ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-12, 12:18 AM

Tonyh81 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Tony in Cincy

Hi I'm Tony a 30 yr old male in Cincy. I was diagnosed at age 18 with ADD but that was it. No treatment, no education, no meds. I'm reading delivered from distraction and it opened my eyes that everything in my life that is screwed up is because of my ADD. I have an appointment Thursday at the affinity center where they specialize in diagnosing and treating ADD. Im hoping that they can help cause right now ADD is ruining my marriage and my life. I just want to be normal.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tonyh81 For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (04-28-12)
Old 04-28-12, 01:14 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 12,146 Times in 7,190 Posts
BR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tony in Cincy

Hi Tony!!!! Welcome to the forums.

I think that you will find that you are not alone here.

"no talk
no, talk
Punctuation is important"
~Abi
The Following User Says Thank You to BR549 For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (04-28-12)
Old 04-28-12, 01:20 AM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,135 Times in 8,154 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Tony. Thank you for joining and sharing your story. I have no doubt that this is a place where you can come for support and information. We have many members who will be willing to guide you through your present struggles.

Props for taking the initiative and reading Driven to Distraction.

Hang in there.
Old 04-28-12, 07:19 AM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 18,421 Times in 9,091 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forums, Tony!

I hope your experience on Thursday will be good and you'll get the help you need.

That clinic is even mentioned in the book You Mean I'm Not Lazy, Stupid, or Crazy? by Kate Kelly and Peggy Ramundo.

Last edited by namazu; 04-28-12 at 07:29 AM..
Old 05-03-12, 12:32 PM
Contributor

beltoller is just really nicebeltoller is just really nicebeltoller is just really nicebeltoller is just really nice

Hey Oppe. I can relate very much with what you posted. Know what its like to go years without treatment and that moment of epiphany when the blinders come off for a bit. There is help. There is hope.

What part of Cinci are you in? Not familiar with the Affinity Centre ( we are up in Mason ) but you are wise to get things moving ASAP, 'cause that moment of realisation, the fog clearing, will only last a little while. The fog will begin to creep in again, believe it or not, and you need to put things in motion while you have the momentum in your favour.