ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Desoxyn
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Desoxyn methamphetamine hydrochloride (also known as desoxyephedrine)

Old 09-20-18, 12:04 PM

Alphawave is on a distinguished road
Re: Who has benefits in motivation/drive from Desoxyn?

I've taken, with regret, all sorts of things and nothing has cured motivation. Sometimes you just need to get out there and make an effort. Do it yourself and stop waiting for a cure all drug to do it for you. To date, nothing has cured my motivation more than willpower. As far as my other symptoms go? Meds have worked brilliantly.

Edit: actually exercise helps, but you still have to do it in the first place, which requires? Motivation

Last edited by Alphawave; 09-20-18 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: Exercise
Old 09-22-18, 05:08 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,141 Times in 2,896 Posts
Kunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphawave View Post
I've taken, with regret, all sorts of things and nothing has cured motivation. Sometimes you just need to get out there and make an effort. Do it yourself and stop waiting for a cure all drug to do it for you. To date, nothing has cured my motivation more than willpower. As far as my other symptoms go? Meds have worked brilliantly.

Edit: actually exercise helps, but you still have to do it in the first place, which requires? Motivation
But why does exercie help- and hat sort of exercise??

Whenever you see a crowd all rushing in the same direction on any one issue, run in the opposite direction.

There is neither fun nor profit to be had in polishing the brass knobs on a bandwagon.
Nicholas Nasseem Taleb.

Old 09-22-18, 05:40 AM

Alphawave is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunga Dorji View Post
But why does exercie help- and hat sort of exercise??
I run nearly 5 times a week for 30 minutes at a time. It makes me feel wonderful when I've done it. I haven't tried lifting weights to see if that works.

I don't know why it helps it just does. I remember talking to my psychiatrist and mentioned that exercise helps with motivation and she nodded and said "yes, it does", she obviously heard it before.

I'm in my 40's so I can't run very fast but why don't you give it a go? You never know unless you try.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-18, 06:18 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,580 Times in 15,085 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you Alpha. What I struggle with now is I was running about 2-3 miles a day in 30 minutes and it took a solid month for me to be able to do it without dreading it because I HATE running. But I have had 3 hand surgeries in the same year and have an autoimmune disease that is cramping my style and have put off resuming the running. I did notice those feel good endorphins work their magic though.

I carried a watermelon?