ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Concerta
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Concerta (methylphenidate) Time released Ritalin - 10 hour long acting tablet.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-18-18, 09:37 AM
DarkMaGiicS DarkMaGiicS is offline
Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 73
Thanks: 21
Thanked 29 Times in 24 Posts
DarkMaGiicS is on a distinguished road
Xenidate vs Concerta

So recently been put on Xenidate 90mg, He's changed it from Xenidate to Concerta, What's the difference between these two tablets? I thought they was both the same. Been told Concerta may have better effect then Xenidate, Anyone else been told this or been swapped from brand to generic?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-18-18, 10:10 AM
Emre22's Avatar
Emre22 Emre22 is offline
Committee Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Turkey
Posts: 733
Thanks: 544
Thanked 489 Times in 332 Posts
Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all
Re: Xenidate vs Concerta

It depends on their relase mechanics. For example, today i took 40mg Medikinet Retard
It is a long relase tablet too but it shots massive amount at first hours, mostly it is designed for children going to school, designed to reach maximum effect at school time if you take it in the morning.
Just do a little search about their mechanism
Concerta is day long effective, relase mechanism is designed for having stable effect during all day some sources claim it is 10 hours , some 12 hours

Xenidate isnt sold in Turkey got no idea but if u do little search about their mechanisms you can figure out difference or maybe they have not significant difference at all

Normally i use concerta but i planned reading book in afternoon today so i needed maximum effect in short period i chose medikinet today
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-18-18, 10:44 AM
DarkMaGiicS DarkMaGiicS is offline
Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 73
Thanks: 21
Thanked 29 Times in 24 Posts
DarkMaGiicS is on a distinguished road
Re: Xenidate vs Concerta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emre22 View Post
It depends on their relase mechanics. For example, today i took 40mg Medikinet Retard
It is a long relase tablet too but it shots massive amount at first hours, mostly it is designed for children going to school, designed to reach maximum effect at school time if you take it in the morning.
Just do a little search about their mechanism
Concerta is day long effective, relase mechanism is designed for having stable effect during all day some sources claim it is 10 hours , some 12 hours

Xenidate isnt sold in Turkey got no idea but if u do little search about their mechanisms you can figure out difference or maybe they have not significant difference at all

Normally i use concerta but i planned reading book in afternoon today so i needed maximum effect in short period i chose medikinet today
Where can i find mechanism for Xenidate and Concerta?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #4  
Old 08-18-18, 10:52 AM
Emre22's Avatar
Emre22 Emre22 is offline
Committee Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Turkey
Posts: 733
Thanks: 544
Thanked 489 Times in 332 Posts
Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all
Re: Xenidate vs Concerta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMaGiicS View Post
Where can i find mechanism for Xenidate and Concerta?
https://www.sps.nhs.uk/wp-content/up..._May_20162.pdf

Page 4/9 begin from there
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
DarkMaGiicS (08-18-18)
  #5  
Old 08-18-18, 10:57 AM
Emre22's Avatar
Emre22 Emre22 is offline
Committee Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Turkey
Posts: 733
Thanks: 544
Thanked 489 Times in 332 Posts
Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all
Re: Xenidate vs Concerta

I hope u took ur medication today because it needs a little bit effort figure out things
I wish i could summarize all for you but medikinet’s second peak incoming i need to read book
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-18-18, 11:13 AM
DarkMaGiicS DarkMaGiicS is offline
Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 73
Thanks: 21
Thanked 29 Times in 24 Posts
DarkMaGiicS is on a distinguished road
Re: Xenidate vs Concerta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emre22 View Post
I hope u took ur medication today because it needs a little bit effort figure out things
I wish i could summarize all for you but medikinet’s second peak incoming i need to read book
I'v took my Xenidate today, I change to Concerta monday.
Gonna have a peak look at that link you sent me!

Read it: Don't understand it lol
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkMaGiicS For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (08-18-18)
  #7  
Old 08-18-18, 11:28 AM
Emre22's Avatar
Emre22 Emre22 is offline
Committee Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Turkey
Posts: 733
Thanks: 544
Thanked 489 Times in 332 Posts
Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all
Re: Xenidate vs Concerta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMaGiicS View Post
I'v took my Xenidate today, I change to Concerta monday.
Gonna have a peak look at that link you sent me!

