ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

Old 12-22-16, 02:32 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,557 Times in 6,500 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Not feeling loved or liked

How things change with time...

liked: yes
loved: yes, well and true, for who I am...the real deal...gobsmacked, I am.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Pilgrim (12-22-16), stef (12-23-16)
Old 12-23-16, 10:13 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,584 Times in 15,086 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the freeing thing I discovered. What people think of me is none of my business. easier said then done. One day dealing with a "friend" who always handed out advice with words like "You should" "you need to" and "do this" I told her that if she didnt have the ability to listen instead of try and run the show to go f**k herself. It had major shock value and the friendship fell away. But other people I have had to get this harsh with back off and reassess their motives and have even apologized to me! Now there is a time and place- I wouldnt tell a social worker to go f** themselves but not many are immune.
Its the truth. I am who I am and I am a good person trying to do the next right thing. If its not what they think I should be doing well f**K THEM. They are not me.

Also many of the advice givers fail to heed their own advice.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-23-16), Amazingnoone (06-28-17), excel (03-07-17), stef (12-23-16)
Old 10-06-18, 07:51 PM

Thanked 1,033 Times in 612 Posts
excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

We all have the desire to be liked by others
The Following User Says Thank You to excel For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-06-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-18, 09:23 PM

Thanked 21,515 Times in 11,542 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to cry, I may not be able to stop.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
carrythestars (10-07-18), excel (10-06-18)