ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Exercise and Nutrition > Exercise
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-09, 10:42 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,349 Times in 1,288 Posts
mADD mike has a reputation beyond reputemADD mike has a reputation beyond reputemADD mike has a reputation beyond reputemADD mike has a reputation beyond reputemADD mike has a reputation beyond reputemADD mike has a reputation beyond reputemADD mike has a reputation beyond reputemADD mike has a reputation beyond reputemADD mike has a reputation beyond reputemADD mike has a reputation beyond reputemADD mike has a reputation beyond repute
New Get Fit Club Thread

Hey everybody! I thought that since we've moved away from the medal system, it would be nice to get a fresh start. We have a new logo, and more relaxed rules, so here is a new thread to discuss what we're doing.

To get your logo for use in your signature, please go here:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o99/shemwelljr/GFCGreenBlackLargeLetters100.jpg

Once you use that url in your browser, you will see our new logo. You can either right click the logo and save it to your computer, and then upload it here to your sig, or you can right click and copy the url at the top of the page and use that by putting it in rather than uploading your saved picture. Or, you can just highlight and copy the red url above and put it in your sig, which is even easier. It is up to you which way you want to use it.

Now that you have your new sig, let's go to the new rules:

1. We will post results every Friday, like always. I will start a new thread each and every Friday, usually Thursday night just so I don't forget. I'm an ADDer, after all . Please let us know what you did this week to improve your life by exercising. The purpose of this group is to help you IMPROVE your life with exercise above and beyond what you ordinarily do. You aren't improving if you just do your ordinary daily activities, so we encourage you to reach out and do something above and beyond. Let us know what you did, which will encourage us to do more too.

2. Use this thread to let us all know what you're doing throughout the week, to ask questions, get help, etc. Keep in touch with everyone here, introduce yourself if you're new, and welcome others.

Pretty simple, eh?

We're all in this together. We've all struggled at times, we've all experienced some level of success, no matter where we are or what we're doing, we all have one thing in common, and that is our ADD. Exercise can help, and we want to try and help reach out to others so that they too might gain the additional boost that exercise can give.

If you see a newbie, welcome them. If you notice someone missing, send them a pm and encourage them to come back. Maybe they just need a little push, or just forgot to come here and report what they've been up to.

Welcome to the ADD Forums Get Fit Club!

Mike

Last edited by mADD mike; 01-15-09 at 10:53 AM.. Reason: Google Chrome formatting issue
The Following User Says Thank You to mADD mike For This Useful Post:
mydsrtsky (03-04-09)
Old 01-16-09, 05:05 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

justcallmedorie has a spectacular aura aboutjustcallmedorie has a spectacular aura about
Re: New Get Fit Club Thread

Nice! It was 0 degrees this morning and is supposed to be as low tonight. Needless to say, I didn't get out. Next week should be better.

It's really nice to have a shiny new thread! Thanks!!!
Old 01-16-09, 07:01 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,124 Times in 12,779 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Ok count me in!
of course I have no results to post yet I just read this now...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
mADD mike (01-16-09), Prusilusken (01-18-09)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-09, 08:10 PM
Contributor

20trackedmind is a glorious beacon of light20trackedmind is a glorious beacon of light20trackedmind is a glorious beacon of light20trackedmind is a glorious beacon of light20trackedmind is a glorious beacon of light

Ok! I am here. Welcome everyone. I hope this makes life a little simpler for you mike. Thanks for all your hard work.

Follow this to the ADD Forums Get Fit Club:
http://www.addforums.com/forums/show...682#post627682
Old 01-16-09, 10:53 PM
Forum Guru

Prusilusken is a splendid one to beholdPrusilusken is a splendid one to beholdPrusilusken is a splendid one to beholdPrusilusken is a splendid one to beholdPrusilusken is a splendid one to beholdPrusilusken is a splendid one to beholdPrusilusken is a splendid one to beholdPrusilusken is a splendid one to behold

Hi everybody and welcome!
I reeeeaally should get to bed, but I'll see if I can't change my sig before I do.
I'll post in this weeks exercise thread tomorrow.

