ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 12-02-18, 07:20 PM
Jr Member

Hodgo77 is on a distinguished road
Medication - and how long it lasts

Hi all,

I seem to be very sensitive to all medications. I've just recently started taking 5mg Dex (fast acting) daily.

My last 5mg tablet I took was Saturday morning. On Sunday night I still felt it in my system and I couldn't sleep properly.

So after 36 hours since my last 5mg Dex tablet it was still in my system.

Anyone else experience this?

I've felt this way too with Ritalin and Vyvanse (long acting).

Dave
Old 12-03-18, 03:26 AM

warmbrew_991 is on a distinguished road
Re: Medication - and how long it lasts

The half-life of dexamphetamine is 12 hours so it's very unusual for it to last 36 hours... maybe try taking your medication with acidic food and on a full stomach so you excrete more in urine?
Old 12-03-18, 05:39 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,632 Times in 15,113 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

You do not know if it was still in your system, maybe something else was going on?

I carried a watermelon?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-18, 09:30 AM
Jr Member

Hodgo77 is on a distinguished road

I’m like this for all stimulant drugs. They always last longer than advertised. I know I was stimulated due to the feeling. It’s hard to describe.

I try to take it as early in the morning as possible to reduce help my sleep that night. Maybe I’ll wait a few hours and take it with breakfast.

I’m so sensitive that Ritalin lasted for 2 days and caused me severe anxiety. Dex is the only stimulant that calms me during the day, but still negatively affects my sleep.

I’ve not taken any today so will see how I sleep tonight and report back.