ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Concerta
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Concerta (methylphenidate) Time released Ritalin - 10 hour long acting tablet.

Old 11-11-12, 10:38 AM
Jr Member

Caleb666 is on a distinguished road
Blurry vision

Hi,

A few weeks ago my doc started me on Concerta: The first week I was to take 18mg, the next week 36mg, etc...

During the first week, I didn't feel a whole lot on 18 mg, but it did sort of help my sleepiness.
On the 3rd day of the 2nd week, I felt palpitations that lasted an hour or so, and the next day they lasted a few hours. I believe the palpitations are related to my anxiety, since in both times they started during class, and I do have palpitations sometimes, but they usually last a couple of seconds -- not hours.
I measured my BP, and it was higher than normal (around 139/75).

So I talked to my doc, and I decided to stop taking the pills over the weekend. But a strange thing happened: when I got back to school, I started noticing that objects that are farther away have become out of focus (a bit blurry), and that I needed to make an effort in order to focus in on them.
I remembered that when I was on the pill, I felt "weird" about my field of vision... something I couldn't really describe.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Is it possible that Concerta permanently damage my eyesight?
Old 11-13-12, 04:36 AM
Jr Member

Caleb666 is on a distinguished road
Re: Blurry vision

My vision is back to normal now! I think I needed to wait a few days until the pill's effects on me were completely gone.