ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-18, 08:53 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,476 Times in 13,280 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute
Dilemma

I'm considering extending my search to outside the area I'm currently looking in for a new friend for Tigger, but I have a dilemma. Getting to some of the other RSPCA branches is going to be harder, even though there's a couple of possibles in those branches. I'd rather avoid asking them both to transfer the possible two cats so I'm not messing the RSPCA around when choosing Tigger's new friend, and I know from Dolly that the RSPCA don't like transferring animals around unless they have to (like when they make the decision this cat will find it easier to find a new home at this branch)

My dilemma: do I extend the search to the point where it's 60 plus miles driving to get a new friend for Tigger or do I wait and see if someone suitable comes into rescue nearer where I live?

This boy is a possible and he's the closer one of the two:

Quote:
Ken is an energetic & sociable cat who is ready to leave the cattery to find his new forever home. Ken likes to play, but can be a little boisterous at times, so would probably be best in a home with older children. Ken seems to enjoy the company of other cats, so may like to be in a home with another feline friend to run around & play with.

Or there's this girl but she's further away than him:

Quote:
Tara is very bouncy, friendly girl who we think is around 1/2 yrs old, she was handed in having been found living in an area for a while on her own. But she had no microchip and also very strangely had had surgery which was very unusual for a girl of her age.

She has just been neutered, vaccinated, wormed, de-fleed and microchipped so is now looking for her new forever home, as no one has come forward to claim her.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

Old 09-16-18, 10:37 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,733 Times in 12,010 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dilemma

They are both beautiful. Especially Ken.

Since I don't know how difficult transportation would be to adopt either of them,
I leave it with my best wishes for you and Tigger to find a new feline friend,
and for both Ken and Tara to find loving fur-ever homes.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (09-16-18)
Old 09-16-18, 12:33 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,881 Times in 1,999 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

It sounds like Ken is easier to get? If so, why not just pick him unless he and Tigger don't get along. Is there a way to test Tigger's relationship with him out before making a permanent decision?
The Following User Says Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (09-16-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-18, 01:41 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,476 Times in 13,280 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

I looked into where both the centres are and both are going to be hard to get to from here, even with transport, so I'll keep looking more local to me I think

As for testing Tigger out with either of them, there's no way of doing that if RSPCA won't transfer either of them closer (I have not asked them but I know from Dolly, who was nearer to me, the answer is very likely to be no)
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm