ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-12, 06:43 PM

dcdennis is on a distinguished road
Wearing an "ADHD" shirt?

I just got a shirt that has "A.D.D." on it with big white letters.... but now I'm thinking hmm to wear or not to wear? before i had that question i was thinking of wearing it on moday(i'm in college) to class or maybe just in the College gym.
There are some that really don't know what A.D.D. is or that it's now called ADHD. but my point is some will think I'm 'special' & i already have a bit of trouble making friends.... & I'll possibly be stereotyped.

WOULD YOU WEAR A SHIRT that has ADHD in bold white letters?

Also i was going to do a bit of a test:
I space out & stare at people... In the gym especially since i go when the medicine has worn off, it's when I get really distracted & people(male&female) think I'm checking them out or think I'm some teenage pervert but some of them have a crush on me since they think i check them out haha so it's good & bad.

SO, I want to see their reaction & how They'll treat me when i wear this shirt. I'm just very curious about it for some reason... & there's approx 2-3weeks of the fall college semester.

It's ever since my psych teacher knew, (through my behavior & b/c there was a chapter on ADD & i answered a lot of that stuff), she treated me nicely & i even went to class late on purpose to see if i was right & i was....
The Following User Says Thank You to dcdennis For This Useful Post:
HolyAlchemyzt (11-19-12)
Old 11-17-12, 07:01 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 7,909 Times in 4,072 Posts
fracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wearing an "ADHD" shirt?

I'm unsure. I wear an autism awareness shirt and I get a few stares but nothing more.

There's always going to be people that make fun, deny, treat you like you're special needs, and are understanding, and others that ignore it and you have no idea what they really think.

I have a feeling that college students could be cruel. I don't know though. I never went.

When you space out try staring at walls or the ceiling. Then people will think you are less a pervert, more weird.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fracturedstory For This Useful Post:
HolyAlchemyzt (11-19-12), Lisa_Mac (11-18-12)
Old 11-17-12, 07:55 PM

PoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud of

I saw a picture on Facebook of someone wearing a T-Shirt with this:

Bart Simpson (to the tune of “I'm Popeye the Sailor Man”): “When I can’t stop my fiddlin’, I just takes me Ritalin, I’m poppin’ and sailin’, man!” (“Brother’s Little Helper,” Season 11, episode 2, aired 10/3/99)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PoppnNSailinMan For This Useful Post:
Buzz23 (11-18-12), fracturedstory (11-17-12), FroGpants (11-20-12), HolyAlchemyzt (11-19-12), RogerL63 (11-20-12), Spacemaster (11-19-12)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-12, 01:24 AM
Contributor

demuregeek is a name known to alldemuregeek is a name known to alldemuregeek is a name known to alldemuregeek is a name known to alldemuregeek is a name known to alldemuregeek is a name known to alldemuregeek is a name known to all

I'm not very "out" about my diagnosis yet (was just diagnosed last week) but sometime soon I totally want to get one of these t-shirts:

amberwillow (11-18-12), ana futura (11-18-12), Electra2 (11-19-12), Gilthranon (11-20-12), HolyAlchemyzt (11-19-12)
Old 11-18-12, 01:59 AM
Artisan of Shenanigans

Thanked 4,767 Times in 3,105 Posts
Conman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond repute

there was a shirt he wore in Charlie Bartlett that says

People like YOU
Are the reason people like Me
Need Medication

i thought it was funny and makes sense. i dont know if id wear it too much now though

-Hunter S. Thompson
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Conman For This Useful Post:
ana futura (11-18-12), Electra2 (11-19-12), Gilthranon (11-20-12), HolyAlchemyzt (11-19-12), Spacemaster (11-19-12)
Old 11-18-12, 02:01 AM

Thanked 6,238 Times in 3,063 Posts
ana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond repute

I love the AD/HD AC/DC shirt! I have been coveting that for a while.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ana futura For This Useful Post:
Electra2 (11-19-12), HolyAlchemyzt (11-19-12), Lisa_Mac (11-18-12)
Old 11-18-12, 03:23 AM

