ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Exercise and Nutrition > Exercise
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-18, 12:22 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,011 Times in 2,065 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation
Who here is on an exercise/diet plan, what is it, and how is it going?

Just curious. Also, if anyone ever wants to post an update on how well they are sticking to their plans or if they decided to adjust them some, I'd love to hear updates as well too.

I'm on a low simple carb diet plan since I'm pre-diabetic again now. Sucks, I had actually lost weight and am still within the normal weight range (maybe even the lighter end) but still went back to pre-diabetes after I started eating more sugars again. Seems I'll need to diet for the rest of my life.

In terms of exercise, my plan is to I walk with my ex-coworkers for an hour once a week, exercise in virtual reality games 4 times a week, and also try to do some stretching videos 4 times a week since stretching was recommended by my doctor for my joint issues.

I am succeed on my plan about 50% of the time right now. Hopefully will get better at it though I suspect I may have to adjust my plan some.
The Following User Says Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (12-08-18)
Old 12-08-18, 06:15 PM

Thanked 34,110 Times in 15,441 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who here is on an exercise/diet plan, what is it, and how is it going?

I've thought about doing keto but don't stick to it. Currently one of my daily goals is eatjng at least twice and doing something physical daily. I mostly run trails in GGP.

My most recent bloodwork had my total cholesterol fifty-four points higher than last time (180-234), which I'm told is still fine, but makes me nervous, so I'm wanting to try to eat whatever will keep it on the lower end.

I take meds that can cause metabolic syndrome, cholesterol/lipid problems, diabetes, and something called agranulocytosis. I feel like I should get my diet really clean and consistent because **** is stacked against me. I run four to seven days a week so I'm not worried about getting enough movement. I should practice Tai chi daily, though, because I need the calming and stretching.
Old 12-10-18, 06:31 PM
Jr Member

gateway is on a distinguished road
Re: Who here is on an exercise/diet plan, what is it, and how is it going?

I try to eat as much paleo as I can, I notice that carbs make me somehow sleepy, tired, etc... where as if I only eat protein, I am better balanced.

A couple months ago I was looking psychiatrist in my area in the field of ADD, and found some slides where Paleo Diet was encouraged to my surprise...

I eat carbs in the form of fructose when I need energy (going to the gym)... but mostly I do eat paleo

Exercise does help a lot, I go to the gym at least 2-3 times a week (normally 5 days a week)

I do 10-15 minutes of HIIT in the Treadmill, then I go to lift, right now I am following a program by Jim Stoppani (I could get the pdf before bodybuilding.com required a membership), the program name is shortcut to shred... there is an app called "Strong" for iOS that helps me keep track of my gym progress.

Hope the info helps :-)
Sponsored Links