what life is about!

It's not like we're screwing up at life, we're screwing up at School & Work.

I say this all the time, I don't mind my ADD stuff- it's just with my business that it affects me in ways I don't like. And I'm sure the same for you with school.

But dude, like worse case scenario- it's just school you know?
There is life beyond school, and life beyond my work.

Like suppose all I did was work, & I became a Millionaire. What's the point?
If all I do is work right? So that's like evidence that Work is not what life is all about.

Same as school, imagine if you got Straight A's etc.. etc.. but it's all you did, then whats the meaning of life then?

Anyway, just sayin look at it this way- it's just school.. And this is just work for me.

There is a way dude!

I decided today, after turning 25.
I know! I know for sure! God has given me this perfect opportunity to really thrive here! I am in the perfect position to be successful! I have everything lined up- just waiting, but waiting for what? Waiting for Me! Waiting for me to get my act together.

So I've decided this-
If I just stop myself, just pause life for a second.
Look at this big mess I'm in, get a pen & paper. Or in my case- go on Microsoft Excel. And get Organized!
Make a strategic plan to get out of this mess that I'm in, and ACTUALLY! Follow the Plan!

I know I'm not dumb or lazy dude, Infact- not to toot my own horn. But I"m pretty darn smart, and I'm almost the opposite of lazy- I work really hard haha. But I do know what you mean, about lazy.

Sometimes I will just lay in my bed, and I know I need to do things but I don't get up! haha I just lay there.

Anyway.

I have had enough dude! This is my last Straw!
I consider this Rock Bottom!

Since February 2008 I have just been so darn stressed out, late for everything. Not enjoying life! Never have time for anything! Not even my own birthday! I miss out on so much cause I"m always behind on stuff, catching up. I feel like I don't deserve to take a break, or go on some trip with someone etc.. So I always turn down trips to places, or spending the day with a group of friends or relatives. Because I feel like I need to spend that day catching up- and typically what happens is I wake up so darn late that even if I get to work right away- I already screwed that day up pretty good. And then! I will go online & play chess for like 2 hours- then another hour on facebook & youtube. Then it's freaking night time!

So this continuous cycle of disappointing people, being late, never on time.
So I never feel relaxed!

Anyway I have had enough of that! ENOUGH!

I am a man! A 25 year old man now! I know I can do this!

My plan is to write myself a daily schedule, a routine.
Part of that routine is what people say to do on here- sleep good, eat right, exercise etc..

So it'll be, be in bed by this time, wake up by this time etc..

And just STICK to that! Actually do it!
I am so capable dude! I know I can do it! I've done incredible things before, I know I can do this!

And then a day by day plan on how to get out of the mess I'm in, and get caught up.

It's not hard dude, but it's hard to break bad habits.

Quick example-
I use to be a serious alcoholic, drinking every day.
Serious pot head, smoking weed all day every day.
And I would smoke cigarettes everyday too.

Man when I was living like that- I was hating myself everyday.
I hated that I did that, and I wanted to quit soooo bad!
I wanted to quit for over 3 years.

And I relate my ADD- to that.

It's so similar!

I hate them both so much! I hate the bad habits I have of ADD- me screwing up everyday. Just like I hated drinking & getting high everyday.

And I couldn't stop! NO matter how badly I wanted to quit, I couldn't bring myself to quit!

I would dwell on it everyday, it's all I ever thought of & talked about.
It was obvious that I really genuinely wanted to quit.

I remember thinking- if I could pay a price to get sober I would pay it!
thousand bucks what ever, I'd do it! I really really want to quit.

Anyway, it took me over 3 years but I did it!
I am 100% Absolutely sober now, and I NEVER get tempted dude!

The hardest part was the first 3 days, the first 3 weeks & the first 3 months.

But dude, seriously after like a month- I had NO urges what so ever.
Dude after a week I had no urges.

So pretty much- that thing I hated so bad, and couldn't quit. I got over it in like 3-4 days. I did it for years, hated myself for years, was almost suicidal over it. And I was able to knock that out in like 3 days dude! Three freaking days!