Thanked 4,850 Times in 2,101 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't do it. I like to choose who I tell and I don't like it when people judge me before they get to know me. I think it would make me paranoid.
HolyAlchemyzt (11-19-12), Lisa_Mac (11-18-12), Spacemaster (11-19-12)
Old 11-18-12, 08:19 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,648 Times in 14,609 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

How about this shirt ......" ADHD accept it or f**k off. "

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Conman (11-20-12), demuregeek (11-18-12), Electra2 (11-19-12), Gilthranon (11-20-12), HolyAlchemyzt (11-19-12), Hyperman87 (11-18-12), Jeftheginger (11-10-16), jomadado (11-19-12), SpaceBaby (11-18-12), Spacemaster (11-19-12), stef (11-20-12), tudorose (11-19-12)
Old 11-18-12, 08:31 AM
Forum Guru

SpaceBaby has a spectacular aura aboutSpaceBaby has a spectacular aura about

I've become very self-conscious after high school and I've also become very self-conscious about what I stare at to the point where I look like an autistic kid staring at everything else except people...

I'm not sure I would even need an ADD t-shirt, my ADD is fairly obvious
The Following User Says Thank You to SpaceBaby For This Useful Post:
HolyAlchemyzt (11-19-12)
Old 11-18-12, 09:46 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,313 Times in 639 Posts
Hyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant future

I need to get me one of those seriously.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hyperman87 For This Useful Post:
Electra2 (11-19-12), HolyAlchemyzt (11-19-12)
Old 11-19-12, 04:11 PM
ADDvanced Member

wreckseetee will become famous soon enough

I got an adhd shirt from a co-worker at our x-mas party...that was about 10 years ago, it has never been worn...will go down as the worst present I've ever gotten (and that is a list that includes year old regifted fruit cake)...not gonna wear one.
The Following User Says Thank You to wreckseetee For This Useful Post:
HolyAlchemyzt (11-19-12)
Old 11-19-12, 04:22 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

lalapin is a glorious beacon of lightlalapin is a glorious beacon of lightlalapin is a glorious beacon of lightlalapin is a glorious beacon of lightlalapin is a glorious beacon of lightlalapin is a glorious beacon of light

I would wear the ad/hd (ac/dc) shirt as a pajama. Not in public. I had set my laptop background to that ad/hd picture and I was super selfconscious when someone looked at it so.. I knew I would never wear the t-shirt in public!
The Following User Says Thank You to lalapin For This Useful Post:
HolyAlchemyzt (11-19-12)
Old 11-19-12, 04:43 PM
Contributor

gatorADDe has a spectacular aura aboutgatorADDe has a spectacular aura about

I wouldn't but that's just me
The Following User Says Thank You to gatorADDe For This Useful Post:
HolyAlchemyzt (11-19-12)
Old 11-19-12, 04:59 PM

Thanked 1,105 Times in 796 Posts
Electra2 is a glorious beacon of lightElectra2 is a glorious beacon of lightElectra2 is a glorious beacon of lightElectra2 is a glorious beacon of lightElectra2 is a glorious beacon of lightElectra2 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckseetee View Post
I got an adhd shirt from a co-worker at our x-mas party...that was about 10 years ago, it has never been worn...will go down as the worst present I've ever gotten (and that is a list that includes year old regifted fruit cake)...not gonna wear one.
Send it to me I'd love to wear it
FroGpants (11-20-12), HolyAlchemyzt (11-19-12), jomadado (11-19-12)
Old 11-19-12, 08:26 PM
Jr Member

jomadado is on a distinguished road

I have that shirt. Actually, I have 8 of them... I'm the guy who made that shirt. I have crazy ADD, and that is why I wrote the quote back in May of 2009.

When I wear the shirts in public, I get a lot of compliments from people who have ADD. I also receive messages from people who said that the quote has allowed them to open up to others about their struggles with ADD & ADHD. Humor has opened doors for those who have dealt with the madness of ADD. It's allowed them to talk openly with others. That's the best thing to hear from people. A goofy little ADD quote that I wrote has made people smile & laugh, but best of all, it's helped others with ADD open up. It makes me very happy.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jomadado For This Useful Post:
ana futura (11-19-12), Electra2 (11-19-12), lalapin (11-19-12), slipstrm (11-20-12)