ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

Old 08-30-18, 04:13 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,567 Times in 15,079 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Caught My Wife

I mean..I totally get it about feeling betrayed or violated but..its your wife. If this was a habit for her I can see the need for extreme reactions but if this really really was the first time I feel like she deserves the benefit of the doubt. Not everyone understands the dangers of medicine or the struggle we have getting it because of the way its classified. You might be thinking how could she not know...but I swear there are people out there who really do not get it. The thing is...I would really go over everything with a fine tooth comb. Have you ever been short by a single pill? Has any other medicine gone missing or having been taken quickly or run out? Even if its over the counter. Have your kids ever been given meds that mysteriously disappear? As far as locking them up.. We locked our kitchen cabinet when my other daughter was living with us but my husband has the key. Our combo safe? He has the combo. I would not be comfortable having things locked up to keep them away from him.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Adenosine (10-06-18), Hermus (08-31-18)
Old 08-30-18, 04:54 PM

Srjs28 is on a distinguished road

I am starting to come around but my initial thought was I could kill her. Maybe she is naive to the fact. I don’t know yet. She is awfully apologetic.
I have never been short on any meds, I keep track of the days so I know when I can get my refill. I always end up at 30 days. Had I not caught her and ended up short on my meds I don’t know who I would have blamed. And I guarantee she would not have fessed up to it.
But I am still getting the new safe
Old 08-30-18, 06:28 PM
Mod-A-holic

sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

You seriously believe that your wife would let like..your kids take the fall if you ran short on your meds?

I carried a watermelon?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-18, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
You seriously believe that your wife would let like..your kids take the fall if you ran short on your meds?
No never. She wouldn’t do that but then we would never blame our kids. If I were to be short before today I would blame myself for screwing up somewhere
Old 08-31-18, 05:17 AM
Mod-A-holic

I guess what I am thinking about is what you said about her never confessing if you didnt catch her. That is a problem.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 08-31-18, 07:25 AM

Quote:
I guess what I am thinking about is what you said about her never confessing if you didnt catch her. That is a problem.
Yea. I agree. Most definitely. We are still talking about the situation and I’m trying to figure out how to wrap my head around this
Old 08-31-18, 08:34 AM
ADDvanced Member

BrandyDW is a jewel in the roughBrandyDW is a jewel in the roughBrandyDW is a jewel in the rough

Get the new safe and at least stop worrying about your meds..

On Adderall for ADHD, lyrica for Fibromyalgia, lexapro and viibryd for depression and anxiety, cosentyx for psoriasis, cyclosporine for IC,
Old 08-31-18, 10:21 AM
Mod-A-holic

I really think you need to reevaluate some things. The fact that you do not think she would fess up...and the fact that you feel like you need a new safe for her is something I would think about.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Hermus (08-31-18)
Old 08-31-18, 11:04 AM
ADDvanced Member

BrandyDW is a jewel in the roughBrandyDW is a jewel in the roughBrandyDW is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I really think you need to reevaluate some things. The fact that you do not think she would fess up...and the fact that you feel like you need a new safe for her is something I would think about.
Yeah but this isn’t enough to end a 22 year relationship - it may be enough for counseling

On Adderall for ADHD, lyrica for Fibromyalgia, lexapro and viibryd for depression and anxiety, cosentyx for psoriasis, cyclosporine for IC,
Old 08-31-18, 11:12 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,752 Times in 2,462 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute

To me it seems there is a bigger trust issue in your relationship that was already present before she took the adderall. First, the fact that you have a safe that only you have the keys of and she is not allowed to enter. Second, the believe that she wouldn't have told you if you would have run short on meds.

It sounds to me like you are very protective of your stuff as well. If I understand you correctly it's not as much taking meds itself that bothers you, but more the fact that she tried to take it from you.

I think those are things to work with and maybe you can let go of the topics of the meds a bit.
Old 10-06-18, 12:18 PM
Contributor

Adenosine has a spectacular aura aboutAdenosine has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
To me it seems there is a bigger trust issue in your relationship that was already present before she took the adderall. First, the fact that you have a safe that only you have the keys of and she is not allowed to enter. Second, the believe that she wouldn't have told you if you would have run short on meds.

It sounds to me like you are very protective of your stuff as well. If I understand you correctly it's not as much taking meds itself that bothers you, but more the fact that she tried to take it from you.

I think those are things to work with and maybe you can let go of the topics of the meds a bit.
I keep my meds locked up.
Old 10-06-18, 04:31 PM
ADDvanced Member

SashaBV will become famous soon enough

I might keep them locked up if there were anyone around other than DH and I. We both have meds (including controlled stuff) but we trust each other.
The Following User Says Thank You to SashaBV For This Useful Post:
Adenosine (10-08-18)
Old 10-08-18, 03:04 PM
Contributor

Adenosine has a spectacular aura aboutAdenosine has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBV View Post
I might keep them locked up if there were anyone around other than DH and I. We both have meds (including controlled stuff) but we trust each other.
I’m not so much concerned about my family stealing it, but my sister has some friends who’ve abused prescription drugs in the past, and you can never be too careful.
Old 10-09-18, 04:51 PM
ADDvanced Member

DanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to all

I just have to be careful that I don't drop a pill where the 2 year old can pick it up and stick it in her mouth!

But other than that, thankfully I don't have to worry about this yet. Maybe when my kids are older and sketchy kids come over?

Be yourself, and the rest will follow.

Breathing is not optional. - Dr. Raymond Wertheim

What do you care what other people think? - Arline Feynman, to her husband, American physicist Richard P. Feynman

D.
Old 10-10-18, 02:52 PM
Forum Guru

Thanked 1,924 Times in 697 Posts
Jacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond repute

I think we all have our weak moments. Let your wife have hers. She's only human.

If things like these keep happening, sure, then there is a real issue. And do talk this through, so you can regain your trust in your wife, and so she understands why it is this important to you, and ultimately that you can let this go and go back to having a good time together.

Also, think about how you would react if she caught you doing something less then perfect like this (for example when you are tired or stressed) and how you would want her to respond.