Read it: Don't understand it lol
Ok give me sometime i will explain it as clearly as i can mate
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
DarkMaGiicS (08-18-18)
  #8  
Old 08-18-18, 11:45 AM
DarkMaGiicS DarkMaGiicS is offline
Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 73
Thanks: 21
Thanked 29 Times in 24 Posts
DarkMaGiicS is on a distinguished road
Re: Xenidate vs Concerta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emre22 View Post
Ok give me sometime i will explain it as clearly as i can mate
Thank you! Will benefit me to know these drugs and comparisons between them!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkMaGiicS For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (08-18-18)
  #9  
Old 08-18-18, 12:41 PM
Emre22's Avatar
Emre22 Emre22 is offline
Committee Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Turkey
Posts: 733
Thanks: 544
Thanked 489 Times in 332 Posts
Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all
Re: Xenidate vs Concerta

Ok let me explain it on a simple example. Think your capsule as a box but it is smart one, this box has sugar inside of it. When u take it, it starts relasing that sugar but every box(capsule-Concerta/Xenidate/Medikinet etc) have it’s own way to relase , think your body as a swimming pool and ur metabolism is regulating that pool. For example medikinet , you take and smart box is relasing sugar slowly like ur body(swimming pool =100)
Time is passing 10 sugar 20 sugar 30 sugar 60 sugar , it makes u reach maximum sugar/water ratio in very short time, then it slows and ur metabolism regulates swimming pool , box is slowing relasement. After 3-4 hours smart box kicks sugar again process repeat itself. Peak term = maximum sugar/water ratio those charts show how these ratios change

Concerta is kicking sugar reaching peak point in 1-2 hours , then after 6-8 hours. So slower. And steady than medikinet.

I checked clinical implications it seems like Xenidate is equivelant of Concerta XL

If you understand mechanism explanation, it depends on your needs
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
DarkMaGiicS (08-18-18)
  #10  
Old 08-18-18, 12:48 PM
Emre22's Avatar
Emre22 Emre22 is offline
Committee Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Turkey
Posts: 733
Thanks: 544
Thanked 489 Times in 332 Posts
Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all
Re: Xenidate vs Concerta

Additional note : We are not copy of each other thats why some people prefer instant relase forms. For me , Long-relase forms work best.
Reason we have different genetic codes, diffetent metabolisms.
You can think those values and mechanism as a average research
You may be extraordinary one or ordinary one
Your doctor will decide best for you due to your observations and reactions
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
DarkMaGiicS (08-18-18)
  #11  
Old 08-18-18, 03:21 PM
DarkMaGiicS DarkMaGiicS is offline
Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 73
Thanks: 21
Thanked 29 Times in 24 Posts
DarkMaGiicS is on a distinguished road
Re: Xenidate vs Concerta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emre22 View Post
Additional note : We are not copy of each other thats why some people prefer instant relase forms. For me , Long-relase forms work best.
Reason we have different genetic codes, diffetent metabolisms.
You can think those values and mechanism as a average research
You may be extraordinary one or ordinary one
Your doctor will decide best for you due to your observations and reactions
Thank you for explaining this to me! Makes perfect sense now! So basically, There is no difference between at all between Xenidate and Concerta?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-18-18, 03:26 PM
Emre22's Avatar
Emre22 Emre22 is offline
Committee Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Turkey
Posts: 733
Thanks: 544
Thanked 489 Times in 332 Posts
Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all
Re: Xenidate vs Concerta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMaGiicS View Post
Thank you for explaining this to me! Makes perfect sense now! So basically, There is no difference between at all between Xenidate and Concerta?
Source says that no significant difference
You are welcome
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-18-18, 03:31 PM
Emre22's Avatar
Emre22 Emre22 is offline
Committee Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Turkey
Posts: 733
Thanks: 544
Thanked 489 Times in 332 Posts
Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all
Re: Xenidate vs Concerta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMaGiicS View Post
Thank you for explaining this to me! Makes perfect sense now! So basically, There is no difference between at all between Xenidate and Concerta?
By the way , i am not expert but i remember that in a another thread you mentioned psychosis but methylphenidate can cause stimulant psychosis too
Maybe you should discuss with ur your doctor about passing to amphetamines, if you arent satisfied of methylphenidate
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-18-18, 03:45 PM
DarkMaGiicS DarkMaGiicS is offline
Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 73
Thanks: 21
Thanked 29 Times in 24 Posts
DarkMaGiicS is on a distinguished road
Re: Xenidate vs Concerta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emre22 View Post
By the way , i am not expert but i remember that in a another thread you mentioned psychosis but methylphenidate can cause stimulant psychosis too
Maybe you should discuss with ur your doctor about passing to amphetamines, if you arent satisfied of methylphenidate
I tried asking for Elvanse as that's the only next medication i can try. He basically told me that Elvanse is completely different to methylphenidate & its a weak stimulant compare to what i'm already taking.

