ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-19, 10:23 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,378 Times in 12,312 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Feel i'm not creative as others of my level of intelligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighWolf View Post
Right. Now that you put it in the context of other people's creativity, and mention yours, it's easy enough to see. I wonder if that desire for appreciation is a tip-off to something being a creative act. One doesn't admire the purely logical or mathematical, like an algorithm. While you can have admiration for concepts, no one would gaze at or be inspired by a ratio, let alone ask for another or wonder how you accomplished it. Creative things are meant to be shared and admired. I even consider a creative medication plan that works a better achievement than a "treat as usual" that works. And it's nice to have someone appreciate that and ask you how you arrived at the notion.

Why not share your creative endeavors here?
Have you never watched The Big Bang Theory? One most certainly can admire
the purely logical or mathematical if that's where one's interest lies. And as the
scientific journals show, they can be and are shared and admired.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 02-13-19, 09:16 PM

LeighWolf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
Have you never watched The Big Bang Theory? One most certainly can admire
the purely logical or mathematical if that's where one's interest lies. And as the
scientific journals show, they can be and are shared and admired.
No I haven't. I get your point and agree. I think I am not sure how to convey the difference between something that is mechanical and admirable vs something that is creative and admirable. I love chemistry and enjoy chemical structure and function. It's my major interest. But what I feel observing a compound's apparent behavior is different than what I feel hearing soaring and well played music. Boy, those can be considered to be awfully close in many ways. And both beautiful, admirable and inspiring. But I don't create with chemistry. I observe it, interact with it, manipulate and describe it. Creative acts are different.

Or maybe they're not, in which case the whole creative vs not creative would seem to be moot?
Old 02-13-19, 11:56 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,378 Times in 12,312 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighWolf View Post
No I haven't. I get your point and agree. I think I am not sure how to convey the difference between something that is mechanical and admirable vs something that is creative and admirable. I love chemistry and enjoy chemical structure and function. It's my major interest. But what I feel observing a compound's apparent behavior is different than what I feel hearing soaring and well played music. Boy, those can be considered to be awfully close in many ways. And both beautiful, admirable and inspiring. But I don't create with chemistry. I observe it, interact with it, manipulate and describe it. Creative acts are different.

Or maybe they're not, in which case the whole creative vs not creative would seem to be moot?
Is it not the same kind of thing when someone takes a musical instrument
(including the voice) and manipulates it to create something?

Something which can be beautiful, but also may not be beautiful.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Sponsored Links