ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Old 04-18-17, 08:21 PM
Contributor

Lloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Stimulants affect my writing negatively

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhl1945 View Post
I have OCD and Adhd-inattentive.

I've been prescribed with quite high dosage of Adderall Xr, Ir, Vyvanse so far.
I just realized that I write differently while on stimulants,

Good
- I don't get distracted for a long time

Bad
- Time flies 2-3 times fast while writing something
- Inefficient since I keep editing for hours, and quite hard to control myself not to do so.
- As a result, I spend 2-3hours on a single posting or email.
- but the quality of writing isn't better.

In short, decreased productivity with increased focus.

I wonder if it's common side effect (which I should learn how To deal with)
Or it means my dosage might be too high.
How much mg of each? Adderall XR and IR?! I was on both at once awhile back (XR 30mg 2x a day and IR 20mg 1x a day) and I was tweaking hardcore, it was really bad. Now I take just the IR 20 mg 3x (sometimes 4x if I have to cram for school work) Just take multiple breaks between your work editing, you'll notice those 'typos' if you step away from the PC for a little bit.