My medication works, Just doesn't seem like its giving me full benefit, From about 1hour to 2 hours i feel more of the effect, and the dosage i'm taking now wears of around 6-7, Maybe 8 hours after doesage, I'v known it last a good 12 hours but with small effect

When i'm talking about effect, I'm not on about the high feeling or euphoric, Effect it gives me is the focus and concentration it gives.me, Less impulsive, Had no side effects either, No appetite loss or anything either, So i guess i'm well tolerate to the medication, From 18mg i went up every 18mg till now i'm at 90mg, I told my doctor that 108mg worked perfectly fine, He ignored it and said, Well if 90mg doesn't work as good, He will put me on a 5mg methylphenidate to boost it up, Not sure how and why it will boost it up, I'm aware its 5mg Ritalin
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkMaGiicS For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (08-18-18)
  #15  
Old 08-18-18, 04:18 PM
Emre22's Avatar
Emre22 Emre22 is offline
Committee Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Turkey
Posts: 733
Thanks: 544
Thanked 489 Times in 332 Posts
Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all
Re: Xenidate vs Concerta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMaGiicS View Post
I tried asking for Elvanse as that's the only next medication i can try. He basically told me that Elvanse is completely different to methylphenidate & its a weak stimulant compare to what i'm already taking.

My medication works, Just doesn't seem like its giving me full benefit, From about 1hour to 2 hours i feel more of the effect, and the dosage i'm taking now wears of around 6-7, Maybe 8 hours after doesage, I'v known it last a good 12 hours but with small effect

When i'm talking about effect, I'm not on about the high feeling or euphoric, Effect it gives me is the focus and concentration it gives.me, Less impulsive, Had no side effects either, No appetite loss or anything either, So i guess i'm well tolerate to the medication, From 18mg i went up every 18mg till now i'm at 90mg, I told my doctor that 108mg worked perfectly fine, He ignored it and said, Well if 90mg doesn't work as good, He will put me on a 5mg methylphenidate to boost it up, Not sure how and why it will boost it up, I'm aware its 5mg Ritalin
Medikinet lasts 8 hours but i feel the difference focus and concentration. My doctor is doing same if i need boost during day he told me take 10mg ritalin

Today i took medikinet it worked well but it doesnt last as long as concerta
I can feel difference i feel tired , especially mentally tired
I guess medikinet is good choice for school children, it can benefit them during school time but
I am an adult , i dont have a forced schedule , i want to be able to do work which needs mental effort whenever i want
Tomorrow i will try concerta 54mg + 20-30mg ritalin

Ritalin is instant relase

Medikinet would be good choice when semester begins, but not good choice for summer time

It is good to know Elvanse is weaker than Concerta
But what about Dextroamphetamine or Adderall?
My doctor says all are equivelant somehow
But here people share their experiences here and Dextroamphetamine seems like best stimulant in general
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Considering Switching From Concerta to Something Else funwithpinetree Concerta 1 03-02-14 12:35 AM
First time on Concerta killerschnauzer Concerta 22 07-24-11 12:44 AM
Why did I ever take medication? notfed New Member Introductions 3 07-16-11 07:01 PM
transitioning to adderall from concerta hollywood Adderall 2 05-15-09 03:40 PM
Help, son just prescribed Concerta for ADHD...having doubts about giving him it... missy185 Children's Diagnosis & Treatment 22 02-23-09 01:15 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) 2003 - 2015 ADD Forums