ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Old 10-02-17, 07:17 AM
ADDvanced Member

EuropeanADHD is a jewel in the roughEuropeanADHD is a jewel in the roughEuropeanADHD is a jewel in the rough
Re: The "I Have a New Job" Thread

I used to complain here about my job and how many times I've been rejected when applying for new jobs.

I now found a new job, which I accepted.

...and I'm getting crazy overthinking whether I did the right thing The position is interesting, I will learn a lot. It also means a solid progression compared to my current position (let's say I was an "assistant project manager", my new position is a "senior project manager" - sounds much better, doesn't it?). The company is good too.

However, the salary is considerably (about 15%) lower than I expected and what most of the remaining positions I've applied for would pay (but at these other companies, even if the companies wanted me, I would never become a senior PM), although it's still better than what I earn now.

And during my current position any career progression was impossible. I'm afraid I will be in exactly the same position at my next job.

Basically I'm very anxious about all that. What do you think?
The Following User Says Thank You to EuropeanADHD For This Useful Post:
FlipperTheWhale (11-26-17)
Old 11-26-17, 11:26 PM

FlipperTheWhale is a jewel in the roughFlipperTheWhale is a jewel in the roughFlipperTheWhale is a jewel in the rough

It sounds good to me. Earning more and interesting work. I say enjoy it for a while, there will be other chances down the road elsewhere if need be.
Old 11-27-17, 09:45 AM
ADDvanced Member

allesandro1 has a spectacular aura aboutallesandro1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekahboo714 View Post
Today is my first day of working after a year-long hiatus. I really wanted to apply for disability but didn't have the support of crucial family members. Right now I'm temping as a receptionist (and I'm writing this on the clock because there's absolutely nothing for me to do here today!).

I had major panic attacks before coming to work today and that's pretty normal for me when I'm working. I don't know how long this will last. If it fails again then I will file for disability--support or no support.
I get that. I waited too late to apply for disability. Of course the older you are the easier it is to get it. when your young, they always turn you down unless you've been in a psych hospital multiple times and carry a diagnosis of psychosis because your hearing voices, and in addition to that can demonstrate that your disability has caused you to be unable to sustain work. then you can work part time and still get disability, get training, and even get OVR to pay for college or other training school. wish someone had told me that when I was a lot younger
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-17, 10:55 AM
ADDvanced Member

allesandro1 has a spectacular aura aboutallesandro1 has a spectacular aura about

Started my new job in September of this year. After not having worked for anyone else in 17yrs. I didn't realize how my ADD would come into play with regard to time management and remembering computer functions. what a nightmare. I think I finally got it now, however I am struggling now with the fact that I associate the place with negative feelings now. I was excited to start back in September, but now I just feel anxious a lot and lonely--like the only ADD kid in the classroom who keeps get yelled at by the teacher for screwing up. As yet, I don't really have any closure for this, I'm kind of stuck. would appreciate any suggestions