Thanks for your work, encouragement and the new lovely, very energetic logo, Mike!
Old 01-17-09, 10:40 AM

Thanked 1,633 Times in 883 Posts
FrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud of

Hi Stef!
The Following User Says Thank You to FrazzleDazzle For This Useful Post:
stef (01-18-09)
Old 01-17-09, 01:10 PM

mADD mike has a reputation beyond reputemADD mike has a reputation beyond reputemADD mike has a reputation beyond reputemADD mike has a reputation beyond reputemADD mike has a reputation beyond reputemADD mike has a reputation beyond reputemADD mike has a reputation beyond reputemADD mike has a reputation beyond reputemADD mike has a reputation beyond reputemADD mike has a reputation beyond reputemADD mike has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to everyone migrating over, and I'm glad you all seem to like the logo!

Welcome to the group Stef!

Dorie, we've been having those zero degree days too. Not fun. Our poor work truck with 206,000 miles on it kind of looks at us like, you have GOT to be kidding, when we start it in the morning, lol. The cold is hard on everything.

I like the new medal-less format because it gives me less keeping track to do. However, I also like it because in the past, I would keep up with people and if someone stopped showing up, I would contact them via pm to let them know we missed them and hoped to see them back. It helped a lot of people along, just to know somebody cared. With everything going on, and falling behind on keeping track of things, it was hard to do that anymore. So, not only myself, but any one of you, can reach out to people that have quit showing up and see if you can help them to get going again. Just a quick note to tell them we've missed them down in the Get Fit Club is sometimes all it takes.

So, when I get a bit of time, I'm going to go through the old Welcome thread and see who we are missing. Maybe we can get some to come back with the new format. There is strength in numbers, and I like seeing a big group playing along. It is encouraging.

Glad to see all of you over here so far!

Mike
The Following User Says Thank You to mADD mike For This Useful Post:
stef (01-18-09)
Old 01-18-09, 02:32 PM
Contributor

20trackedmind is a glorious beacon of light20trackedmind is a glorious beacon of light20trackedmind is a glorious beacon of light20trackedmind is a glorious beacon of light20trackedmind is a glorious beacon of light

Seems like we are going to actually have a day above 55 degree here. I am going to make the most of it! Maybe even go for a long walk with the kids in the wagon.

Old 01-18-09, 02:44 PM

FrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud of

I like the new logo thingy too, Mike, especially since it will absolve you of the extra work. :-)

20 ~ a wagon walk with the kids sounds like fun! Weather-wise here, we are pushing close to 80 degrees, I'll push some warm air your way!
Old 01-18-09, 02:48 PM
Contributor

Thanks Frazz! Spring is around the corner and then this thread should take off. Nice weather makes you want to get outside and move!

Old 01-18-09, 04:01 PM

I have a nifty little rebounder I got from the infomercial, and I use it all the time for the cardio workout when it's too hot here to do it outside. I like it alot, it's really easy on the joints, and I can dance on it and watch TV at the same time with music in the background.
Old 01-19-09, 08:55 AM
Forum Guru

Prusilusken is a splendid one to beholdPrusilusken is a splendid one to beholdPrusilusken is a splendid one to beholdPrusilusken is a splendid one to beholdPrusilusken is a splendid one to beholdPrusilusken is a splendid one to beholdPrusilusken is a splendid one to beholdPrusilusken is a splendid one to behold

I'm sorry, I'm confused...did I miss a friday thread, does anyone know?
Was there a thread for jan 16th?
Old 01-19-09, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prusilusken View Post
I'm sorry, I'm confused...did I miss a friday thread, does anyone know?
Was there a thread for jan 16th?
Yes, if you go to the Exercise Forum, and click on it, it (the one for Jan 16) is stickied. Grafter puts them up each week at the top. I put a link to it in the old GFC thread, along with a link to this new thread. It is up and ready for your results.
Old 01-19-09, 09:51 PM
Forum Guru

Oh, thanks, Mike! *blushing*
Old 01-20-09, 12:27 PM
Contributor

Frazz, what is a rebounder? Sorry for my ignorance. Is it like a trampoline? Sounds great for indoor exercising.

Yesterday I walked for about an hour and today it is back on the wii for some strength exercises.