So it was hard work for 3 days, 3 days of hard work.
the 4th day I was good, a new man- I didn't even feel like getting high or drinking anymore. It took me 3 days of trying my hardest though!

So that's what I'm saying, I know there is a bright side to this dude!
I know I will get it together, I know I will!

Perhaps I need to pause life for 3 days then? At least 1 day.
Maybe you should too?

Tomorrow's Friday, you probably don't have school.
Why don't you take Friday, Saturday & Sunday (Don't go Friday even if you have school, It's worth it!)

Take these next 3 days, to come up with a routine. And Stick to it!
And if you're in some sort of mess that you need to get out of- Make a plan to get out of it, and start working on that plan ASAP.

It might take you 1 entire day 8 hours+ To come up with that routine & that plan to get out of your mess, but it's worth it! Even though any normal person could probably do it in like no more than 3 hours.

Just admit that it's not hard, it's just the ADD.
Admit it's not impossible, it's just the ADD making you think it's impossible.
I get Anxiety when putting myself infront of my problems & forcing myself to deal with them.

Like when I sit down to write my routine- I''m sure I will get anxiety, and probably keep trying to distract myself with stuff. Letting it get later & later & later. And if I give in dude- it'll be night time & all I did was screw around & didn't do a darn thing! haha.

But yeah man, just make it happen!

Take 3 days to get organized, and get yourself out of the mess you're in.
I know it shouldn't take longer than 1 day to plan a routine for yourself. And a plan to get out of the mess.
So those next 2 days, you can spend working on that plan. And maybe by Monday you'll be good to go.

Look dude, Be real with yourself. How you've been living & how I've been living. What's the point of living if that's how its gonna be right?
Screw that right? We don't want to live like that right?

So we have to Change it then man!
We have to Change something! or nothing will change!

When I was hating myself for being high, I finally did something. I changed!
And now I'm sooooooo, sooo, soooo freaking happy dude. So happy about that.

Now I have this one thing left I have to quit, it's my ADD stuff.
I love how I think, the only thing I want to change are my work habits.
I know I can do it.

So you spend the next 3 days getting it together, and so will I dude.
And if you're intersted to see how I"m doing, write me & I'll let you know how it went.

Cause I am just fed up with this dude.
I can't do it anymore, I won't do it anymore!

I'd rather just.. yeah man.. What's the point of being alive if we're always stressed out like this right?

So that's why, as hard as it is to change- we have to take those steps man.
We have to change! no way around it.

And I know from experience, quitting Weed, Cigarettes & Alcohol.
The Hardest, hardest, hardest part- is facing that addiction, & working on it.

We're addicted to screwing up!
There's a long list of bad habits we have, we stay up late- watch tv, screw around online, that's why were late. Cause we wake up late etc..

The hardest part is getting started.
Once you get started, it gets real easy!
Apply that to anything, washing dishes even. It's so hard to wash dishes- or wash clothes. You see them pile up etc..

But once you get started, it's done in like 20 minutes.

So just get started dude, Look at the time, promise yourself you won't say "Ok, just let me do this other thing first." Nope! Face it in the eye, and deal with it!

Don't give this task just a couple hours of your time.
Tell yourself, This entire day is dedicated to getting my life back!

There is no school today! There is no hanging out today!
Today- We fix this problem! Today, starting at __:____AM I am going to deal with this problem, work on it- until it is changed!

And dude- that's what I'm going to do.

I already know dude, I already KNOW! from experience! Things will Suck hard core if I don't! I will continue to hate myself, and be stressed out everyday. All day, late to everything, missing out on everything, disappointing people & family. If I don't finally face my ADD & get it together.

I have family that want to hang out with me all the time, and I can never make the time cause I'm always behind. My girlfriend, I hardly see her cause I'm always busy at work. The people in the warehouse around me, they close their warehouse between 3PM -4:30PM. I am the last one here!

It's 8PM, and I'm barely leaving now.
I've left here at 11PM everyday for months!

A few times I spent the night here, it got so cold- I slept on the floor & used a trash bag as a blanket.

