ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-19, 01:13 AM

Kimberdanette is on a distinguished road
Hi y'all

I have add and now my doctor wants me to be tested for bi-polar disorder. I have a lot of health problems and never feel good. I'm struggling with depression now. I cry all the time and am never happy. I've been married to the same man for almost 23 years, he doesn't want to know anything about any of my conditions. He thinks I'm lazy and crazy.
I'm from the south. He moved me 800 miles away from my family. We've been here for going on 14 years. I don't have one friend. I hope I can hear from some folks that are in my situation. I need to talk to some people. All the talking I ever do is to my animals. I have two dogs, three cats and 15 chickens. I live out in the country and I don't drive. I had an accident in August of 2017. Got a DUI for the Meds I take. I'm going to visit my family tomorrow. I'll be riding on the train. I'm going to try to find an attorney while I'm there to help get my license back.
So, that's a lot of information about me. Let me hear from some of you?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimberdanette For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (01-01-19), someothertime (01-01-19)
Old 01-01-19, 02:50 AM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 15,716 Times in 7,558 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hi y'all

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear you are struggling and dealing with so much.

I’ve been dealing and struggling with depression lately, anxiety and OCD for 20 years and adhd all my life. I’ve been triggered by the murder of my best friends brother recently and major major issues with our daughter.

That’s a bit about me since you asked. Good luck with an attorney and getting your license back.

Cheers to a better year for us all.
Old 01-01-19, 09:41 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,250 Times in 13,727 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum

I've got a few mental health conditions - anxiety, depression, OCD and a learning difficulty

Look forward to getting to know you
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-19, 09:45 AM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

Welcome !
Old 01-01-19, 11:39 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,829 Times in 15,216 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

WTh happened that you got a DUI? I hope you fought it. Your husband is supposed to be your partner. I would provide him with information about mental health issues and demand that you go to couples therapy so he can hear from a professional that he is in the wrong. I cant imagine my husband treating me that way. I too have been married for 23 years and my husband stayed with me through hard times including alcoholism and we are so in love it would make you puke. I think you need to try and get the courage, take back your power and lay it out for him. Do not back down. And if after all of that he still behaves the same way consider a temporary separation and go stay with family for a little while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberdanette View Post
I have add and now my doctor wants me to be tested for bi-polar disorder. I have a lot of health problems and never feel good. I'm struggling with depression now. I cry all the time and am never happy. I've been married to the same man for almost 23 years, he doesn't want to know anything about any of my conditions. He thinks I'm lazy and crazy.
I'm from the south. He moved me 800 miles away from my family. We've been here for going on 14 years. I don't have one friend. I hope I can hear from some folks that are in my situation. I need to talk to some people. All the talking I ever do is to my animals. I have two dogs, three cats and 15 chickens. I live out in the country and I don't drive. I had an accident in August of 2017. Got a DUI for the Meds I take. I'm going to visit my family tomorrow. I'll be riding on the train. I'm going to try to find an attorney while I'm there to help get my license back.
So, that's a lot of information about me. Let me hear from some of you?

I carried a watermelon?
Old 01-31-19, 10:48 PM
ADDvanced Member

Daniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, sounds like you're getting an attorney for the wrong thing. You're not crazy, you're just in a bad situation.

Be yourself, and the rest will follow.

Breathing is not optional. - Dr. Raymond Wertheim

What do you care what other people think? - Arline Feynman, to her husband, American physicist Richard P. Feynman

D.
Old 02-03-19, 01:14 AM

LeighWolf is on a distinguished road

Tested for bipolar? Can't he diagnose you himself? Have you read much about it? I think in a situation such as you describe it would be abnormal NOT to be acting "bipolar". Sounds like you've been positioned in a lock-box and the only ways out involve major work on your part or possibly escape via meds that might get you a DUI. That's an awful situation. Please know that I'm sincere and not taking a dig at your med regimen whatever that might be. or the possibility that you might actually have bipolar disorder. There are serious questions to ponder here and I'm not your doc, so I'm just putting those thoughts out there for you.

I think you'll find a lot of kindness here. Not "nice" as in false shows of sympathy, but actual dignity validating kindness. I've been treated very well no matter how irritating I might sometimes be. Welcome!
Old 02-11-19, 01:49 PM

AlonsoLow is on a distinguished road

That sounds like a delicate situation, to say the least. How have you been doing lately, Kimberdanette?

Also, hello to the community from myself as well.