ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Concerta
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Concerta (methylphenidate) Time released Ritalin - 10 hour long acting tablet.

Old 12-03-18, 10:23 PM

youssefa is on a distinguished road
Prescribed Concerta

I was prescribed 18mg of Concerta about a week and a half ago. I have taken the medicine every day and I didn't feel anything. So 2 days ago I started taking two pills because I was getting frustrated with the results and I still haven't felt any changes. I am a male, 16 years old. 5'11". At 170 pounds 16% body fat. Can anyone tell me anyone methods that can help me feel the effects? Or what I should tell my doctor.
Old 12-04-18, 12:59 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,575 Times in 870 Posts
finallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Prescribed Concerta

Tell your Doctor. Do not take any more or less than prescribed- especially more of a controlled medicine. You will run out before it's time to refill and the pharmacy might not refill it or maybe even the Doc won't write another prescription.

I see that you are in Canada and I'm not sure how things work there but in the US this is a real possibility.
Shame derives it's power from being unspeakable.
Shame corrodes the very part of us that believes we are capable of change.
Shame cannot survive being spoken. It can't survive empathy.