I hate that! I hate HATE HATE HATE HATE!!!! THAT!!
While the warehouse owners around me have a life!
They get off at 4:30PM, and have time to eat a decent meal, take a shower, see their family & friends. And even watch a little TV, and maybe surf the net. And STILL! get to bed on time, wake up early & be here the next day.

I'm here, always behind- I never get to do anything!
And everything I do- I do a crappy job at!
I mean, I"m not even doing a great job!

You said you feel like you've never really study'd in your life!
One thing I'm supposed to do is follow up with all my customers.
It's actually the thing that's supposed to run this place.
I have never spent the day, doing what I know I should do- and would love to do! I love sales! I love talking to customers on the phone!

But I NEVER DO IT! cause I"m always behind!

That's it dude! You are witnessing a man, making a decision to change.

I am going to get it together dude, you watch!

I hope you do too! Hearing what you're reading.
Sounds like word for word- sounds like me dude. Sounds exactly like me.

Alright man, I hope you do it.
Take care.

Kenny.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to entrepreneurKid For This Useful Post:
AnneMariex3 (10-28-11), user123 (10-27-11)
Old 10-27-11, 11:37 PM

Thank you for taking the time to write that. I'm actually motivated to study now.

So first thing meds- this is just my opinion but I don't think you should start taking them. I kinda wish i didnt start. I mean its not like there gonna fix you. You have to take them everyday in order for them to work.
Example why i dont like it: I have a hard time waking up i litterally have to set up like 7 alarms on my phone ... if i have to wake up at 8:00 am. I have to set it at 7:00, 7:15, 7:30... u get my point but with the meds i take them when right when i wake up and i just lay down untill they kick in and i just want to get up and do stuff. I mean its really good but untill when i'm i going to do that? u know. I really think i have add or something but i feel like i could overcome it with something else. Still trying to figure it out. I always wonder what if i dont have add ... I mean when normal people take adderall they focus, they're productive ... they might think thats normal and how they are is not.... I mean they are doing good in their life ... how can you tell if its making you normal or not. I mean what they are experiencing is good so they assume they have add. (sorry if i confused you) I'm trying to get off of it now slowly so i don't have to take it the rest of my life. I feel like there are some add that is controlable and some that are not and maybe i'm one of the controllable ones or maybe its the way i do stuff or the way think. I don't know. I just hate that i need it everyday!!!! I kinda wish i never knew about it. It changed me to a certain extent but i'm still struggling now. THis is just my opinion ... I'm just trying to figure myself out, you know. and with school the thing that stress me is not the fact that i'm not getting A's. It's just that i actually want to learn and not pass it by. I making A's in all my class except one cause i was sick (long story) but it wasnt hard to get the grade but i am not learning anything when i know i could and i want to so bad but i just dont know. I seriously don't know! Its not that i don't try. I really cant explain and with the time management ... I have a wall calendar, school organizer, Pocket calendar. I have tried everything. I have talk to 2 psychologist and am still the same. I have an exam in the morning and i'm at the school alone this late trying to study but i still can't. I have been planing on getting off this site so i could study for a while now but i guess I'm just looking for an answer i guess. I think been writing for a while. lol Anyways thank you so much for your response. I appreciate it. Oh and sorry about the way I'm writing. My English is not so good. I'm still learning (2nd language). Good luck to you thought with everything. I hope you succeeded.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-11, 09:11 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,000 Times in 14,796 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Op : what's your dosage of vyvanse and xanax? How long have you taken them?

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Marzipan (10-29-11)
Old 10-28-11, 03:08 PM

Hey dude, I'm the same way haha. No kidding! I have a smart phone, if I want to wake up at 7AM, I have to put 7AM, 7:02AM, 7:05AM, 7:07AM.

I do it like every 2-3 minutes. I set it up to go on for like an hour & a half.
Me keep getting up to turn it off sorta wakes me up.

No kidding though, Once I had it like every 8 minutes, and I remember getting up almost 20 times to turn it off, and sleeping for those 7-8 minutes inbetween the alarm.

I like HAVE! to have my 9 hours of sleep, if I wake up anytime before, I'm just too darn sleepy to even come to my senses to wake up.

I know how you feel dude, I feel the same way all the freakin time.

