ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-19, 08:32 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,979 Times in 7,933 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

(((((((Lun-Luns)))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 02-11-19, 10:06 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,808 Times in 12,511 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
(((((((Lun-Luns)))))))

psycho

everyone who misses someone they love very much

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
namazu (02-11-19), psychopathetic (02-12-19)
Old 02-12-19, 03:33 AM

Thanked 5,545 Times in 2,396 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

I miss my cat. But I feel like by saying it I'm somehow trivializing the losses if parents and spouses and children.

I miss my Dad too but the cat is coming up to a year. I miss her cuddles and her loud purring and I even miss her yelling at me
midnightstar (02-12-19), namazu (02-12-19), psychopathetic (02-12-19), Rebelyell (02-12-19), willow129 (02-12-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-19, 10:45 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorose View Post
I miss my cat. But I feel like by saying it I'm somehow trivializing the losses if parents and spouses and children.

I miss my Dad too but the cat is coming up to a year. I miss her cuddles and her loud purring and I even miss her yelling at me
Pets can be every bit as important to us in our lives as the people in our lives.

I'm sorry for your lose

(((Tudsy)))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (02-12-19), Rebelyell (02-13-19), stef (02-12-19), tudorose (02-12-19)
Old 02-12-19, 11:31 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,696 Times in 14,010 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

I miss precious girl Ebony, my sweetpea

My grandma's not doing well now either, she had a stroke while in the care home and family think one day the carers are going to go into the room and find her gone
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (02-12-19), namazu (02-12-19), psychopathetic (02-12-19), Rebelyell (02-13-19), stef (02-12-19), tudorose (02-12-19)
Old 02-12-19, 12:10 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorose View Post

At our house, pets are definitely family as well.

We lost our second guinea pig about 2 weeks ago. We still find his cage to be
achingly empty. My daughter was going to move it out to the shed, but my
granddaughter would probably have had a meltdown.

Funny kiddo (ASD), she's a trooper about losing family and pets. Of course she
misses them so much. But she freaks out when the furniture is changed around.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (02-12-19), namazu (02-12-19), psychopathetic (02-12-19), stef (02-12-19), tudorose (02-12-19)
Old 02-12-19, 05:34 PM

I got new glasses a couple of weeks ago. I was expecting the thin lens I got
at Zenni online, but they were pop bottle bottoms again. Haven't had to wear
anything that heavy in several years. By the second week I was crying because
they are so heavy on my nose. So I went back and asked for frames that would
give me thinner lens.

Just got a call from the eyeglass place saying the glassed had arrived but they
weren't up to spec and were going back for fine tuning. OMG, $250 and they
even get them right?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (02-12-19), namazu (02-12-19), psychopathetic (02-12-19), tudorose (02-12-19)
Old 02-12-19, 06:30 PM
Contributor

SashaBV will become famous soon enough

I remember the good old days when I could just show up (no appointment), get eyes checked and get my glasses made either at their optical or another one all the same day. What they did to you? No excuses, why weren't the glasses inspected at the source? I heard somewhere that all the glasses nowadays pretty much come from the same place...kind of like a monopoly, which is why they're also so expensive.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SashaBV For This Useful Post:
namazu (02-12-19), psychopathetic (02-12-19)
Old 02-12-19, 06:39 PM

tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
Pets can be every bit as important to us in our lives as the people in our lives.

I'm sorry for your lose

(((Tudsy)))
(((Psycho)))

She was the last one. When we moved into that house there was her, 2 dogs and 2 kids. The dogs passed away and the kids left home and she was the only constant for us through all the terrible things that also happened in that time. When I had PTSD in the early days she'd just sit on me for hours purring away. When I was depressed she was there. When I was sick she was there. We had her for close to 19 years which is a good life and I'm glad she's not suffering but I miss her.
Greyhound1 (02-12-19), Lunacie (02-12-19), psychopathetic (02-12-19)
Old 02-12-19, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBV View Post
I remember the good old days when I could just show up (no appointment), get eyes checked and get my glasses made either at their optical or another one all the same day. What they did to you? No excuses, why weren't the glasses inspected at the source? I heard somewhere that all the glasses nowadays pretty much come from the same place...kind of like a monopoly, which is why they're also so expensive.
I've never been able to do that. When I was a kid, they always had to send off
for the lens and then put them in the frames. Maybe because it was so long ago
or maybe because it was a small town opthometrist?

And for the last 40 years my script has been so strong/complicated the lens
have to be specially made for me. Which makes it more expensive as well as
taking longer.

It was only a voice mail so I don't know if this happens often or not.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
namazu (02-13-19), psychopathetic (02-12-19)
Old 02-13-19, 12:27 AM

Thanked 11,429 Times in 6,061 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I guess you could say my mom was my safe haven.no matter if ya had a crappy day or what ever as long as mom was there everything was ok and she made it ok..now that she's gone there's just no more rock and the uncertainty is just painfully.no one loves you like a mother..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
namazu (02-13-19), psychopathetic (02-13-19), tudorose (02-13-19)
Old 02-13-19, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
I guess you could say my mom was my safe haven.no matter if ya had a crappy day or what ever as long as mom was there everything was ok and she made it ok..now that she's gone there's just no more rock and the uncertainty is just painfully.no one loves you like a mother..
This is absolutely how I felt about my mom.
And now I feel so vulnerable. It's like there's no one in my life that will fight for me and have my back like she did.
No one I feel safe with like I did with her.
Since her passing, I've started to develop a "me vs. the world" attitude. I feel so weak without her on my side.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Rebelyell (02-13-19), tudorose (02-13-19)
Old 02-13-19, 01:28 AM

So as amazing as my cpap machine is...it hasn't fixed everything.

When I sleep...the cpap machine has done wonders for me. It's really quite amazing! I sleep so dang well now...I love the sleep I get.

But that's the thing. I still get insomnia. It comes and goes, but I've been having a tough time with it this past week.
Sometimes I wont have much of an issue going to sleep...but then I'll wake up 3 or 4 hours later needing to use the bathroom...but then I can't fall back asleep. Even though I'll be super tired. I can lay there with my eyes closed and all my lights off for hours. My mind will be racing and I get this physical sensation in my chest...it's like a motor or something...my heart starts pounding and my legs start rapidly dancing around and there's (it's hard to explain) a vibration that goes on in me...very restless...and I can't fall back to sleep.
I've had insomnia ever since I was a kid...and I never have found a way to shut my brain off.

I don't know. I'm just complaining to complain lol >.<'

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (02-13-19), namazu (02-13-19)
Old 02-13-19, 01:39 AM

Thanked 11,429 Times in 6,061 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I totally understand that.i thought I had a fiance and a support system but way my gf or whatever you wanna call her is acting all weird I don't know if I even want someone like this by my side.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (02-13-19), tudorose (02-13-19)
Old 02-13-19, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
I totally understand that.i thought I had a fiance and a support system but way my gf or whatever you wanna call her is acting all weird I don't know if I even want someone like this by my side.
Rebs this is now a self-love decision. You don't deserve to feel worthless. If she doesn't want you she needs to let you go because all the time she's around but not actually with you, the door is closed for the right one to come along.
psychopathetic (02-13-19), Rebelyell (02-13-19)