ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Women with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Women with ADD/ADHD This forum is for women to discuss issues related to being a woman with AD/HD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-19, 02:53 PM

IdaOslo is on a distinguished road
ADD and PMS

Hi everyone!
I'm new to this forum and really need some advice on one of my biggest struggles at the moment: PMS making my ADD ten times worse. I'm a single mother with a 3 year old, challenging enough in itself. But during the PMS days, about a week a month, I'm so very far from the mom I need and want to be. All my ADD struggles are so much work. Dealing with constant interruptions from a toddler when I'm trying to focus on something for instance, makes me so stressed and irritated. Getting out the door and remembering everything I have to bring and do before we leave, with a toddler doing the opposite of what she's told drives me nuts. I'm not patient to begin with, but it gets so much worse that week. I'm just so much more chaotic, stressed, irritable and unfocused. Have any of you found solutions that helped?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IdaOslo For This Useful Post:
Daniel1970 (02-05-19), namazu (02-05-19)