And don't worry about your english, I can't even tell. What country are you from btw?

I think you do have ADD dude.. Cause why would you & I, and all these people here have soooo much in common? That's too much of a coincidence. I'd be happy to hear that I have ADD, cause before- I thought I was just Lazy dude.. And I would try so hard, but still I wouldn't do much.

But yeah man, if we sit around & do the same thing, and don't make a Serious Effort to change something. Then nothing will change.

Like when I was addicted to alcohol, cigarettes, & weed.
I wanted to Change soooo bad! And for 3.5 years straight I dwelled on it! I would talk about it all day everyday, I would HATE! that I still did it.

I couldn't stop!

I would tell people, friends, family, random people I met.. about it. I would just.. hard not to bring it up, it's all that was on my mind. I made it sound like I was trying my hardest to quit- but I still didn't quit.

But really, I just "Wanted" to quit really bad. I never really took the necessary steps to quit. And quitting drugs, it's pretty simple. "Just Don't do it." That's all I had to do, but I'd wake up everyday & do it again, and do it again etc..

So really, it's not like I was taking all those steps too- & I was still messing up.
It's pretty darn clear- if I don't drink, and I don't smoke- I will be sober. And that is what I want! And then I'll get over this, and I'll be happy about it.

As simple as that was, for 3.5 years straight I just hated every day almost..
I never did anything to change! Yes, I really wanted to change, I would tell myself every single day "Ok this is it! I quit!" But in the morning, I would smoke weed again. And screw up that entire day.

So really, it was my fault dude. I know it's addicting, and you like "Can't blame me for it." Cause it's an addicting thing. Everyone has trouble quitting, not just me.

But still, if those are the results I want (Being Sober.) Then I Must take those necessary steps. And quit! And those steps are not opinnion, it's fact. haha. In order to be sober, I have to just not smoke, not drink etc.. There's no other way around it. As much as "not smoking, and not drinking" bring me fear & anxiety. I have to face it dude. So it took me 3.5 years, but finally - one day. I really really, really Applied my mind do it. I applied myself, I faced my addiction- & did something different that day. And I just did not drink or smoke all day. And I did it again the next day, and the next day. Those first 3 days were pretty darn hard, and tricky. I had to keep myself busy, It was some pretty hard work. BUT! After that, it was all Natural. I didn't have to think about it anymore I was 100% Sober for good. And still today, I don't even think about it at all. So it took me 3 days to overcome something that I did for like 7 years straight & felt like it was impossible to quit.

So I know from experience I can do this dude.

I can translate my addiction to those things, to my ADD stuff.

For example, I know! I know!!! I need 9 hours of sleep to function properly through out the day. Any less, I just wont' feel myself. And plus! I will keep snoozing my alarm anyway til it's been close to 9 hours.

And I KNOW!!! I need to be at the office by 9AM. And I know how long it takes me to shower & eat breakfast. So I know what time I need to wake up to be at work by 9AM, prepared & ready to work. I need to wake up about 7:30AM at least.

So for me to get 9 hours, and wake up at 7:30AM, I need to fall asleep by 10:30PM.

And everyday, I tell myself I'm going to do it! I'm going to get to bed by 10PM, and fall asleep by 10:30PM, But I never do it!

I get home, and I just go lazy mode right away!
I like don't want to do ANYTHING!

I just lay on my bed, watch my shows that I DVR'd, and don't even want to get up!
I'll be starving, and so hungry, but don't feel like cooking.

And then other things too- I know I'm down to my last clean pair of pants & last shirt.
I know! That when I wake up, I will have nothing to wear, unless I wash clothes right now. But like an idiot! I still lay there! In my clothes, watching TV. There are like 3 shows that I love, and I want to watch them all- And then like part of my brain ignores all logic!
Like before I got home, I was fully aware that I had just enough time to shower, wash clothes, eat, brush my teeth & be in bed by 10PM.
But then once I get there- I'm like in a totally different mode- ignoring the facts that if I don't wash clothes, I will wake up & have to wash clothes, making me late!
And if I don't shower now, I will stay up super late- cause I can't fall asleep in my clothes- it's too hard.
And if I don't eat now, I will stay up super late cause I'll be too hungry to fall asleep.

