ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Concerta
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Concerta (methylphenidate) Time released Ritalin - 10 hour long acting tablet.

Old 06-01-18, 03:30 PM

mbmbmb is on a distinguished road
One Month - I am Homeless - Thank You ADHD!

SITUATION

I'm one month away from going homeless. Im not exaggerating this at all. No income for 3 months already and big debts coming to a deadline. No friends or relatives to help. At least I have a car to live in. Im not depressed yet and I know that I will overcome this one day.

I know every step I should take to fix my life. I have the expertise to take those steps. But I just can't take them. I've been working extremely slowly on one project for 6 months. About 70% is completed. I cannot continue now. When i try my brain seems to erase all those boring and difficult tasks that I must do to launch the project. It's crazy that going homeless is not enough of a push to start being productive. So i invested last bits of money getting diagnosed and buying Concerta, never tried ADHD meds before.

CONCERTA

Day one: 18mg Concerta - At times harder to focus than usual. Zero productivity. No physical side effects. Feeling better in the evening.

Day two: 32mg Concerta - Easier to focus than yesterday. Zoning out easily. No physical side effects. Feels like the meds stars working after 10 hours.

Day three: 32mg Concerta - Brain is working worse than usually. At times more irritable than before. Got dry mouth in the early evening and slightly appetite loss. Again, feeling more focused when Concerta wears off then I do off meds.

QUESTIONS
  • Can i hope that giving more time for my body to adjust will make Concerta to work better?
  • In your opinion should i lower/keep/up the dose and why? (I UNDERSTAND THAT I CAN LISTEN ONLY TO MY DOC)
  • Do you think probability that methylphenidate doesn't fit me is high?

IMPORTANT
  • I have already talked with my doc, he said to continue 32mg.
  • I understand that exercise, structure, good sleep and healthy diet helps with ADHD symptoms.
  • I can't try amphetamines because Concerta and Medikinet are the only meds available here.
  • Please don't comment that methylphenidate is **** compared to amphetamines. Once again, I can't get those.
  • I took hours to write and stucture this post just to procrastinate and seek hope.
  • I really appreciate if you read at least half of this post!
The Following User Says Thank You to mbmbmb For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (06-01-18)
Old 06-01-18, 04:43 PM
ADDvanced Member

cobain67 has a spectacular aura aboutcobain67 has a spectacular aura about
Re: One Month - I am Homeless - Thank You ADHD!

Try instant release if you can...
The Following User Says Thank You to cobain67 For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (06-01-18)
Old 06-01-18, 10:47 PM

Thanked 34,062 Times in 15,423 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: One Month - I am Homeless - Thank You ADHD!

i agree with the above suggestion and seeing if you can switch to IR ritalin instead of concerta. it's a different formulation of methylphenidate. concerta never worked well for me, but ritalin did for many years.

also, welcome to the forums!
Sponsored Links