So like an idiot, I ignore all that stuff.

I will lay in my bed til like 2AM or 1AM or something,
then finally decide to get up & cook- which takes like 30 minutes, plus I have to eat.

And usually I will not just eat in silence, I have to be doing something while I eat.
Usually watch tv. And I'll keep flipping the channel til I find something good- I won't even eat til I do. Then I get engaged in a 1.5 hour long movie that just started.
It'll take me longer to eat now cause I'm watching a movie- but still even then, I'll probalby finnish eating within 30 minutes. but then I'm sucked into this movie & there's another hour to go.

I know I need to shower,
I know I need to brush my teeth,
I know I need to wash clothes- I ignore all that crap!

I stay up late- trying to finnish that movie- fall asleep in my clothes.

I just doomed myself! The next day is going to be so screwed up cause of my actions from the night time, me not going to bed on time.

I do that every day for the last 3.5 years dude.

And what a coincidence. It was 3.5 years for me to come to my sense & finally apply myself with the Addictions.

And now it's been 3.5 years of me really hating my ADD habits, and I am finally coming to that point where I'm going to actually do something about it- instead of just complaining, hating that I do it, wishing I would stop.

I am in control of the actions the decisions that I make, and the actions that I take.
Not anyone else dude! Even though I have ADD, I am capable of making a decision to do something about it, and taking the steps- making those actions to do something about it!

It may be twice as hard to do then someone else without ADD, but it's not impossible!
I can do it man! And you can too.

Alright dude, here I go- I am going to get my life together.

I am giving myself Today- through Sunday Evening.

Take care dude.
The Following User Says Thank You to entrepreneurKid For This Useful Post:
user123 (10-31-11)
Old 10-29-11, 11:25 AM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,261 Times in 8,226 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by user123 View Post
I'm in the u.s by myself and my parents are so proud of me with my school and everything (basically they're my motivation).
Maybe this is what is getting you down on top of all of the other pressures? I know if I'm forced into something or am doing it without really wanting to do it, I really struggle.

~Paulo Coelho

Last edited by anonymouslyadd; 10-29-11 at 11:35 AM..
Old 10-29-11, 11:33 AM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,261 Times in 8,226 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by user123 View Post
I'm ALWAYS late to class and everywhere else and I mean always.
Understanding time is not a luxury given to the ADD brain. Dr. Hallowell calls it "time-blindness."

This can get better for you. You'll have to have a stopwatch. If I were you, I would time how long it takes for you to get from one place to another. I had to do this with my new job. So, right before I put the car in reverse, I clicked the start thing on my phone. When I pulled up to my destination, I stopped the stopwatch and wrote down the time. You need to subtract that time from the time your class starts. So,at the very latest, you'll leave for class based on the difference. I recommend you tack on an extra 5 or 10 minutes to get yourself situated in class or in case you get distracted by looking at a girl.

~Paulo Coelho
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
Amaryste (11-04-11), user123 (10-31-11)
Old 10-29-11, 11:35 AM
ADDvanced Member

Marzipan has a spectacular aura aboutMarzipan has a spectacular aura about

I'm with sarahsweets: have you tried any other meds? It doesn't sound like yours are doing what they're supposed to do. Most people say their meds help them to study and stop procrastinating. Even if Vyvanse is helping a little bit, that doesn't mean it's the best med for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Marzipan For This Useful Post:
user123 (10-31-11)
Old 10-30-11, 01:07 AM
Contributor

Psychomaze is just really nicePsychomaze is just really nicePsychomaze is just really nicePsychomaze is just really nice

To put it in a few words: "Put yourself into 'damage control mode' and salvage the situation."

I recommend starting with talking to your instructors for help with extending due dates on future assignments or tutoring, spend time in the student success center and ask to see a tutor (even if you don't need one) to help keep you on track instead of drifting off, talk to a crisis cousleor as a quick fix for 'medical assistance' with your 'personal crisis' and then go see a Dr and/or a crisis group (they're easy to find one online).

I honestly wished that I did this so years ago, truth be told.
By taking the time to read my messages in the form of replies or inquires, you accept it as is and agree to my disclaimer of all warranties, express or implied as well as consequential or incidental, that may arise from the sudden drop of sanity and intelligence quota in your brain.

... You have been warned.
The Following User Says Thank You to Psychomaze For This Useful Post:
user123 (10-31-11)
Old 10-31-11, 08:17 PM

User 123, hey man! I have a cool tip on how to help stay organized!
By the way, I feel you man- I've tried everything! But this is an Excellent tool!

Google Calendar- You can have it Text message & email you reminders!
You can have it to bother simultaneously etc..

So you create a gmail account if you haven't already. Which is just google.com & create an account.

Then log in, at the top right- click that gear thing, go to account settings.

Then to Calendar, once you're at calendar, click that gear at the top right again. And click Calendar settings.

From there, just put your phone number etc.. Fill out the bubbles.
For Text messaging it's called "SMS" So when it asks you how you want to be reminded, you can choose Email, SMS, Pop ups.

And you can add like as many reminders as you want. i.e. You can choose to be reminded 10 minutes before "the Task" Via email, Text message & a pop up.

And you can add even more if you'd like, like a reminder 1 hour before, then 30 minutes before, 10 minutes before etc.. Just like how we do with our alarm clocks haha. If you have to wake up at 8AM, Set up that alarm at 7AM, and every 10 minutes after that. haha.

And it is a pretty darn cool Calendar, you can schedule all your upcoming things. Or just do it daily as little reminders etc..

For now, I use it daily just to remind me of certain things like- "Call this guy back"
Or.. "Pay this bill" etc.. or "Buy Water on the way home, cause we're all out." stuff like that..

The calendar on my phone is so/so.. cause it'll just pop up as a reminder, and I can clear it easily & then I won't see it anymore. But since I always see my present text messages. I go there often to text my Girlfriend. It's like right in my face.

So yeah man, that's a cool tool- And the person that told me about it said she also uses an app called Calgoo, which syncs with Google's Calander. Any smart phone can get it iPhone, iPad, Android, whatever.. I didn't get it yet, just tryin this out first..

But yeah dude- That's gotta be the best reminder system I know of so far.

Cause I make a to-do list everyday! But I don't always go back to that list & look at it every 30 minutes to make sure I'm taking care of all the things that are on there. I'll do like the first half of that list, then like the day will get late- & I'll stop looking at it eventually cause I know it's late now, and I have to get home & get ready for bed. And I guess I just automatically assume I'll do the rest of that stuff tomorrow.

But a lot of times, there are things on that list that can not wait!
The must be taken care of today! Which is where that Text message reminder comes in.

Things like- Pay my Credit card! It's Due today! Buy Water or Groceries on the way home, cause we're all out of certain things. Or Call this person back, cause I promised them I would. Or Email this person cause I promised I would. etc..

Alright man take care.
The Following User Says Thank You to entrepreneurKid For This Useful Post:
user123 (10-31-11)
Old 10-31-11, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouslyadd View Post
in case you get distracted by looking at a girl.
I'm a girl by the way lol
Old 10-31-11, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouslyadd View Post
Maybe this is what is getting you down on top of all of the other pressures? I know if I'm forced into something or am doing it without really wanting to do it, I really struggle.
I choose to come here until. I came to learn. I love my major. I love what I'm doing. They never forced me to come here.
Old 10-31-11, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
60 vyvanse and 0.25 xanax and about 3 month. I dont really like the xanax though it makes me tired.
Old 10-31-11, 09:55 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,317 Times in 1,871 Posts
pechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond repute

I can't read this whole thread, some of the posts are way too long.

Just wondering one thing.

Why do you hate that you're on meds??

(Sorry if you've already answered this question.)

"I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread. Ducks love bread, but they can't buy any. That's the biggest joke on the duck ever."
Mitch Hedberg

"You would be the world's worst ninja."
Pechemignonne's boyfriend
The Following User Says Thank You to pechemignonne For This Useful Post:
user123 (10-31-11)
Old 10-31-11, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I'm not sure how long